Rio Olympics 2016

Fucking Rugby.

Now, if football was in the Olympics it would be a different matter.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Sfcsim

Baby oil?

Reminds me of my first girlfriend. It didnā€™t end well.

As long as it was a happy ending

Ouch!!!

What, the baby bit, or the oil bit?

Donā€™t feel like you NEED to answer that - Iā€™d take the 5th if I were you.

1 Like

I believe the common term for frenulum is ā€˜banjo stringā€™.

1 Like

There was blood, sweat and tears. Not necessarily in that order.

Moving onā€¦fuck me, those cycling blokes are charismatic.

2 Likes

As an aside, I am most definitely pro BBC but how many staff have they got out there?

Edit: turns out itā€™s 455 (one fifth the amount that NBC are sending!)

So Steve Parry says the reason that the swimming finals are on so late is to accommodate some fat fuck in butt fuck Alabama and fuck the rest of the world

I must have missed the ā€˜butt fuck Alabamaā€™ bit. Maybe it was the scouse accent.

3 Likes

Not only can you win Gold in gazillion different events as a swimmer, they have now started to give out two golds per race

Morning chaps.

Get serious time. You are now an official IRB feedback sample. ie fans of team sports that had not previously been bothered by 7s.

They are doing a global post mortem for ideas feedback & opinions that they could put into their regular tournaments to make it better TV & spectator experience.

So one to 10 lines on what you thought of the 7s did you enjoy should it stay in Olympics? opinions coverage anything. (Promise I wonā€™t do it for golf - they donā€™t give me enough free beer)

It was fine but GB should be allowed 4 teams in one for each home nation, Sod this we all get on with each other lark.

2 Likes

Depends what is more important in the mind of the players - the world cup or the Olympic Gold

If it is the former then dump it, if the latter then keep it

As this is an official IRB feeback sample, I want to take this seriously.

And as you are obviously now an official IRB sampler, I want our feedback to make you look good in front of your ā€˜bossesā€™.

So hereā€™s one line for you Philip.

I liked the ruby 7s at the limpicks and I think the ruby 7s should stay at the limpicks because it was good and it was interesting and it was exciting even though I donā€™t normally like peanut chasing because I feel it is just an excuse for grown men to put their heads intimately close to the genitals of another man but because the scrums donā€™t last long in 7s I feel less like a voyeur when Iā€™m watching it and I especially like the high-scoring nature of the game it reminds me of 20/20 when it first came out and people just wanted to score runs but then they decided to try to make that more boring by bowling cleverly and even that now becomes a chore to watch sometimes so I think you should take a leaf out of book of the 20/20 cricket organisers by ignoring the things the 20/20 cricket organisers wrote in their book where they have tried to bore-it-up and sex-it-down and so donā€™t do things that make it interesting only to purists but keep it based on attacking and scoring so thickos like me and x-factor fans can enjoy it too things that will make the game more accessible to thickos include teams beeing rewarded more for scoring in 7s say 10 points might be a good idea for scoring a trying but having saId that I also didnā€™t like the way that if a team scores two tryings in 7s then the other team were pretty fucked as they only had a short time in the half to claw back the deficit so if they were three tryings to zero down at any point the game might as well have been over but I might also be moaning because Fiji were dicking England at the time and the other thing I donā€™t like about grown-up peanut chasing is that the rules are totally inscrutable to anyone but the umpire and it seems that because nobody really understands the rules then the umpire can make it up as he/she goes along and when I watch the real ruby peanut chasing with 20-a-side it looks like the umpires do make things up as they go along like mucks and rolls and mauling rolls and being off the ground when youā€™re plainly on the ground so to the untrained eyes like mine it looks like the game goes from unbridled violence to saying sorry by cuddling every 2-3 minutes so in 7s donā€™t use those complicated laws just use the ones that are obvious to most people or mic-up the umpire and get him to explain WTF heā€™s just done and why but donā€™t change too much because it does seem to just work good job.

2 Likes

Originally posted by @Dubai_Phil

Oh Dear Lord.

Olympic Broadcast Service is ā€œThe Host Providerā€ who feed the images to your local Stations around the world.

It also means they provide the Commentators who seem to be exclusively Antipodean.

You wouldnā€™t be moaning if this guy was commentating!!

https://www.facebook.com/ozzymanreviews/videos/1117063044996228/

For Phil -

I thought the 7s was a welcome addition to the Olympics.

A simplified form of the game that retains enough aspects of international rugby to demonstrate the sportā€™s technical skills and tactics, but in a slick format that is both easy to understand for the occasional spectator and traditional enough to please the purist.

It has pace, sublety, power, and a contest can change in an instant, making it a TV-friendly sport that should go from strength to strength under the Olympic banner.

Whereas golf is just dull old men in bright trousers wandering around a field, accompanied by a carer wearing a smock. :smile:

5 Likes

LOL ā€¦ was that written by that over entusiastic, but slightly mental ā€œkidā€ who used to post on TSW. The same lack of punctuation used to lead you to the point of fainting due to lack of oxygen, if you tried reading any of his sentences without pausing where there should have been a comma or fullstop!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes