:pl: :saints: Saints v Leicester City :leicesterfc: (moved to Friday, live on Sky)

Well we lost by a rugby score so seems appropriate

Luckily I went back to sleep at 1 down man and goals and missed most of the debacle

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TrollFootball/status/1187835777142509569?s=09

For what itā€™s worthā€¦

https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/1187862510558425089?s=09

So if it was to be that Ralph was sacked how would that make you feel?
Personally Iā€™d be gutted.

All I have to say is when all the early leavers left from about 20 minutes onward the Saints support improved immeasurably.

The loyal supporters who stayed and sucked-up the worst home display in living memory and kept singing their SUPPORT to the bitter end deserve a free season ticket next season, wherever we are playing.

And any of you who did or would have walked out earlyā€¦shame on you!

2 Likes

Who out the sad sack of out of work managers would replace him ?

Absolutely, Rust.

Iā€™d be gutted if this led to Ralph being moved on. But heā€™s ripe for criticism.

Sacking him is a mistake, heā€™s the best thing about the club, sack the rest of the cunts.

I think Kat needs to answer to the fans. We were told/sold that new ownership would financially take us to level we needed. For about 3 years our defence has needed massive improvement and we only got someone in on loan at the 11th hour who we donā€™t even start at cb. If you bring in a manager with a certain method of playing then you have to provide players suited to play that way.

1 Like

I think weā€™ve won 15 out of 62 at home in the last 3 and a bit seasons, the stadium is a curse, the fans and I canā€™t blame them are quiet and apathetic, strangely relegation, going bust, getting the Chinese gone and winning at home could be a positive.

The part that really, really concerned me was the lack of spirit. That was alarming.

1 Like

She is a cunt - the end

I agree that sacking him is a mistake. I am convinced that this is not Ralphā€™s fault for the most part. Yes we can point at some questionable and inflexible setups at times and bizarre or very late subs, but if you watch Ralph on the touchline most games he is figuratively pulling his hair out trying to communicate what his wants the team to do. Even I can tell what he is saying to them (I canā€™t lip-read for toffee), but they just dont appear to respond, or know how to respond. Has he lost the dressing room perhaps?

While we had something of a clear out in the summer, I am in the camp of ā€œit wasnā€™t enough of a clear outā€. I think we have some genuinely good players at the club but they are carrying a fair few of the others big time, and that has to be wearing and demoralising on them.

I have always been prepared to give the new board and owners the time to settle in and get things ready behind the scenes, but I am slowly starting to accept that they donā€™t seem to have either a scooby or a care in the world about all this.

After last night, the club (board, players, manager, fans, the tea lady that replaced Doris) needs to give a huge and positive reaction to the situation. Sadly I think that might come in the form of some smiley, highly edited social media training posts, but we can hope, right? Noā€¦? Ok, Iā€™m going to go put my Clapper membership card in safe storage. I am officially worried.

6 Likes

Has any body checked what is happenning on fiver web have they banned sharp objects yet?

1 Like

Canā€™t bring myself to check over on that side! Iā€™m not that depressed!

1 Like

I didnā€™t see the game, so my comments may be out of whack with what happened last night.

I think weā€™ve played really well at times this season, we have looked well setup in many games and weā€™ve executed tactics well.

However, I have seen Hutch play players out of position, I have seen Hutch play favourite players when there was arguably a better fit on the bench and Iā€™ve seen Hutch send out players that have capitulated.

Three key events / decisions stand out in my mind.

1. Hutch seemed to do absolutely everything to avoid starting Valery. At the time I couldnā€™t understand it. He was lauded last season, the PR department were giving us the ā€œacademy to first-teamā€ narrative. He looked good. Raw but good.

2. Iā€™ve seen mistakes now for the last 6 or 7 games from Gunn and still he starts. McCarthy starts against Portsmouth and has a really good game. Fully expected him to step up and for Gunn to be rested. Didnā€™t happen.

3. Danny Rohl left in the summer. Not only did he leave, there was a long period of time when the club didnā€™t announce it. He was just missing from pre-season.

On 1) I realise now why Hutch was avoiding playing Valery. Not only is he raw, he has concentration issues and loads of mistakes. If the club felt we had cover in the defence such that we could move on Targett (I know heā€™s a leftie but he provided cover) but Hutch was reluctant to start Valery then that is a problem.

On 2) I understand the reluctance of benching keepers - it fucks with their head and they, of all players, need to be so confident. But if Iā€™m a centre-back playing with a keeper that I donā€™t fully believe in Iā€™m going to try too hard and wonā€™t believe in the defensive unit.

On 3) I really worry whether the Hutch we saw last year was down to the Hutch/Rohl combination. Something feels like it has changed.

1 Like

Valery was woeful last night. On that performance Iā€™m in no doubt as to why Cedric has played his way back in to being first choice.

Completely agree about the goalkeepers. Iā€™m absolutely baffled how it has been left to go on this long. I recall McCarthy got a knock after or around the Pompey game so perhaps he would have retained his place had it not been for that?

The Rohl departure definitely looks like a blow. Even that new bloke doesnā€™t stand with Ralph on the touch line. He cuts an isolated figure. What are Watson and Kelvin Davis doing/adding?

Ralph got it wrong with his halftime changes last night. A better plan would have involved bringing on Adams and/or Long to give us an out ball and to get us in their half every now and again. Yeah the game was over by that point but we should have been aiming to draw or win the second half. The defensive changes just invited more pressure and by playing all of our centre backs it now leaves him with no unblemished options moving forward.

It kind of feels like our chickens are coming home to roost in terms of transfer decisions. Particularly at centre back. If you look around even teams like Newcastle, Watford and West Ham are spending Ā£40m on individual players. I know that money doesnā€™t guarantee quality these days but our record fee is less than half of that and I feel we arenā€™t moving with the times in that respect.

1 Like

Weā€™re were always an on the cheap club but the Chinese fellow has taken it to extremes, weā€™ve not replaced adequately what we sold which is the minimum and to add shit to the wound we havenā€™t bought anyone to replace said shit.
That squad is worse by far than our previous Premiership relegation and to add more shite to it we weā€™re flying 4 years ago, dropping like we have done is nothing short of gross negligence.

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/1188069520310784003?s=19

1 Like