:real: Real Madrid youngster

What happened to that young real Madrid player that we were rumoured to be signing. I think we were linked last season.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Upsidedownsaint!

I don’t know the rumour you’re talking about. You got any more details?

Welcome @Upsidedownsaint

Are you thinking about Martin Ottengatd(?)

Welcome aboard @Upsidedownsaint
If it’sMartin Ødegaard you mean, he’s at Real Sociedad and would have been a wonderful signing. Alas, we’ll have to look elsewhere :frowning:

1 Like

No this guy was only 16 I think. Was in real Madrid youth teams and apparently decided to sign for us. It was mentioned on saintsweb last year. I’m afraid that is all I can recollect

It’s ok. Just like in Gotham City when they need answers, we shine the Matt Symbol at the nights sky.

300px-Batipito

@Matthew-Le-God, who is the Real Madrid youngster that @Upsidedownsaint is referring to?

1 Like

I’ve found it. His name is Pedro lubamba. https://readsouthampton.com/2018/07/07/southampton-reportedly-looking-to-sign-real-youngster-pedro-paulo-lubamba/

1 Like

It appears he went to benfica instead

Who seem to produce really good young players for the really big clubs.

Will be interesting to see if he is a name we hear in the future. A lot of 15 year olds fall by the wayside - and also interesting (but not surprising) that he didn’t make the grade at Real.

Some of us are old enough to remember when Jack Stephen’s was worth all our spare cash…

1 Like

Welcome upsidedownsaint. Are you down under or a vampire?

Hey goatboy I am indeed down under

3 Likes

We’ve got a few of your ilk on here.

Next question…

Who are you supporting in the ashes (we have Saints fans who support Australia here - don’t we @OzSaintDave)?

Sacrilege. England only. Nothing better than rubbing in an England win. They go surprisingly quiet

4 Likes

The name gives away eh?
Want to see a simple game between bat and ball :wink:

1 Like

who could forget the great ashes series in the summer of '84?

2 Likes

Burn em! Remember, no one’s on fire :rofl::rofl: