Saints v. Chelsea Build Up & Match Thread

I received my ticket for the Hapoel game on 8th December yesterday. Shouldn’t they have sent the Milan ticket first?

Has this happened to anyone else?

I hate that Will i am cunt. He is such a cocky twat and looks like an extra in The Jackson 5. Hope he isn’t playing as he will most definitely score just to piss me off.

nervous about this one - could go either way

SOUTHAMPTON TEAM NEWS

Team to play Chelsea: Forster, Fonte, Van Dijk, Martina, Bertrand, Clasie, Davis, Romeu, Tadic, Redmond, Austin.

Subs: Taylor, Yoshida, Ward-Prowse, Boufal, Hojberg, Olomola, McQueen

5 Likes

CHELSEA TEAM NEWS

Team to play Southampton: Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill; Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro, Diego Costa, Hazard

Subs: Begovic, Ivanovic, Terry, Chalobah, Oscar, Willian, Batshuayi

1 Like

Shit everton 2 up. Wanted us to get closer to them today. My hate team for the season for obvious reasons

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

The teams are in!

Here’s how #SaintsFC line up for today’s game against #CFC:

Retweets: 156

Favourites: 94

…extortionately introduced by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Olomola is on the bench, McQueen replaced by Bernard and Boufal & Hojbjerg are still only benchers.

Looks strong to me.

Bertrand back is excellent.

Weird that l feel like Bletch today, no where near the ground. Have resisted dressing like a Dandy though as its only temporary for me

1 Like

Stuart Taylor on the bench…

1 Like

Good spot Mullet - injury?

Can’t believe that Pedro is realising himself up the right hand side of the pitch, after only 1 minute of the game.

ffs poor defending

Hazard all but telegraphed that.

2 Likes

Unbelievably bad

Got to get tighter to a player like Hazard, he was and is the key player for me.

Apart from the goal, we again are the better team.

1 Like

Not sure you can really get tight on Hazard, but you certainly shouldn’t ignore him. Doubling up when he’s wide is the only thing you can try.

Bossed possession but we’re going to struggle to breakdown that Chelsea formation.

They are working very hard so perhaps Boufal on 75 minutes is going to be the answer.

2 Likes

We’re playing well but Chelsea are letting us be the better team here. Their job is done.

Redmond’s been anonymous. Sub for Boufal please.

1 Like

Need to get Redmond on the ball more and get him running at them. Then if it does not work make the change around 60/65 minutes. Then let Boufal runnat them.

I’m sorry, but that was an amazing bit of defending. No doubt Fonte meant to do that. Fantastic. But played down by the commentators!

1 Like