Rio Olympics 2016

That was definitely the sporting highlight of the evening!

1 Like

The sheer emotion on their faces was amazing. I love sport for this reason, fantastic.

1 Like

Yeah, all of that - and the fact that they wear short skirts.

3 Likes

Skelton wins Equestrian Gold, aged 58 ā€“ thereā€™s hope for me yet!

Note to self - ask Bletch to return my jodhpurs and riding crop.

8 Likes

Bolt - the greatest up track and field athlete ever. The triple triple.

3 Likes

Itā€™s amazing to run in three relay teams where everyone passes doping.

Iā€™d like to think his record and legacy will still be intact in ten years.

If you want to be mentally scarred for eternity and haunted every single day by a life-changing failure, try losing a taekwondo Olympic gold that was already yours, but ripped away from you with one second left on the clock. :astonished:

If he comes back from that to win the title in Tokyo it will be one of the greatest comebacks of all time.

I stayed up for that! My thoughts were that the loss will make or break Mohammad. He seems quite determined but quite cheerful. I expect in four years time, after going through a Rocky style re-invention, he will return a cold eyed, humourless winning machine. The bout was suspended on 1 seconds I think and the re-start was supposedly a formality, but the other guy managed to get the vital kick in in that one second.

I fear it may have broken him.

When he says that he nearly gave up because training for four years was so tough, it will take a very special character to pick himself up and go for another four years.

Anyway, someone from a non-competitive school needs to tell him that itā€™s the taking part that countsā€¦

Tell someone who blew a gold medal in the final second and can land a kick on your head at will, that it is the taking part that counts??? Hmmmā€¦you are on your own with that one rallyboy

4 Likes

Yes, on reflection my mentioning of non-competitive sport and the joy of just taking part sounds like it could even in some circles pass for sarcasm.

2 Likes

Anyway, didnā€™t realise how many other Tae Kwondo chances weā€™ve got. I have to say as a spectator sport at this level itā€™s quite tedious, but I gather itā€™s quite a lot of fun as a participant sport. In the Olympics, itā€™s basically shin kicking.

1 Like

Originally posted by @anal1

Anyway, didnā€™t realise how many other Tae Kwondo chances weā€™ve got. I have to say as a spectator sport at this level itā€™s quite tedious, but I gather itā€™s quite a lot of fun as a participant sport. In the Olympics, itā€™s basically shin kicking.

Reminds me of that joke about the ā€˜gameā€™ where you take it in turns to kickeach other in the bollocks as hard as possible until one person gicves upā€¦ needless to say there is a huge advantage to going firstā€¦

Was watching that Rhythmic Gymnastics earlier, just girls playing with ballsā€¦

Nobody watching Brazl Germany? Have to admire Neymar, getting the shit kicked out of him. Smegbender hits the bar

Yep watching itā€¦ but canā€™t stand Neymarā€¦ little cuntā€¦ and the Brasil love in when the Germans Playing betterā€¦3 times hitting woodwork so far.

I hear Tom Daley had a semi today but it didnā€™t lead to anything.

1 Like

Germans should have had a pen reallyā€¦ bit of a Brasil love inā€¦why? All those tear following the 7-1ā€¦ :lou_facepalm_2:

Iā€™m considering trying to stay awake for the 5000m final, but might fall asleep :laughing:

2 Likes

I will just be getting out of bed for it after a nights kip :lou_lol: