:saints: Saints v Watford :watfordfc: (PL)

Haven’t read much about the match but I thought it was interesting that the week Les leaves Yoshida is back in the team. Coincidence?

1 Like

Why have they got 10 goalkeepers btw??

Ummm…me & Baz have met. In real life he’s sadly quite normal and likeable…

1 Like

Good point @PeteThePrimate

Nonsense. If you stood next to Austin with no shirt on there would only be one fat cunt on show.

2 Likes

Thought Lemina ran himself into the ground today. Yoshi, Hojbjerg and Gabbiadini also v.good. Not sure what’s up with Bertrand. He was fucking garbage. As was Cedric. Fuck me we need a win.

3 Likes

I think Bazza should at least have the good grace to admit that he is made up that Saints didn’t win today. Surely you support your team through thick and thin, if you are a genuine supporter. No outrage from Bazza about us being blatantly robbed today by a disgraceful, cowardly decision from the referee. I have been on this forum for a few years now, and i can’t remember any positive posts from him regarding the Saints. Despite his bluster about being a true Saints supporter all evidence shows that the opposite is the case. ‘You only sing when you’re winning’ could have been written for him. He is reduced to justifying today’s disallowed goal by pointing out the penalty for Watford that wasn’t given. Nailed on penalties aren’t given every week, for all teams. But today’s disallowed Chazza goal was in a different ballpark. It will be a disgrace if Charlie is given a ban for his comments about the referee, given the circumstances i thought he was quite restrained, it’s not as if he called him a weak, bottling cunt which would have been fair comment. I have long been of the opinion that referees, like managers and players, should be confronted and asked to justify their decisions. After all, they are now well paid professionals. Match of The Day should be allowed to confront today’s ref with the footage and ask them to justify the decision they made, which let’s be honest, probably deprived Saints of two points. Two points could be the difference between relegation or staying up, at the end of the season. I could accept it if today’s ref claimed he made a split second decision in real time and made a genuine mistake, it happens. But he didn’t, there were at least twenty seconds after the goal went in, celebrations had finished and players were heading for the re start., He seized the chance to even up after his decision to deny Watford a penalty, which he should have given. Weak and really poor refereeing. I have no doubt at all that if Man U, City, Chelsea or Liverpool had scored an equivalent goal at home, today’s referee would never have disallowed it.

4 Likes

Totally agree. I was saying the same things to my mates earlier. For me, the delay proves he was either looking for a reason to disallow or he was weighing up whether to do so or not. He saw the whole thing and had a great view of all relevant parties. Foster is nowhere near Yoshida and doesn’t change direction at any point or even stutter to suggest he thought the ball would be going anywhere other than where it went.

In case your point about the top clubs getting a much more frequent helping hand from officials needed a contemporary example…

They are not supposed to award penalties unless they are absolutely sure… well how the actual fuck can this twat justify giving that penalty in mid week?

1 Like

So admit Watford should have had a penalty?

Using a poor decision to deflect from a poor 2nd half is weak, we’re at home for fucks sake.

Excuses don’t wash.

Agree big teams get more 50/50 decisions, football is corrupt no doubt.

Give it up Bazza…you’ve had a good run, it’s been fun while it’s lasted but you’ve been found out. It’s as plain as a pikestaff, you’re just a twat on wind-up. :lou_facepalm_2:

Not at all, if that is what you want to believe all well and good.

1 Like

Thanks I knew you’d eventually see it my way. :lou_lol:

2 Likes

At the risk of sounding like you Barry, I’ve been saying THIS for years! :joy:

About the blatant corruption and rule breaking evident at Man City et al.

And in fairness I do feel that the playing field has never been less level and it is truly ruining the spectacle and the sport.

1 Like

Yes they should have, but as @Simon-says said,

Look again at the refs position and the 6 or 7 players potentially blocking his view. He wasn’t sure, so couldn’t give it, as the rules state.
Now look at the Austin goal. His view was good. Yoshida was the other side of the ball to the goalie. The ref can see the line the ball travels and initially, no problem, then 30 seconds later changes his mind.
You’re views are very bizarre for a supposed supporter.
Rate the first 11. I’d be interested in how you view the individual players, rather than just the general, gutless hairdresser, coverall.
What do you disagree with in this interview. Is it lacking passion?

5 Likes

Furthermore, Hughes references a certain type of bias in his post match interview. He quite blatantly says that teams like us and Watford will get the retard refs who are new or in training and that they’d not officiate the Manchester derby. He then goes on to say for good reason.

However I disagree. When you really break it down, why not? It’s a fucking football match, with 22 players, two goals and the same fucking rules. What’s the difference if you are trained and objective?

It is bullshit.

http://www.skysports.com/share/11550905

1 Like

A couple of points from that article

“However, after consulting assistant Harry Lennard”

Assistant, as in linesman? How the fuck could he have a clearer view than someone watching the flight of the ball from a few yards behind? That’s bullshit.

“A clear goal and not one of their players appealed for offside”

No more needs to be said.

The whole game. Apart from the first 10-15 and the last 15(becoming a habit), i thought, as a team, apart from defence(Yoshida excluded), we played with some invention and there’s more of an attacking belief(Armstrong needs game time) in the team.
Watford ain’t no mugs and we put a lot of pressure on them for most of the game.
If we invest in the winter, a right back(or Valery) and a mobile centre back is all we need(sorry Barry).

1 Like

Big IF mind. We’ll need to ship some of our other five centre backs out first. Who would command a fee of any significance and who would you keep.

Yup. ‘Sophie’s Choice’.

Don’t care about fee, so first out would be Stephens. Bednarek is back up, so no worries about how much game time he gets. That leaves 3 and i’d go with Vestergaard and Yoshida. Hoedt, i can’t work out. Looks brilliant at some things, but makes under 12 errors and can’t turn for any ball behind. .
Malang Sarr with Vestergaard and a decent right back would be ok.

If you go with all the metrics. We’re actually 3rd in the table of chances created. Stats can be deceptive of course, For a prem team though we have, probably the most goal-shy bunch of footballers ever to grace it. I had high hopes for Danny Ings, good signing, but what’s happened to him? If you could let me know :slight_smile: