:saints: Saints v Burnley :burnleyfc: (PL)

Still think Burnley might nick it. Again.

Possibly, but looking doubtful that theyā€™ll get past Vestergaard and we seem the more likely to score.
Think positive :wink:

1 Like

well at least we did not lose.

Thatā€™ll do.

2 Likes

Given the way we started that Iā€™m delighted with the point.

Change in formation made us much more difficult to breakdown and pass through.

Impressed that Hughes made the change. Brave.

4 Likes

Played well after the change and all the new players look very astute buys.
After a terrible first half that made me dread a repeat of last year, iā€™m pretty optimistic now.

1 Like

Probably the best we could have played considering the relatively carp pre season we have had

1 Like

Where should I be on the Tena scale? Putting the packet away or wearing a double set?

2 Likes

Another slow/ shit start to the half but we improved as it went on. The new chaps look good. Some lovely corners from Mo. Ings looked good.
I think Hughes would have learnt something from that. Disappointing not to win or even score but at least we didnā€™t lose. Plenty of positives in that performance.

5 Likes

Hughes has hopefully learned that, with our personnel, we canā€™t play 5 at the back and score unless we play 2 upfront at the same time and then weā€™ll concede.

Or, put another way. Weā€™ve wasted preseason.

5 Likes

Lost tā€™interweb so couldnā€™t post - but 2nd half totally different game and got better as we went shlong.

I have mild hopes we wonā€™t be too shit this season

Learning lesson: banning smoking in pubs is a good thing (from an ex smoker obvs
)

2 Likes

We were pretty awful in the first half but later in the 2nd we looked a lot more purposefulā€¦ Not sure if that was tactical nouse, Burnley getting a bit tired or a spot of both.

Redmond seemed better than outings from last term, but he still needs to work on his awareness of players in better positionsā€¦

11th as it stands. Would be delighted with that next May!

4 Likes

Been on various trains for the match, so couldnā€™t watch/listen.

How did Vestergaard look?

Only saw the last ten minutes after sleeping off the meds.
What I saw looked alright. From the sound of it, it will be about lessonā€™s learnt. Hopefully Sparky has learnt and will be allowed to implement changes he deems necessary. Iā€™ll take the draw as didnā€™t think we were going to hit the season running. Looking forward to seeing how this team and the tactics develop over the next few games.

1 Like

Very good. Think heā€™ll prove to be a good signing. All of the new boys looked good.

2 Likes

Big unit. Made see-saw look average into

1 Like

Ta.

Thatā€™s promising, especially with the lack of PL experience amongst most of them. Hopefully there can be improvement from them to come.

1 Like

More mobile, faster and better positionally than I thought.
Heā€™s the boss already.

5 Likes

Any news on Armstrong after Chazza took him outm?

Shit mobile signal in the stadium so my I was there picture is a bit late.

2 Likes