Social Integration is not happening

Assuming, of course, the culprits are from the indigenous population @sadoldgit :smile:

@barry-sanchez should be deeply concerned about historical migration over Doggerland.

Nature’s Channel crossing. No guards. I bet he shudders when he looks it up.

Some of these kids are so scared on the streets. They then carry a knife and are more likely to be killed with the knife they’re carrying. One lad I met even said he’d tell the PM there needed to be more police on the street for them to feel safe. A lot of these kids are also in homes where they don’t feel they are safe or belong. There are often multiple issues in those homes. Poverty, mental health, drug/alcohol abuse, domestic abuse. The troubled families agenda which the government has spent a lot on and conitues to has shown no real change. Sorting out poverty may be a start. Making people feel safe and secure would be also good.

That’s the reason but the that is also not an excuse to commit a horrendous crime, people carry knives all the time here, its commonplace.

Sure, but if you tackle the reason, the likelihood of it happening will be drastically reduced.

The troubled families agenda was a no doubt well-meaning initiative to try and do something about it. It seems to not be having much success - although we only have Niki’s word for that - I’m sure there are studies that have sought to establish the efficacy of the initiative.

I could tell some tales about how they can meet their targets but not really turn anything around. There are workers who are working really hard to make changes for children and parents but often these don’t change things in a quick enough way and cannot cover up the issues of poverty that are at the root of most issues.

Bbc article report says it didn’t work

/2016/oct/17/governments-448m-troubled-families-scheme-has-had-little-impact-thinktank

government/publications/national-evaluation-of-the-first-troubled-families-programme

How will it be tackled? It was rhetorical, it will cost money, I am more than happy formy taxes to to rise to fight poverty, until then fuck hug a hoody and give punishments that genuinely and fairly fit the crime.

They in the main voted for Brexit, why? Are they racist or forgotten?

Or possibly misinformed or just stupid Barry. You can add whatever label you (or anyone) to fit your viewpoint or agenda. It doesn’t solve the problem where it matters.

We’re arguably a fairly well educated bunch who have no idea how to deal with root-causes, no matter how well meaning we are -apart from Intiniki, probably.

2 Likes

Thanks @cobham-saint

As to the other reply to my post - well I haven’t a blooming clue what that’s about. I’d decide not to reply in this thread so I may just leave it there.

1 Like

Probably best to just leave it there @intiniki . You won’t get a sensible answer.

2 Likes

Oi Barry I saw a thing about Musloid inbreeding. It said like 50% of marriages in Iraq or somewhere was to first cousin, and it’s been that way for 40 generations, which is even worse inbreeding than Royal Family. I thought it was quite interest, I wonder if it is Truth? Do you know bout this aspect? It made me think of them bros like fkn Hillbilly’s which is at odds with my Liberal Live+Let Live Ideals.

Few manage to break the shackles of forced marriages, culture or lack of it.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35171584/teenager-avoids-jail-for-sex-attacks-due-to-cultural-differences/#page1

Amazing, and they wonder why people get angry.

Yep, the Australian legal system is a shambles.

That was your point, wasn’t it? Not quite sure why you have it on the integration thread, though…

1 Like

It doesnt mention rape or any serious sexual contact. The judge obvioulsy doesnt see this person as a threat. He is on two years probabtion so if he does it again he could expect a custodial sentence. This is what is known as justice Barry. You dont automatically get locked up for trying to kiss people (if that is what he did). Plenty of non migrants avoid jail for all kinds of reasons. Judges weigh up the circumstances and make a decision. If you are angry about it take it up with the Australian legal system. There are lots of things to get angry about every day that dont concern migrants yet you dont bother to post about them. As I said before, you are to Sotonians as Batman is to TSW, and trust me, that is not a good thing.

I said I wouldnt post… I said I wouldn’t post. .

But here’s is another report on the link by barry.

teenager-gets-probation-eight-women-groped-surfers-paradise/8472

The judge commented on this difficult times in his homeland but it doesn’t appear that he was “let off” due to cultural differences. Is that some of that biased media reporting?

I don’t know much about sentencing on these sort of crimes in Australia. But it would appear he is to be monitored for 2 years. Doesn’t sound too bad. He may have some work around sexual offending and relationships.

What he did is in no way acceptable. But I’ve been groped by people from all different places in the world (including plenty of white British men in Southampton). So maybe a global education on good and bad touching would be useful.

2 Likes

gd facebook status imo. Or first line of ur autobiography. I would read that book srs!

Gosh do you think I could get a publicist and book deal? Or will it be self publishing via Amazon?

2 Likes

So in Afghanistan its acceptable for this to happen, Australia should then send Germaine Greer over there…