:pl: :saints: Saints v Newcastle United :newcastlefc:

:saints: v :newcastlefc:

Eddie Howe in charge should make this a interesting game, I wonder if they’ll actually have made any “big money” signings that will be able to play!!

As the transfer window doesn’t open till January and the FA won’t be open for business on New Years Day, I sincerely hope not.

I’m sure that a few £K shoved the FA’s way will help expedite any transfers…

It looks likely that this game will be called off but I’ll still pin it just in case.

Clearly needs to be postponed until a few transfers come through.

Everton v Newcastle United postponed because of Covid-19 -

A Premier League statement said it had “accepted Newcastle United’s postponement application as the club does not have the required number of players available for the match (13 outfield players and one goalkeeper), due to Covid-19 cases and injuries”.

So last year when we had a fuckton of injuries and we had to blood a few U23s we could have actually called the games off? Yeah right.

2 Likes

Our game not yet postponed

Lawro’s been on the juice again.

Southampton v Newcastle (14:00)

This is probably a good time to play Newcastle, with Callum Wilson definitely out injured and Allan Saint-Maximin and Ryan Fraser both doubtful.

Southampton showed how good they can be when they held out with 10 men against Tottenham. This will be a different kind of test, but I’d expect them to take the points.

Lawro’s prediction: 2-0

Dan’s prediction: 2-0

I have found a tame Geordie on board who wants to give me a 50 dollar New years present based on the result of this game.
I have taken him up on his offer. :rofl: :rofl:

Mortgages on a barcode win everyone!

2 Likes

Especially given they’ll almost definitely ask for a “covid” postponement until Wilson and ASM are fit again and they’ve bought Coutinho, Dembele and Botman with their Saudi blood money.

N.B. Not shitting on the concept of blood money - I’ll happily welcome any murderous, despotic, oppressive regimes that are willing to buy us and spend £40m+ on a player… :skull::drop_of_blood::moneybag::soccer:

1 Like

That’s NOTHING we’ve pissed more than that up against the wall in recent transfer windows. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

1 Like

Postponed like we all expected

I assume Newcastle will let the PL know when they’ve strengthened their squad sufficiently to play.

Not that the PL would ever be influenced by the prospect of a team likely to be making a few star signings getting relegated.

4 Likes

My tame Geordie was immediately on the phone to Eddie to cancel the match when he realised it was being played at St Mary’s :grin::grin:

1 Like

Ah well, at least I can now spend the time doing something that’s actually useful.

1 Like

As far as I can make out they have 12 players unavailable, 1 due to suspension, 4 due to “other” and 7 proper injuries.

Whereas we have 9 unavailable (2 suspended, 4 Covid) yet we have not asked for the game to be rearranged.

…and it’s good news for me, as I won’t have to sleep through the second half. :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes