:saints: Saints v Burnley :burnleyfc: (PL)

I did say probably.

One could say you caveated it with probably :laughing:

Iā€™ve just run that through ā€œGoogle Translateā€ and all itā€™s come up with is ā€œBollocksā€

2 Likes

Southampton v Burnley (Sunday 1.30pm)

Iā€™m going to go with Southampton here. Burnley have got a lot of injuries, and theyā€™re playing on Thursday.

I think travelling to Turkey and coming back to play away from home at St Maryā€™s will be tough and after last seasonā€™s struggles, I fancy Mark Hughes to get his players up for this one. Itā€™s important they make a winning start.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-1 (8/1 with Sky Bet)

Is Lawro on holiday and someone is ghost writing his predictions?

Well Iā€™m pretty excited for this one!

Could be new season optimism or blind faith but I think we will have a better season than most have us down for.

:lou_sunglasses: :saints:

2 Likes

Feeling a bit Meh about the season as a wholeā€¦ a fairly uninspiring transfer seasonā€¦ the usual depression of losing a top player is absent, however this just serves as a reminder we donā€™t have any left. No youngster coming through from out ā€˜famedā€™ academy and a manger who reminds me of an aging 80s shitty pop stay who I canā€™t quite put my finger on and who managed Stoke to the point where even their fans were numbed when they finished top halfā€¦

Someone please give me something positive to grab hold of

Itā€™s just about early enough to watch in oz without being too late for work, thus getting fired. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m excited, didnā€™t bother with most of last season, but hardly think Iā€™m an exception there. Hope ings gets on.

I canā€™t think that Ings will stay on the bench against his old club.

I canā€™t wait to see him not celebrating his 1st goal for us.

1 Like

4-1 Saints, we will come out all guns blazing and crush them :lou_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Burnley played in Turkey last night and drew 0-0. Hereā€™s hoping their flight home was delayed and riddled with turbulence.

http://www.skysports.com/share/11467939

Ings and Cedric available, fully fit squad :muscle:t2:

2 Likes

Interesting to hear Hughes refer to having four strikers now. A simple oversight or a hint towards Gallagher going out on loan again perhaps?

Maybe heā€™s discounting Long, given his goalscoring record?

5 Likes

Yeah, that thought did occur to me. Hughes may regard Long as more a winger than a striker - that would hardly be unreasonable.

Very true. To be fair to Long, his main role in recent years has been to sprint about, harry the opposition and be a general pain in the arse. Hence why he generally gets the nod against the ā€˜topā€™ teams.

I hereby relabel him as an ā€˜advanced defenderā€™.

Order restored.

4 Likes

Assuming we will be playing 3 at the back, my line up for Sunday would be;

McCarthy

Yoshi       Vestergaard     Hoedt    

Cedric                                              Bertrand
                                       Lemina   
                Ward-Prowse                             Elyounoussi

Ings
                                             Austin

Armstrong, Long and Gabbiadini will have to wait.

On my phone all I can see the are 3 players. Thatā€™s bold.

1 Like

Which ones?

Yoshi, Cedric and JWP

Shit line up