:pl: :sheffieldunitedfc: Sheffield Utd v Southampton :saintsfc: (Live on :sky_logo: Sports)

But have had the majority of possession…

United packing out their box, oerr, can see us having the same problems as Villa are having… think of us v Newcastle…

First goal is going to be crucial…

Shows how vital the first goal will be. If they get on front, they’ll play like they did tonight and we’ll struggle.

No. Tierney with Coote on VAR.

Mason would appear to be (guffaw) injured.

3 Likes

Apparently, he tripped over his ego and got a muscle strain.

Joking apart, all 3 games tonight have been turgid. Seems to accentuate my belief that players are becoming stale and burnt out.

Citeh seem to be playing a different game, which they can with 2.5 first teams available to select from.

Good news was the red for Jagielka. Reading the Beeb it will probably get rescinded. Which is good news as he is almost as slow as I was in my prime

This is why our form is as shit as it is surely?

A great starting 11 at the start of the season but nothing of value on the bench or from anywhere below that when injuries or suspensions kick in?

RSVP Barry Sanchez @ UI…

1 Like

The most Saintsy thing ever.
2 tough away games.
3 points.
After losing to Sheff Utd

Ralph in the presser:

KWP, Diallo and MiniMe all in training this week. We will see for the weekend but all in contention.

Moussa sounds OK, but said wary because of his history of injuries and three games a week is too much for him. We have games on Sat and Wed so have to be careful.

Theo - worst of the muscle injuries but hope he will be back after the international break.

3 Likes

It feels like Theo has been out for ages.

KWP and Diallo back will be massive but they are unlikely to hit the ground running so really do need to stay fit long term because clearly we cannot adequately replace either of them now.

3 Likes

Interesting

Surprisingly I think we have missed Theo. Although his finishing and end product can be Longesque, he does draw fouls and attacks at speed which can cause panic in opposition defences.if only Redmond would do that instead of turning back and playing the ball smartly to the opposition.

1 Like

B team 1-0 down to Arsenal after 11 minutes. Ramsay playing right back which is odd as I’d assume he would be on the bench tomorrow.
It finished 2-2 thanks to 2 goals from Will Ferry.

Stephen’s & Salisu on bench
Macca, Jankewitch, Tella, Moussa, N’Lundulu Chauke, one of Adams/Redz.
Simples.

They play with wingbacks so Ralph could tweak to his plan B Armstrong more as a false 9 Redz & Mini-me rotating around Ings.

Let us hope the row between the Board & Wilder about a DoF unsettled them rather than creating a siege mentality

1 Like

Sheff Utd v Southampton (15:00 GMT)

Southampton’s freefall continued with their defeat against Everton on Monday and they have now taken just one point from their past nine matches.

This Saints slump needs to stop soon if they are going to stay up, because the 30 points they have so far will not be enough for survival.

Saturday won’t be easy for Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side either, especially now key midfielder Oriol Romeu has been ruled out for the rest of the season. He is like Kalvin Phillips at Leeds - the heartbeat of their team.

Sheffield United are in a much worse situation in the table, but they got a great win over Aston Villa on Wednesday and have clearly not given up hope yet.

It will be close but I think Southampton will get something out of the game, and even a point would be something for them to build on.

Lawro’s prediction: 1-1

Ben’s prediction: I’m going to go with a Southampton win - they really need it. 0-1

Bookies have us as big favourites

1 Like

On that basis I’ll watch from behind the sofa until it’s all over…

1 Like

If we score first we’ll get something. If not… FML

2 Likes

The common denominator in all the games we have lost recently is that I’ve watched them without wearing a Saints top and not drinking beer.

I’ll make sure I do both today.

Now, how many will we lose by…?

:roll_eyes:

Similar here. I’ve been watching with a sky pass. I’m going back to listening to Solent.

1 Like