:pl: :saints: Saints v Arsenal :arsenalfc:

I see my 1 - 3 prediction is still very much on :+1::+1:

Great save again

1 Like

Even better on second look, Forster doing well today.

1 Like

Another absolute worldy from Forster, he really is having a blinder.

Anyone would think his contract was nearly up.

Stretch off, Redz on.

Fucksake, our defence are trying their best to give Arsenal a goal, Forster again to the rescue.

While not wanting to belittle Fraser’s heroics, (and he’s been superb in the half hour I’ve seen,) I can’t help wondering if the arse strikers are a bit dazzled by playing straight into the low sun while Fraser has a perfect view. :thinking: But don’t get me wrong, he’s pulled off some absolutely top saves.

Prowsey territory…

What a response after last week, great win!

3 Likes

Well done to myself and @PhilippineSaint

2 Likes

Woohoo!

2 Likes

A really hard fought win that, had to dig deep in the last 30 minutes. Always good to beat the Arsenal. Forster Mom for the second week running, give him a new contract, I struggle to see who we would attract who would be better.

5 Likes

One nil…

… to the Southampton.

We’ve made George Graham proud. Only way we could have made him prouder is firing cash at a player or two.

3 Likes

Seems I did the right thing then

2 Likes

Forster God like. :innocent: Have that!

2 Likes

I thought Bednarek had a great game leading the CB group, and considering how little he has played, Lyanco continues to show real promise.

Moi & Stuey must have covered insane amounts of ground.

Equally, do think JWP is looking stale.

Great result, grinding performance, Spurs supporting BiL wants to buy me lots of beers for that when next back

put my money where my mouth was :grinning: :grinning:

7 Likes

Ralph says we are negotiating a new contract with Fraser. Bloody right.

4 Likes

Best match report of the weekend from Aussie Saints

SAS Match Report v Arsenal

• During the week it was said that Southampton players were already “on the beach.” I’d say that’s a bit unfair. “At the morgue” seems closer to the mark

• Anyway, on to Arsenal and after last week’s debacle Ralph has decided to use his Don’t - Get - Battered formation. Smart move.

• After dominating the opening 15 minutes and with 138% possession Arsenal finally decide to put in a dangerous ball as Saka scores into an empty net from one meter out to make it 1-…WHAT THE HELL?! It’s a 7-foot bearded Simone Biles with one of the best saves you’ll ever see. Still 0-0, somehow.
    Seat 1A to Doha please :airplane:

• With the ground still in shock for the next 20 minutes at what they’ve just seen, Cedric kindly brings us back to reality with two crosses straight out of the ‘hungover bloke playing his last game of Sunday league’ text book.

• As the half draws to a close we get a flurry of corners that all amount to nothing until the Polish Pele latches onto one that thankfully goes into the right net. Quality finish.

• Half time. 1-0.

• Ralph spends the entire break hugging Fraser Forster. Good man management.

• Audible groans are heard around St Mary’s as Cedric is taken off in the 60th minute. Master stroke from Arteta. Game on.

• Arsenal increase their possession rate to 243% in the second half which is ironically the same amount of shots they’ll need to beat Fraser Forster today.

• Shane Long comes on and does Shane Long things

• 1-0. Get in.

11 Likes