🏉🏆 Rugby World Cup 2019 - Japan 🇯🇵

It’s a joke if the Scotland fans get called off, absolute joke.

Especially by Hurricane Haggis

1 Like

Why would it be a joke?? Surely human lives are more important than 30+ grown men throwing a dead animal around?

2 Likes

To organise rugby’s largest event in typhoon season, trying to expand the game is one thing but it fucking up the tournament is quite another.

Madness indeed. Like trying to play cricket in a country where it rains all the time.

3 Likes

Where was the World Cup impeded this year?

No idea, don’t watch it, but i’d guess rain stopped it at least once.
Did it?

Yes but it didn’t mean a team could lose their place in the competition.

Yeah that’s shit.
Could that have happened in the cricket if it had rained for longer? You know, potentially.

Well potentially of course, but it was the summer at our optimum time to play cricket, they risked it in the typhoon season, that is the difference.

Fair distinction, but would you be okay with the competition being moved to a more seasonably friendly time, so it could still go to Japan?
Like Qatar getting the football, which i’m personally in favour of(not them, just the general idea).

Of course, my objection is the timing.

A competition that moves timing(seasons) to be a true world sport is a worthy aspiration and surely good for any sport(long term).
For once we’re in agreement.

1 Like

Yep, just like Foitball have done for 2022…

That’s a weird one, but the indignation from the west was funny as fuck. Basically they played our corrupt game with higher stakes and we sulked.
All the articles that appeared about slave labour, from people with holiday homes in Dubai. Did they never wonder how that place was built?

First goodness sake, some perspective Scotland please

The bonus-point victory takes the already-qualified Wallabies top of Pool D, although they will be overtaken by Wales if Warren Gatland’s side avoid defeat by Uruguay on Sunday.

That would confirm a quarter-final meeting on 19 October with England, who will finish top of Pool C after their final group game against France was called off because of the extreme weather forecasted on Saturday.

Miller, 46, arrived in Japan a week ago and was due to return to London on Sunday, but has switched his flight to Saturday “to escape before the typhoon hits”.

“We’ve had an amazing time,” he said. "I’ve never been somewhere as welcoming and the tournament is really well organised.

"I’ve seen a bunch of people already ranting about the cancellations. I suspect they don’t fully get the reality of a typhoon.

“Of course it’s spoilt the experience to an extent, but it’s not like we can change anything.”

I’ve highlighted the pertinent bit in bold

2 of the Dubai Saints krew made it to Japan on corporate gigs.
One is annoyed to miss the game one hasnt been heard of since entering one of those all inclusive Japanese Bars…
Mr Annoyed is more so because his flight out of Osaka was cancelled and he is having a mare trying to find a replacement flight.
He has free beers so wouldn’t have seen much rugby anyway