:pompey_city: ❓ Portsmouth

Yes, son?

Originally posted by @Ohio-Saint

It’s not a curse word, it is a legitimate word meaning a person who puts his dick in a fish’s hoo-ha.

Skate?

Pompey Supporter?

I briefly lived in Portsmouth. My girlfriend at the time was finishing up at uni there and we wanted to move in together, so I jumped across from Southampton for a couple of years.

Well, it was Southsea actually which does make a world of difference. Southsea’s kind of ashamed of Portsmouth - it’s a liberal, punky sort of district filled with students, surprisingly decent pubs/music venues and a slew of suspiciously cheap (yet tasty) curry houses. Plus the beach is alright.

Portsmouth itself is a proper hole. A grey, incredibly densely-populated city of depravity. I saw a comedian at their Guildhall and he said that he’d been to Gunwharf earlier in the day. He remarked that “It’s quite nice, isn’t it?” followed swiftly by, “It’s like the council saw what it had and decided to start again over there.”

I couldn’t agree more.

Shit, backwards city.

Shit, decrepit stadium.

Shit, fickle fans.

Shit mockney-farmer accent.

However I’d prefer we just forget about them now and cease to observe their existence. That’ll hurt far more than rubbing our current status in their faces.

I would vote your post up ant, but you have admitted to directly funding Jimmy Carr.

It’s a dealbreaker. I didn’t realise we had such mainstreamists on here :wink:

I don’t remember saying that :innocent:

Think the tickets were bought for me and it was quite a few years ago now. One of his first few tours, which were genuinely worth a look. Wouldn’t be seen dead at one of his shows now (or in central Portsmouth for that matter, without a bloody good reason).

Hooray. I found my old rats leaving sinking ship image! I Sotonians’ed it up a bit.

At least stick a star in that word. I know this site allows swear words, but please!

Ah, we’re taking the piss. Plus, I have seen it. One of the Navy mushes M knows is a Pompey fan, and has had an Arsenal shirt on in both recent cup finals. I hear there are a lot of Arsenal shirts in the city. I went to a 40th in Pompey last year, expecting all kinds of inter-city banter. Most were fans of different teams.

1 Like

Not all people in Portsmouth are bad: some are in prison.

2 Likes

I have knowledge of this subject. :laughing:

There was a time when I wasn’t really aware of the rivalry but it grew down there as we became established as a top division team.

I can’t speak for all pompey fans but I can assure Saints fans who never stray the city boundaries that 90% of them despise us with absolute bitter frothing-at-the-mouth drooling hatred.

It’s a bit like England-Scotland where the larger nation can’t be arsed to join in the rivalry.

I never responded in kind…until they came to our ground and abused a dead man in front of his family.

I think it might have changed for a few people that night - the mask dropped and there was the pompey way laid bare, they couldn’t even respect a minute silence.

If you live in Southampton and never see a pompey fan it’s easy to ignore them, but if like me you see them every week and have to put up with made-up stories and lies peddled as truth, it’s difficult to ignore.

I’m told on a regular basis that our administration was exactly the same as theirs, that our fanbase is silent, that we ripped off creditors, that we have no away fans, that we don’t own our own ground, that we give free tickets to asylum seekers to fill the ground, that the club is for sale, that we are massively in debt, that we boo our own players at every match, that our ground is called St Fairies and it’s in Little Delhi, that Markus Liebherr stole from jews in WW2, that Southampton men hid during WWI rather than serve, that the rivalry started with a dock strike where cowardly Southampton men stole work from brave pompey dockers …all of this and more is absolutely standard daily truth in pompey, and believed and repeated by most.

We are of course a little club with a much smaller fanbase than pompey, apparently.

And let’s recall how when we were in financial trouble they loved it so much, it was hilarious, what’s the temperature in Scumland?

Minus ten! Haha. Look at the dirty Scummers down in League One, they are fucked!

My reaction to this barrage of hatred over the last decade has created in me such a dislike of that club that I don’t even grant them the basic courtesy of a captal letter.

And as long as the lies keep flowing, I’ll keep responding. :smile:

9 Likes

Haha, couldn’t have put it any better Rallyboy. :lou_lol:

Absolutely fucking rancid ‘football club’.

When you’ve had to endure any kind of regular interaction with the majority sub-species inhabiting that filthy cesspit of iniquity – the mental scar tissue gradually builds up over a period of time, being forcefully subjected to their ludicrous hate-filled drivel, it kind of rubs off on you. Regular contact with the city and its native specimens stains you. Like when you’ve been sprayed with crowd-control skunk-water at a demonstration, and you can’t get rid of the repulsive odor for days on end.

The layers of scum that permeate the city from its insideous vile atmosphere, somehow seems to get into your skin, and just visiting the area for a matter of hours, can (and often does) leave you feeling unclean for days, despite sandpapering down to the hypodermis.

And besides…

Originally posted by @Goatboy

d face on this?

Look at that poor little face. Have you any idea just how many p*mpey cocks that poor little skate-fishy has had shoved in its innocent flappy little mouth during its short life so far? :lou_sad:

A well placed cruise missile on the bridge into (and out of) the island could help prevent incidents such as this article from happening. The lengths some people are willing to go to, to stay out of that place. It speaks volumes. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I went to Uni there for 4 years. Thought it was a nice enough place. But then I have no interest in football or the rivalry.

In my career as an Insolvency Practitioner, I was instructed to go there to shut something which was described as being run by morons, which had never had any cash and was very unpopular.

Surprisingly, it turned out not to be the city council, or the football club. It was just a musical instrument shop which had rarely had many customers. It mainly sold violins.

Violins. In Portsmouth.

5 Likes

The best bit of Portsmouth is that bit where the M275 rejoins the M27 on the way home. It is the point where you officially leave bandit country.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @Bucks

In my career as an Insolvency Practitioner, I was instructed to go there to shut something which was described as being run by morons, which had never had any cash and was very unpopular.

Surprisingly, it turned out not to be the city council, or the football club. It was just a musical instrument shop which had rarely had many customers. It mainly sold violins.

Violins. In Portsmouth.

Well they are all good at Fiddling

With Fish

With the truth

With brother or sister

1 Like

Don’t get me started - they are quiet at the moment following the excitement of the greatestest team goal ever seen in world football that they scored against Bournemouth in their glorious cup exit, which was for the record both plucky and battling.

2 Likes

Idiots. Now, banjoes on the other hand…

2 Likes

Worked in Havant for 2.5 years with the skates, during our relegation season as well!!! The cup Final bit was ok, but downhill all the way.

nearly 11 years on and I would love to work there now!!

Worked in Havant for 2.5 years with the skates, during our relegation season as well!!! The cup Final bit was ok, but downhill all the way.

nearly 11 years on and I would love to work there now!!

He’s half of fol