šŸ•¹ Red Dead Redemption 2

Ever wonder if you are building yourself up for disappointment?
Single play will be pathetically small. Itā€™s all been online play for years(itā€™s very profitable).

1 Like

It has for Rockstar sure, the map certainly wonā€™t be pathetically small I can assure you that.

Just saying that online is their market now, so the single player modes content normally suffers. Seen it happen with lots of games. On the plus side, the game lasts for years(I still sometimes go online on battlefield 4, after god knows how many years and thereā€™s still a huge selection of servers).

1 Like

Everything Iā€™ve seen and read, and the whispers Iā€™ve heard from people closer to it, say this is absolutely not the case.

Hope you are right, but i havenā€™t seen a game yet that has gone big on online content and not diminished single player content, compared to pre online. Admittedly I donā€™t buy a huge amount of games, so maybe not true across the board.

What is this to you? (that sounds pointed, itā€™s not.)

I reckon itā€™ll easily be 50 - 60 hours worth of play. The game world is huge, the amount of wild life in the game is insane (200 species, more than Far Cry 3, Far Cry 4, Far Cry 5, Red Dead Redemption, and Grand Theft Auto V combined).

Even GTA V, which seems to be your gripe, had a massive single player mode. Granted, the story was probably one of the weakest in the series, but I donā€™t really think it was affected by the online (which came later iirc).

I do get your point, there is often a focus on Online (I do get why, it makes sense from a business/development stand) to the detriment of single player. And I do share that frustration, as Iā€™m not really an online player. My dalliance with Fortnite was very brief. But I really donā€™t think that will be the case here.

Am curious to see what they do with their online, the co-op stuff in the original was interesting, but perhaps not quite fully realised. Iā€™m really intrigued to see if they include a Battle Royale mode at some point. Thatā€™s a trend that doesnā€™t seem to be going anywhere fast - what with games like COD even adding BR modes now. Granted, Iā€™ll still probably barely touch it.

Need to get Zelda finished first :man_facepalming:

50-60 hours is very good. No complaints if thatā€™s the case. Battlefield(was my main game) destroyed single player(about 4 hours) and seen similar in others and put it down to the DLC market.
Never played GTA(any,), so no, thatā€™s not what iā€™m aiming at. It could be that i like first person shooters and they seem to be about online only now and online demands your time(canā€™t pause), so i donā€™t play much anymore.
Cheers for your little write up, itā€™s doubled my chances of buying it.

1 Like

Seems fair. Never really been a big Battlefield or FPS person myself, theyā€™ve never really been my thing (plus Iā€™m crap at them), but I have certainly seen that trend. Apologies for the misinterpretation re: GTA, I still think RDR2 will have a substantial single player campaign though. I may be wrong, but from what I can tell, it still seems like a traditional single-player game with bolted on multiplayer.

Eeek! Maybe wait for release, and read some reviews or find out some more details on it. You should be able to find out a rough idea of how much content there is, and probably swerve some of those pesky release bugs! I wouldnā€™t want you to base it solely on me!

Donā€™t worry, i only said doubled, so iā€™m going to see what people on here and general reviews say before i decide.

1 Like

He talks utter bollocks, it may not be the biggest map no just cause 3 but itā€™ll be bigger than GTA and itā€™ll have so so much to do in it and thats the key.

1 Like

Is that the one with the Soviet on the front? Stands to reasonā€¦

Watched it about 5 times since yesterday, looking ar buying an XBox just for the new Forsa, anyone got it today? Looks amazing.

Not me. Iā€™ve been pickling onions.
You wonā€™t be able to eat this game when we hit brexitmageddon.

3 Likes