Potential new shirt sponsor?

Did someone mention golf?

Yes, it’s an ancient Chinese game with sticks and gutta-percha balls. If you have gutta-percha balls it could be the dawning of a new hobby for you Phil. :lou_lol:

1 Like

Uhm… stuck on tape banner over ‘office’ window… looks like something these guys might do…

Unknown

I think we need a thread just on the CONspiracy theories this opens up :wink:

Hong Kong MSM now run with the who? Story.
Worse, they quote Steve Grant!

Hmmm
Silk road 2 or whatever they call it. Deep water port
https://twitter.com/OffThePitch_com/status/1128232277383761920?s=19

3 Likes

Does this investment mean we’re getting another radio station and a petting zoo?

2 Likes

We want pandas!

3 Likes

I think we could get by with Bletch and a lot of black eye shadow. Close enough. Not sure who’d want to pet him though.

I’d forgotten that you’d seen my white bits.

1 Like

I’ve tried to forget that too. :scream:

2 Likes

Lots of speculative and worried shit going on today fiverweb thread is going to new levels of research & it ties in with other comments I’ve heard from mates but cant post on the grounds I thought them to be delusional paranoia.
Worth digging around the dark recesses of fandom methinks

A non fiverweb link

The last post from ‘Rebel’ seemed more plausible… (I fell dirty now…)

'> Isn’t LD Sports basically Lander Development Sports?

The CEO/MD seems to be the same person as the MD of the marketing agency the club have been using in China to raise awareness of Saints FC in the market.

Looks to me like we were all set for Virgin to continue as the main sponsor but disagreed on the price at the last minute. I am guessing they wanted to pay a lot less - and we couldn’t find another sponsor at short notice. So they have dropped to secondary sponsor (sleeves and women’s team and U23 team) and Gao and Co have created LD Sports to fill the hole.

I expect its also a way of Gao putting money in to the club for player signings and wages without breaking the FFP rules. If he loans or invests money directly doesn’t it have to be for infrastructure?

Will they use LD Sports to promote Saints and try and make money out of football academies and other stuff in China - probably and it may be part of this larger plan for Lander Development that’s been talked about. But primarily I think it was a quick fix to a sponsorship problem

1 Like

I think this is probably why I don’t seem to really bother with speculation, theories and conjecture. I will wait for some facts, and if they aren’t forthcoming I doubt I will care.

2 Likes

Eeek, go shower in Dettol. At least I avoided posting a link or cut & paste :slight_smile:

Not saying it was true, but less drama queen speculation as opposed to doom and gloom speculation :wink:

Yeah for a change some of them posted links to data not their I am right stuff

BTW have we heard from our own Gao ITK expert yet? :lou_wink:

I’ll take your word for it, I don’t go over there so have no basis for comparison :lou_smiley:

It was my first visit in perhaps 3 years…

1 Like

I was bored, waiting for a delayed conf call. I’d visited every other link/bookmark I could think of