🏎 Romain Grosjean - Lucky lucky driver

I know not a lot on here are F1 fans but you need to see the replay of Romain Grosjean’s crash on the first lap.

He is one very lucky person and shows testament to the safety design of the modern cars…

Basically he t-boned the crash barrier and his car got ripped in half and instantly exploded. He walked out with slight burns to his legs…

1 Like

Looks like the monocoque actually went through the crash barrier, the Halo device obviosuly saved him from being decapitated…the back and of the car was left on race track side of the barrier.

He’s gone to hospital wisth suspected broken ribs and burns to his hands and feet…

Was watching it live on my other tv and it certainly looked bad unusual for F1 cars to explode like that looked like when Laudas car went up.

That car was utterly destroyed there are little bits all over the place

1 Like

However the monocoque (saftey cell) and gearbox/engine are still intact…

1 Like
1 Like

1 Like

Unbelievable that some one can walk away from that

1 Like

They’re saying now that they don’t think the fuel tank ruptured, the think it was fuel line with only about 2-3 litres of fuel in it that went up…

4 days to rebuild that bad boy

Some mechanics are not going to get much rest

1 Like

They are getting ready to restart the race.

And now, on the restart, Lance Stroll ends up upside down in his car…

1 Like
1 Like

Unbelievable brilliant work by Marshals & medical team

With all due respect
2-3 litres doesn’t turn a car into this

1 Like

Stroll ing rolling rolling

:man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

don’t know about that but boy was Romain lucky. A horrendous scene which in all my years I had never witnessed before.

1 Like
1 Like

He’s going have SOME nightmares. :unamused: