🏉🏆 Rugby World Cup 2019 - Japan 🇯🇵

Bloody awful game. Crowd will be getting stiff necks - Rugby “The old Crazy Gang Wimbledon Way”.

Yes obviously it is a tactic, yes you only need one clean take or mistake with this but just not the same intensity as yesterday .

9-9 wales equalise with another penalty

Its not good i admit that and getting worse by the attempted kicking and fumbles

SA try but still not improving

9-16 SA
Fucking usless server

Welsh respond with try

16-16

16-19. 4 mins left. Wales going out as it stands.

Game set and match to SA

Wales lose. Shame.

Gripping game but low on quality and invention.

Disappointed, but fair result. At least we didn’t lose by a football margin.

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/status/1188413512391036929?s=19

The All Blacks bow before the one true God

Nicked from FB

3 Likes

Get IN!!

I’d spent the day in a steaming fugue, haviing believed the Final was on Sunday thanks to some twonk on Twitter.

An issue as I have to deliver the Daughter & Grandson to the Airport for a 12:15PM flight (ie I woud miss the game which kicks off here at 10:00am)

Sso we can now watch it on Saturday before taking little 'un sightseeing.

As you were.

Rugby World Cup final: England’s Billy Vunipola welcomes Springbok challenge -

New Zealand V Wales
Kiwis 14-0 up at 15 mins

“On this Day” in 2003 I was sitting in Darling Harbour eating an amazing seafood platter after having landed at 6am after 2 overnight flights from Dubai.
What struck me then were the sheer numbers of England fans and the confidence.
No arrogance, just the confidence that SCW had done everything in the book to prepare the team and that we were also ready.
That night ended at sunrise in some club in Kings Cross after an unforgettable moment in a strip bar where fan’s hairy chest had been massaged with oil and then poof- ignited leaving himscreaming"what will I tell my Fiance followed by sunrise on some club
We slept most of the day venturing for a Steak dinner late afternoon and a train to the stadium.
The fanzone was rammed, beer queues intolerable so we drank cans of Bunderburg& Coke.
Game time game. What a sight outnumbering & outsinging the locals.
The moment when we out sang them within snagged Matilda will never be forgotten & still gives me goosebumps.
The match itself trips to the loo and the bar, quiet but tense confidence.
But those last seconds. Working onto range for Johny seeing the ball come out, we knew. It was in slow motion, the beer was flying. We knew.
We were right behind the ball flight, it took hours, we could see we knew.
The screams started somewhere so deep, still we knew.
Then it was limbs. Kissing All Black fans, hairy arsed ex props. Oh my God we had SEEN it.
It was insane. Where did the beers come from?
The presentation.
The train ride giving it large to Aussjies.
Finding a Chinese restaurant Swing Low, queueing for a nightclub.
VA Bitterwith Vodka Red Bull shots. Fancy Dress. Spiderman on the ceiling. A blow job from an inflatable Kangsroo.
A Conga line out onto the harbour. Sky News cameras going back into the club, hugging & kissing the guy who’d been behind me in the Conga.
Asking myself “I didn’t think he was Gay”. My Mum recording it and texting me how proud she was to see me kiss him on the News.
I pray those going tomorrow get such memories. Not sure Meghan will be so keen on Harry snogging random Saints fans these days though.

God Speed Eddie Jones and the guys. Make new memories tomorrow

2 Likes

An England team captained by Eoin won a World Cup.
Tomorrow an England team captained by Owen will try to win a World Cup

1 Like

On this day in 2003 i was sitting in an Australian run sports bar in Thailand. Me, my oldest mate, a scouser i was at sea with back in the late 70s early 80s, who i had met up with again 20 years later. Me, him, and a bar rammed with Australians. All very cocky, rightly so as they were hot favourites. Us two, sat on our stools in the corner of the bar, keeping our heads down. Man, when Jonny’s drop goal went over, we just couldn’t help ourselves, we erupted. Fuck em. They were so stunned, they didn’t even notice us two hugging, dancing and screaming. When the dust settled they were very gracious to be fair. What memories.

2 Likes

Please please don’t fuck this up. I have several hundred pounds riding on it with various Saffers.

2 Likes