๐Ÿ‰๐Ÿ† Rugby World Cup 2019 - Japan ๐Ÿ‡ฏ๐Ÿ‡ต

So, I know not a lot on here are egg chasers but we have another chance at #sportingjongoism over the next month or so.

Not sure who the favourites are but I suspect that New Zealand will be, here we goโ€ฆ

Team Tournament odds
New Zealand 11/8
South Africa 4/1
England 9/2
Ireland 9/1
Wales 10/1
Australia 14/1
France 33/1
Argentina 50/1
Scotland 66/1
Japan 150/1

As the competition is in Japan most matches start early morning (GMT), probably better suited for @PhilippineSaint to watch.

So, who are you cheering on??

I may be in the better time zone but due to a fucking idiot in the office in KL they will not pay the 100 odd dollars it cost to get our subscription to the channel upgraded so us offshore workers can watch it.

England New Zealand Wales and Ireland in the semis

1 Like

This could go in the cheerful nice stories thread but itโ€™s more related to #sportingjingoistic nutters

1 Like

Oh how the rest of the world will be laughing a this, the England players are mediocre at best, they wouldnโ€™t get into any of the other teamsโ€ฆ#sportingjingoism

https://twitter.com/DrewMerson/status/1172881823686373376

1 Like

The Russians score the first try and conversion at the world cup and lead the hosts 0-7 after 10 mins

Japan 12 -7 Russia

Half time

Japan run out comfortable winners 30-10โ€ฆ

Meh.

Now, it WAS incredible when Beckham scored the penalty to beat Argentina there in 2002, then came straight over to me & my mate in amongst the Argie fans and gave it large in front of our old Dubai Saints Flag.
That was a once in a lifetime moment.

POOL A
Ireland 27 Scotland 3
FT
POOL B
Italy 47 Namibia 22
FT

1 Like

England taking on Tonga at the moment 0-0

Ah, England v Tonga.
#memories

Paris 2007

Back when I was King of the Blag & got a couple of corporate packages from Emirates.

Enjoying the game, Ref is having a blinder, England (currently) nicely controlled

England run out comfortable winners 35-3

1 Like

Russia playing Samoa

Strewn with errors but the Samoans have just got a try.

Russia 9 Samoa 34 FT
Fiji 27 Uruguay 30 FT

1 Like

So today, if anyone is interested :-

:engerland: England ran in 7 tries against :us: USA to win 45-7

and :it: Italy beat lowly :canada: Canada by 48-7, only 6 tries thoughโ€ฆ

2 Likes

The redneck we have onboard agreed to a 50 rm bet on the outcome of the England USA game and 20 mins later after looking up rugby and USA on the internet came back with you should give me odds of 6-1.
will collect the easiest money I will earn this trip in the morning.

2 Likes

shock of the tournament so far
Japan 19 - 12 Ireland FT

It appears the Japanese had the crowd as the 16th 17th and 18th men

1 Like

Earlier Argentina beat Tonga 28 - 12
and at the moment
South Africa are beating Namibia 57-3 with about 12 mins left.