Sotonians moving up the league table

Back-slapping ahoy.

Sotonians now has a bigger membership than IBO. They’ve been going five years. We’ve been going nineteen months.

They’ve got 331 members.

We’re coming for ya, Steveweb :lou_sunglasses:

8 Likes

Also remember that every 1 Sotonian is worth 5 of anyone else

:lou_lol:

2 Likes

If possible, I would like an actual table, as I am unfamiliar with the other forums.

IBO ?

It’s tough. TSW has 10K total, 1.5K active. On pure numbers alone, they win. Both the UI and not606 are part of multi team forums.

TBH after the vast quantity of lager and tequila I consumed last night, I’m only worth about 3 of them today :lou_sad:

3 Likes

Originally posted by @steveintheforest

TBH after the vast quantity of lager and tequila I consumed last night, I’m only worth about 3 of them today :lou_sad:

Just reading that makes me feel ill. I pity you.

1 Like

I’m drinking my way through it…it’s hard work but I’m starting to feel the benefit. Highly recommended. You’ll feel the same tomorrow Steve, but it puts off the pain for a little while

1 Like

Originally posted by @steveintheforest

IBO ?

It’s Beautiful Outside.

Think it span off from the UI.

A comparison of the cricket threads on here and on Steveweb is interesting - the same topic, run over the same length of time. Steveweb 329 posts: Sotonians 1,147

2 Likes

Funnily enough I’ve been toying with that very idea for the last couple of hours.

So now it’s been highly recommended by your good self Cobb, my decision is made and I’ve got a plan !! … stand under the shower for 20 mins until I’ve convinced myself I’m feeling fantastic and then off to the pub to wind my Evertonian mate up !!

Thanks for the wisdom mate, good to know you’ve got my back. :smile:

1 Like

So we’re mid table? Nice.

3 Likes

Can’t say I’ve heard of it … there again Sotonians flew under my radar until ‘The Jack Schitt Affair

2 Likes

I’ve been signed up with the UI for a few years now but only ever posted about 3 or 4 times. Can’t put my finger on why but I really don’t like the place … something about it feels a bit unsavory, a bunch of superior douches full of themselves … (think a whole forum of CB Frys)

… there again maybe I just didn’t cut the mustard

2 Likes

TUI is a place for asshats. The format sucks ballbags. They just accuse each other of multi posting and then abuse each other. They have a brilliant running gag where anyone new is accused of being someone called Bangkok Saint and then they all call that person a paedophile, or something. Dune quite often seems the most normal on there, which should tell you all you need to know.

4 Likes

Twat!

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

Originally posted by @Fatso

TUI is a place for asshats. The format sucks ballbags. They just accuse each other of multi posting and then abuse each other. They have a brilliant running gag where anyone new is accused of being someone called Bangkok Saint and then they all call that person a paedophile, or something. Dune quite often seems the most normal on there, which should tell you all you need to know.

Twat!

A very eloquent and well thought out post, Bangkok

3 Likes

Well, tbf they didn’t have me posting updates every 5 minutes 'cos work was boring!!

2 Likes

Originally posted by @gavstar

Originally posted by @pap

Originally posted by @gavstar

If possible, I would like an actual table, as I am unfamiliar with the other forums.

It’s tough. TSW has 10K total, 1.5K active. On pure numbers alone, they win. Both the UI and not606 are part of multi team forums.

So we’re mid table? Nice.

On that one crude measure, yes. But we haven’t cheated on those numbers either.

On other metrics, I’d be a lot more glowing. I’d go as far to say that the only thing done better on other sites is football. Anything “off-topic”, we tend to own.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get ‘done better’ and _‘more of it’, _ confused Pap :lou_wink:

2 Likes