:saints: Saints v West Ham :westhamfc: (PL)

Agree with a few comments on our fitness - a good bit more work to be done there I think. I also thought that we missed Hojbjerg like hell; Lemina was a very poor stand-in. Too many misplaced flicks and passes, missed interceptions and tackles.

We played poorly, West Ham were better. Their second goal was a total cluster-fuck on our part though - not sure just how we got caught quite as flat-footed as that.

2 Likes

Lemina was shite. His decision making was shocking. Why stop and pass backwards when you’ve got 30 yards in front of you to run into?
Targett had a torrid time too. Didn’t think I’d be looking forward to the return of Bertrand but it can’t come quickly enough.
Agree we looked tired. Seemed to lose every 50/50 and the ball fell nicely for West Ham every time.
MC Car Thief needs to work on his long range shot stopping.
On the plus side, thought Valery did ok against 2 of their best players (Anderson and Cresswell) and Romeu is looking better with every game.
Tough games coming up so not expecting anything other than improved performances. The odd point would be a bonus.

edit: Declan Rice is some player too.

3 Likes

Agree re Rice - had an excellent game. Basmati not patna.

1 Like

Agree re the comments. We were second best with passing and marking, with very few exceptions. Thought we were lucky Antonio was playing wing / full back too.

Also, we really need to offload a couple of players (Gabbiadini/Reed/Carrillo/Clasie/Forster/Hoedt) and bring in a pacy forward/winger and a centre back.
If we can get a bit of money for Cedric I’d take that and bring in an experienced right back too.

Its not the managers fault the previous regimes bought such shite, that second goal was fucking embarrassing, the manager can not instill, heart and drive, we’re leggy and probably not capable in fact I am as sure as shit we aren’t capable of playing the way the manager wants us to, lets hope he says in very very blunt terms he can’t polish a turd in the coming transfer meetings as we’re down or very very close to it with this poor side.
Ings can not do it all by himself, and Bertrand is gone.

Ayyyyy! Baz is back! happy christamazzz :lou_smiley:

The thing is am I wrong?

Poll time :thinking:

0 voters

If you don’t think there has been a serious upturn in player attitude in the last few games then yes I think you are wrong. We are still a bit shit and unfit but I think most people have stated this and it is not a revelation. We are at the wrong end of the table so your prediction of ‘very close’ to going down is just stating the obvious. If you can take nothing positive from the departures of Les Reed and Mark Hughes (which you have been begging for for ages) and the appointment of a young enthusiastic manager who has managed to get Redmond to score twice now (a fucking miracle in itself) then I feel you will be forever trapped in this downward spiral of negativity, I am happy to lower the rope, not asking you to climb up you just need to hold on for a bit and hope things might get better :lou_wink_2:

5 Likes

I am not doubting that there has been an upturn, you still can’t polish a turd though and our defence is just that, utter shit.

Reckon we’ll make a January move for Cahill?

I would like to think so

BTW I edited the poll to include your lovely quote but, in doing so, lost your vote, sorry!!

It’s ok I voted again.

I thought Ings was shit last night. He looked knackered after 10 minutes.

We have to get someone in, they aren’t up to standard or anywhere near it, the question remains how can or could we consistently sign such wank defenders?

Although the new poll choice is very Northern Oirish

1 Like

They all looked tired, lack of fitness and West Ham using the ball well and making us look poorer than we normally are, West Ham fully deserved their win but the players can’t be blamed if they aren’t good enough.

I don’t know, I think the defence has been better the last couple of games too, not saying their brilliant but a Cahill type player would be a good addition.

Yesterday’s second goal wasn’t embarassing though, inevitable given that West Ham were sitting back and were trying to catch us on the break. Would never have happened if Craig Poorson had been doing his job properly but thems the breaks I guess.

I would like to go back and see all the goals that have been scored against us and see how many are wonder strikes never to be repeated, oh, and deflections…

I ain’t changing it again…

1 Like