Rio Olympics 2016

A big congratulations to Adam Peaty (beating his own world record again) for winning gold for GB in the 100m breaststroke.

Jazz Carlin winning silver in the 400m freestyle.

4 Likes

He never really stood a hope of getting through to the final but was beaten in a thrilling bronze medal fight off by a Ruski (who probably shouldnā€™t even be there ::grrrr::slight_smile: meant he came in the most invidious position - 4th :frowning:

ah well, keep an eye on the team foil - our lads stand a moderate chance.

My next door neighbour was actually putting up fencing while the fencing was on the TV - I could have watched live fencing, which looked about as interesting, but easier to understand.

Odd but true.

7 Likes

You were lucky RB.

I tuned in to watch the fencing and had THIS to contend with - some geniusā€™s idea of how to put International Language coverage onto one channel down here

I only wanted to watch the fencing Ho hum ā€œinternational coverageā€

1 Like

Have we won the Olympics yet?

Only asking so that I know the minimal amount of interest I need to show - so I can devote 90mins to a proper sport at the weekend unopposed by Mrs C_Sā€¦

Yes, weā€™re three up with ten overs to swim.

1 Like

I need,a couple of fencing panels put up. Do you think that Kruse bloke would be interested, given heā€™s got no fencing work for the rest of this summer?

Iā€™ll get me coatā€¦

He can fence my garden anytime #dropdeadgorgeous

3 Likes

Upvoted for the peculiar & faintly disturbing innuendo

2 Likes

Iā€™m watching the 3 day eventing event (only because my granddaughter is with me and sheā€™s just started horse riding) and lo and behold one of the horses is trained by our Micky C!!!

2 Likes

The horse is Running for his Blood and competing for Brazil

Looking forward to the womenā€™s 7s tonight - a real chance of a medal.

If ever you feel unneeded at work, remember someone is a lifeguard for the Olympic swimming eventsā€¦

Lol.

Thatā€™s as pointless as starting a thread where you promise to answer peopleā€™s questions, but subsequently ignore it.

BTW I think Philip from Dubai made the lifeguard joke earlier.

Other than that, as you were, MLG.

You know, fencers have hardly ever heard anyone make that kind of quip. You, sir, must be a comedy genius. :lou_eyes_to_sky:

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Lol.

Thatā€™s as pointless as starting a thread where you promise to answer peopleā€™s questions, but subsequently ignore it.

Iā€™ve answered every question in that thread.

Oh I donā€™t know. Remember Eddie the Eel? He almost didnā€™t make it.

This diving business.

Get in the hot tub, jump in the pool, get in the hot tub, jump in the pool. Sounds like a holiday to me.

We noticed that The Polish Cycling Team didnā€™t appear to have Matching Helmets!!!

LOLZ

2 Likes

Thereā€™s live footage from some gay spa going on at the momentā€¦

1 Like