:pl: :Saints: Saints v Crystal Palace :crystalpalacefc:

:saints: v :crystalpalacefc:

Predict the Result
  • We are Going to Lost (c) @CB-Saint
  • Play like we played against City and we might, just might, win this one.
  • Hodgson got 'em all fired up, :crystalpalacefc: will win at a canter.
  • Score Draw
  • Bore Draw

0 voters

we are going to lose

Hands up who wants to keep the Match Day threads, or should we have a match day chat for each game?

I’d be inclined to start with both, @BTripz.

I would imagine that the chat would be useful for more immediate feedback during the 90 mins of the game - away especially, but that pre-match and post-match reaction would be better in a topic?

If the chat doesn’t get used then stick with the thread?

2 Likes

:raising_hand_man:for both

Wot @NotBletch said

1 Like

We trying to become WhatsApp now?

1 Like

Oh, I thought we already were.

1 Like

I thought we were Twtter

2 Likes

You’re just trying to make us feel better aren’t you? :joy:

Thing is I put this option in, but we just know we won’t play like we played against City.

3 Likes

Is Zaha fit for this?

I am expecting another home gubbing, we are pretty toothless and I imagine most teams relish coming to St Marys now. I reckon 0-3 or if I am being optimistic 1-3.

1 Like

Mind you - if we play a hugely tall centre forward who knows where the goal is, and utilise a few players to give him service and high accurate crosses to jump at, perhaps some teams would be a little worried.
Sadly, that isn’t going to happen, so we’ll lose I suspect.

2 Likes

I think we will be lucky to get Nil

2 Likes

Bunch of eejits We will hump this Palarse side by at least 3 goals.
I can feel it in my water.

Urinary tract infection?

1 Like

I will be gracing St Mary’s with my presence. it’s a long time since that ended well. Just sayin’. You have been warned.

1 Like

We are fucked.

Sutton and somebody else do not predict a defeat.

We are doomed.

Southampton v Crystal Palace

This is quite a tricky one to call, because it is a must-win game for Southampton - they are that stage now where they are getting desperate.

Snapshot of the bottom of the Premier League table: 15th Bournemouth, 16th Leeds, 17th Everton, 18th Nottingham Forest, 19th Leicester & 20th Southampton

Palace are 12th, with 33 points from 30 games

Crystal Palace, in contrast, have turned a corner with two wins out of two under Roy Hodgson and have put a bit of distance between themselves and the bottom three.

I’m not taking anything away from Roy, who I think is a brilliant coach and has made an instant impact, but I suspect they would have been absolutely fine if Patrick Vieira had remained in charge.

I was mocked for my relegation ‘worryometer’ when I spoke about it on 5 live, but I was never really concerned about Palace going down, just because they were about to start this run of playing all the teams below them.

They beat Leicester late on and ended up running away with things in the second half against Leeds last week. That was a very strange game because Leeds had started it so well and Palace normally don’t score five goals in a month - but they managed that in just over 45 minutes at Elland Road.

Three wins out of three would be an absolute dream start for Roy but because Saints are so desperate for a victory I can see this one ending up in a draw. It could get a bit nervy at St Mary’s Stadium towards the end because Southampton really cannot afford to lose this one.

Sutton’s prediction: 1-1

Jack’s prediction: I was there when Matthew Le Tissier scored the last-ever goal at The Dell and I still keep an eye on them now. I’m not old enough to remember the wonder goals he scored earlier in his career but I love watching them on YouTube - it’s like he was on a different planet to everyone else. Saints are struggling for goals at the moment but I am going to go for something a bit special happening here. I wasn’t sure whether to go with my heart or my head but I think it’s obvious which one won out when you see the score I have gone for. 3-2

Adams and Salisu still unavailable