:pl: :saints: Saints v Manchester United :manunitedfc: (Live on :bt_sport:)

It was great commited defending to be fair, throwing their bodies on the line for the cause, just what you want to see.

1 Like

IMG_20220827_132041

3 Likes

That post aged well :wink:

Stolen from elsewhere, but McTominey has just been signed by Harlem Globetrotters.

Two handballs in quick succession, hands in unnatural position. But it’s Man U. No pen.

We played well but not enough passion towards the end when MU could have been rattled. We were worth a point, easily. But you have to take your chances.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Incredible hearing the defence of McTominey’s three handballs in quick succession. “He didn’t know anything about it” After it’s pointed out he moved hand to ball in an unnatural position, twice, “It was proximity - he was very close to the ball” Of course he was close to the fucking ball. You can’t handle it from 20 yds away.

7 Likes

I wonder how many Man Utd fans got battered today for standing in the Itchen North.

I’m heartened after that performance, as Shroppie says it was just the finishing that let us down, it was ever thus. This is a very young side, apparently last week it was the youngest starting side in the Premier for five years, an average age of 22.5. Five aged 20 or under. Bella-Ketchup was outstanding today I thought, and the rest of the new lads weren’t far behind. JWP had a very good game, his work rate is incredible, he’s a machine. KWP with his usual reliable performance. Lots to be positive about. We were well worth a draw at least, and should have got it, if that wasn’t handball by McTominey I don’t know what is. Shocking decision.

4 Likes

From Twatter

2 Likes

Before joining Saints. Bella Kotchap made 20 1st team Bundesliga appearances.
He is insane.
What a find

3 Likes

:man_shrugging:t2:

Thought we played well with some decent performances. A Armstrong did his bit. Djenepo didn’t do himself any harm, though I’m still not convinced. Bella Kotchap was very good and Lavia is a great addition.

The triple hand ball was interesting but we don’t get those against them.

As stated we didn’t take the chances.

There’s hope!

6 Likes

4 Likes

Decent game, watching with Man Utd supporting b-i-l who conceded that we were worth a draw. Bella-Katchop was immense; what we need now is to find an equvalent who plays upfront.
As for the handball penalty shout - seen them given, usually against us.

3 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes