:pl: :Saints: Saints v Arsenal :arsenalfc: (Live on :sky_logo:)

Nobody wants to vote in the poll in the OP then?

Sutton on his usual then :-

Southampton v Arsenal (14:00)

Southampton helped to finish off Arsenal’s hopes of making the Champions League places last season when they beat them at St Mary’s in April.

This is a very different Gunners side, though. They should have too much quality up front for Saints to deal with, and they also have more steel if things are not going well.

Arsenal’s mindset in their last win, against Leeds, epitomised that. Yes, maybe they got a break or two, but they also have the belief now that they can get through games even when they don’t play well.

Sutton’s prediction: 0-2

Patrick’s prediction: I read something the other day that said Pep Guardiola is the only manager who is so good he needs to create competition for himself, so he sold all those players to Arsenal. Gabriel Jesus in particular is doing so well, and it is interesting that City let him go there. I think Arsenal keep rolling here, and they are turning into a really good team. 0-3

Blake’s prediction: I am really hoping Arsenal drop some points but it is not going to happen! 0-3

Ok - done - only cos you asked so nicely

I did for the usual Saints to win :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Doubled up with you bro

2 Likes

Likewise. My thinking being that whatever side Ralph puts out it’s going to have to be an unfamiliar/unpredictable one, which might give us a chance of surprising them. He’s being forced to think laterally.

Just as likely to go completely tits up though, tbh :smile::smile:

2 Likes

One or the other. Im for the positive!

2 Likes

I assume he meant Don Hutchison. :unamused::grin:

I suspect we’ll discover which within the first twenty minutes. :joy:

Still think he could play Moi as a right wing back.

Strangely.
I may not have beer during today’s game.
:nauseated_face:

1 Like

Luckily, I’m away all day, so won’t have to keep checking what the score is, or finding out what the weird team selection is.
Finding out that we have lost badly early evening when I get back is so much less stressful than following the game during the afternoon.

1 Like

Have stuff to do so not watching either - probably for the best tbh

Moi at RWB as I predicted.
Che on bench after exertions of Wed

How are we not 0-3 down?

Okay take 10 more minutes
0-1

Where are our midfield?

We only have 1

1 Like