⚽ :pl: Project Big Picture - The Restructuring of English Football

While this has clearly been discussed for some years, this is absolutely key - the Timing.

First the Government demands the EPL support the EFL clubs
Then PPV
Then the Government responds with incredulity
Then this comes out.

Game on

1 Like
2 Likes

How was the head yesterday morning Bazza?

Ok, not too bad, sore yesterday morning mind.

At the least they have some dignity and respect of other clubs, when will our lot say they’re not interesting in helping the “big 6”?
Stooges.

So. A different question.

Hello Martin. We have some big ideas and the business you manage qualify to be a part of that.
You can keep, quiet, publicly Support us or rant and complain.
Obviously. If you don’t support us, we would have to look at the qualification criteria and maybe your team wouldn’t be a part of it.

Basically only an utter moron or Boris shows his hand before a negotiation has even started

If we don’t isolate ourselves from this it’ll be a PR disaster, reform is needed but it can’t be driven by the top two teams and their flunkies passing it through.

1 Like

A cutting but insightful comment- you nailed it :wink:

I’ve got no problem with setting up an 18 team PL.

No problem with EFL getting more money.

I’ve every problem with six clubs and a few others deciding things for all, even if we happen to be one of them.

9 Likes

Its a shithouse scheme, a disgrace that would lead to these big clubs using their spare days to whore themselves around the World.

2 Likes

Which is pretty much how I see it. There’s a good article on this by David Conn in today’s Guardian, linked below. He makes a very similar point; that to simply dismiss this out of hand would be foolish, but that there are certainly parts of it that are unacceptable.

Have your vote on these proposals on the BBC sport site. Each of the main proposals is split out with a chance to say how much you agree or disagree.

1 Like

Interesting that all that have voted (when I did a couple of hours ago) were all vehemently against the proposals… Quelle surprise :roll_eyes:

1 Like

All but the last one, to give 25% of TV revenue to the Football League. That, not surprisingly, has a high approval rating.

3 Likes

Shame no vote on keeping the league cup, but without the top 6 ever again :thinking:

3 Likes

Rick Parry, Liverpool Sec… no sorry, EFL chief Exec. says it’s taken these 2 to come up with a solution. Well here’s mine.

Merge the leagues into one of 4 divisions and share the money out. You could call it something catchy like The Football League

3 Likes

My bad @Fowllyd, I was frothing at the mouth with righteous indignation at all of the other proposal. Forgive me.

2 Likes

1 Like

Brilliance from David Squires yet again.

We only sell one item here: big boy trousers. Big boy trousers for big boy bollocks. Big Premier League alpha bollocks

2 Likes

I think this is a “good thing”

Look, we all know football needs a shake up
Championship needs salary caps/sustainability
FFP restricts clubs with true investment plans.

And now some workable ideas are put there.
Just not the ones Utd & KFC want