:pl: :saints: Saints v Brentford :brentfordfc:

Brentford did not need to get out of 2nd gear. In the end they were like, ‘only a minute left lads, should we get a second? :roll_eyes:

Fully expected.
Fear not, we are so gonna tear Spurs a new one at the weekend because that is the saintly thing

1 Like

Just organised. 1 shot on target at home.cross after cross aimless into the box which Brentford just lapped up. They are so well drilled and organised. We were awful. Lots of the ball but offered very little with it.

The only saving grace is the father in law of the Brentfords director of football refused a 10 quid bet just before kick off so I saved those beer tokens.

1 Like

We do seem to up our game against bigger teams. Shop window isn’t it?

1 Like

Why have we not recalled Tella from his loan? Has to be worth a go surely?

We can’t afford to rest Lavia when the alternative is Diallo. We can’t afford to play Elyounoussi when the opposition have a pulse.

These outcomes happen time and time again. It’s quite simply astonishing how we aren’t cut adrift at this point.

If we were an injured animal we’d have been humanely put down by now.

Utter shite

1 Like

Is it safe to come out from behind the sofa?

Because we can’t now

Che and Adam Armstrong were both banging them in for fun in the Championship, that’s why. I think we’ve established that a prolific Championship scorer isn’t necessarily a prolific Prem one.

1 Like

I’ve had better evenings. Like when I had violent food poisoning, was run over by a lorry and bitten by a rabid dog.

Wrong team. No threat. Brentford disgusting team of cheating wankers. Ref just a wanker.

That is all. Good night.

4 Likes

Yes!!

Next time message in advance

I work v near

1 Like

Poor, that. Same old problem of not good enough to break down a well organised defence. Not enough guile in the squad. The lads worked hard but were outmuscled in midfield, stood up out wide and pressed when they wanted too much time. It was a night for speculative shooting and follow ups, with the conditions. But we had nowt. If we’re as ponderous as that in our remaining games it will be all over before Easter.

2 Likes

I would imagine he would refuse point blank to come. Why on earth would he? I was watching the Burnley game at the weekend in a sports bar in Thailand with a group of Burnley lads, they all adore Tella, who had another great game, scored with a cracking header. This latest hat trick follows on from another a few weeks ago. I suspect he will be playing Prem football with Burnley next season. It was so short sighted letting him go out on loan, especially given our complete lack of goal scorers. He was never really given a chance to prove himself here, he is now showing just what he was always capable of, on Saturday he looked to have the lot, genuine pace, good in the air and clearly a proper goal scoring striker which we desperately need. Serves us right.

1 Like

Was a bit spur of the moment tbf - but will do

(Thought you said you were going to be moving office a while back?)

If any team actually finish below us this season then they really really need a thorough forensic investigation into their whole set up.

1 Like

Well. That was piss poor. Agreed Brentford were well organised defensively but we never looked like having the pace or guile to get through them. Once they were in front of was all too easy to sit back and let us pass the ball around in front of them. That said, they are a nasty, cheating, time-wasting, injury-feigning bunch of wankers. And the ref was very poor. Bought every fake injury, falling down at the faintest touch. The defence was actually quite good but the players we need to be creative, get into scoring positions and actually shoot did none of those things. if KWP is put on Saturday, with AMN aso injured, we’ve got a problem as Bree isn’t up to it. Elyounoussi and Diallo should not have started. Did nothing and we’re a major part of costing us the game. Adams worked hard as usual but zero support. In unpleasant conditions it was a night to shoot from range and look for pickings and quick movement and running at opponents to force turns on the tricky surface, none of which we did. Walcott was actually one of the better players when he came on, but anyone would have been better that Elyounoussi and Diallo.

1 Like

Yes, we did move - but closer to the Rising Sun

Go there sometimes. The landlord is a grumpy fuck but the beers ok