Site suggestions and feature requests

Yeah that’s happening to me too. I click on “latest post” and the post doesn’t display. If the thread has multiple pages if you click on the penultimate page it displays OK…you can then navigate to the final page and all is well. Odd.

Me too! It worked earlier though.

Happens to me sometimes as well. I’ve found that clicking on the final page loads the contents, even though the link to the final page looks like it isn’t actually a link, if you get my drift.

Can we have a badminton sub forum in general sports please.

Originally posted by @Cascadia-Saint

Originally posted by @Goatboy

I can’t see any posts on the ‘I Think They Are Hot thread’. This keeps happening on various threads.

Me too! It worked earlier though.

Hmm, I might have to take a look into that. It looks to be related to the bookmarking stuff.

can’t see the apps thread now.

Originally posted by @Goatboy

can’t see the apps thread now.

Seems to happen to the same thread for everybody then, as opposed to different individuals experiencing the phenomenon on different threads. I think it may be something to do with a thread reaching the end of a page; the forum software tries to take you to the next page, but there’s nothing there and, because the page you’re on hasn’t really started yet, there’s no way back to the previous page either.

I could be talking total bollocks here, of course.

Or then again, I might not. Just tested this out on the indispensable apps thread by adding a new post. Lo and behold, the thread is accessible again.

No one responded to my point about locking threads, so I thought I’d put it in its appropriate place so maybe it will be taken seriously. I don’t think right close off a thread early because we think people should move on. Especially given everything else about this forum has been done on the basis of freedom of speech.

Not a biggie, but there’s no place to put my profound comment about Toby. If anyone wishes to hear it, I’m happy to update via PM. It’s definitely worth it.

1 Like

Hi all, I don’t seem to be able to paste a piece of text I’ve copied from another site into a reply. Is this normal on the sotonians.com or just because I’m on my phone, and on chrome?

Can you describe what happens when you try to paste JBoy?

When you try, do you get the insert table pop-up?

Same happens to me. And also copying from a message here to another message. Just disappears. I’ll try and note the instances.

Yes the insert table comes up but what do I do then?

How else am I supposed to pass off witty and wise quotes as my own?

1 Like

Any chance we’ll get the functionality to set up polls? Is it something moderators can do?

You should have that already. When starting a new discussion, you should be able to add a poll to the topic.

1 Like

It’s there already Spudders (this IS papsweb and not Steveweb you know!).

Create a discussion, then in the top right corner of the new topic page (that may be different from device to device) you have the option to “Add a poll to this topic”.

1 Like

Thanks gents, a response from two of you within 3 minutes, sterling work!

Can we have a general ‘news’ sub forum?

Done. Under “Reasonably Serious Discussions”. It’ll take a while before the category appears on the right hand side, but you can post to it now.

1 Like

The issue concerning the blank pages on a new visit should now be addressed. The issue was down to a combination of deleted posts and irregular page numbers. First page of any thread has 21 posts. The rest all have 20. The visit code was storing the last page you visited, and didn’t take into account the fact that posts may have been deleted in the interim, rendering that page reference a bit fucking useless.

Rejoice Goatboy and Fowlly D.

1 Like

I like the fact ‘Sickness is in us all’ is the top poster so far this week, and therefore the message in the banner.

I feel like God is preaching to us for up on high!! Repent!

2 Likes