:pl: :saints: Saints v Leicester City :leicesterfc: (moved to Friday, live on Sky)

Again comments about behind the scenes issues. Again, I wonder if that rumour about Kat sueing Gao has legs?

The dreaded vote of confidence.

1 Like

I’m going to have to ask my matey Kitman Forbes to put extra starch into the wash this week, to help support the spineless bastards who pull on the shirt.

From Mike Channon Junior on Northern Saints FB.
New Zealand scoring less than Leicester 
 wished I had a put a fiver on that one!!

A post was merged into an existing topic: :cloud_with_lightning: Bazza shouts at a cloud shaped like Chairman Gao

https://twitter.com/elgdix/status/1188154835532685313?s=19

4 Likes

From a Leicester supporter.

Thanks, Phil, I know exactly what you mean. Southampton have some good players but they need to invest to progress and stop allowing the “big boys” to poach their best players. We at Leicester know how hard it is to hold on to decent players when money comes calling. Vichai has helped to slow down that trend for us. Good luck to you and especially those Saints fans who braved the elements and a Leicester mauling on Friday night.

5 Likes

Some say Ralph HasenhĂŒttl looks like the Governor from The Walking Dead.

St Mary’s technical area on Friday

Shame the torrential rain didn’t put out the fire!

3 Likes

The family here support Wisla Krakow.
They were away to Legia Warsaw yesterday.
They lost 7-0.
Coach just said on TV

I guess we now know how Southampton fans feel
:lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Get some of these lot in the men’s first team.

1 Like

This is worth a listen:

https://twitter.com/adamleitchsport/status/1188722444070203392?s=20

Can I just say that Leicester did enough of a job of making Saints fans really fucking miserable this weekend?

Can I also add that this was probably not the weekend to put the boot in?

I’m referring to @Barry-Sanchez here. Wind your neck in Barry, and please try to remember that most of your fellow co-travellers thrive off the wins, not the embarrassing Premier League record defeats.

2 Likes

The board at southampton get a far too easy ride. The recent fans forums showed up the lack of ambition. A philosophy to be happy as we are and be satisfied with achievemnets. That attitude throughout the club has failed. All football clubs need ambition to progress in order to survive.
All our amition has gone into Kat and Goeos pockets. Al our amition from the CEO Kruger was to keep them happy. The new lot a just playing another version. Saying we are a small club and what else can we expect. Its not good enough. Koeman saw that early doors. We need ambitious owners, CEOs, managers , players and fans to make it work

3 Likes

We need honesty, transparency and objectives for fans to get behind, the current shower of shit at the top couldn’t give a fuck, they’re there to skim the tv money, hence if we go down it’ll be bitter sweet.

And that is entirely fair comment.

And do you know what, you haven’t abused anyone in making it.

We’ve had people asked how they might go about leaving this week, and for once, it was not on account of me.

I implore you. If someone is fucking you off, please just ignore them with the site function.

I never thought I’d say that, but I can understand the frustrations of fans being kicked by one of their own when they’ve just been gut-punched by a truly dreadful performance from the team.

@Barry-Sanchez spends an inordinate, some might say unhealthy amount of time doing just that.

The most annoying thing is that I don’t think we’ve got any Gao fans here. It’s not like we’re heaping our new owner with praise. There is no equivalent of a Dalek/Hoddle obsession, just a bunch of fans hoping their team does well.

I think there are a fair few people fucked off with being shouted at for committing that heinous crime.

6 Likes

You’ve had people ask about leaving a forum that is totally and utterly up to that person to contribute or not?

Sounds like a lizard way to get someone banned.

Without being a martyr as I couldn’t really give a fuck and I’m a bit more of a man than that snidey shit, shall I resign and not post again?

It’s up to you. I will not be making that decision for you.

My personal suggestion is that your forum persona would be much improved if you posted less and composed your thoughts more.

At your best, you’re one of my favourite posters, @Barry-Sanchez, but a dissenting voice is good enough on its own. I would suspect a great deal of people respect you for that.

I personally respect you for never casting a down vote and never getting offended.

I suspect you get considerably less respect for the frequency of your arguments, the hostility you generally have toward Saints probably doesn’t help.

99% of all forum chatter is talking bollocks in advance. One of the things I always hated about the Other Place was most of it was frenzied argument on speculation, people knocking seven bells out of each other for things that hadn’t happened yet, or things neither could possibly know.

To conclude mate, just be nice. You’re fucking lovely when you’re nice. Even gallows humour would be a step up. And yes, you can call me a hypocrite for all the times I’ve not been nice and I would agree, but I’m trying to change my bad old ways.

Might I ask that sir does the same?

3 Likes

Concur with what @pap said above.

Can I also add that’s it’s not what you say it’s the manner and frequency in which you say it.

3 Likes

Can I also associate myself with @pap’s and @BTripz’s comments about what you post and how you post it but go further to say it’s also where you post it.

Match threads, for example, are emotional places especially when we lose and lose heavily.

Nobody needs to see that you believe the problem is related to things we can’t change there and then - commercial/transfer policy, funding, the decisions of the Liebherr’s, etc.

We know you feel that we need to be reminded on the match thread - we don’t
but nobody is stopping you from immediately using one of the many threads that exist to further that, often valid, line of debate. I’m sure you’d get more people agreeing with you.

Likewise using one of your tangential perennials (Islam, Russia, Syria, etc.) as a non sequitur on unrelated threads gets very tedious for posters.

You’re getting a lot of free advice here from the management of the site. I’m not going to tolerate your old posting behaviour moving forward so heed the advice, appreciate the effort we’re putting in to try to accommodate your style and please adapt.

Also you’re a cunt.

x

4 Likes