:pl: 👩‍⚖️ PL Footballer accused of False imprisonment and rape

The name that has been flying around Twitter looks to have been debunked. The police said that the person was in their 20’s whereas the person named is 19.

Looking at Twitter you could field a starting 11 and a full bench with suggested names…

I only saw 2 names yesterday. One is an ex player who now manages an International team so is clearly not a possibility.

They’d never get in the existing Sex Offender Register XI.

1 Like

The number of false accusations are quite low, sadly also is the number of convictions for sexual assault. Somewhat concerned about the discussion on here which appears to dismiss this very serious subject as women who make things up.
Also is there a better title for this thread?

Not at all. No one is dismissing this as ‘woman made this up’… All accusations need to be rigorously investigated irrespective of who the accused is. No fail. BUt we also live in a society where if the accused is famous, the media frenzy means its impossible to get a fair and just trial if the details are released which can lead to ‘not-guilty verdicts on technicalities as opposed to evidence.

It is in in the interests of the victims of these hideous crimes that the accused are not named until proven guilty. If proven innocent, equally, neither should be named. There is no reason why they should.

Just felt it seemed to be going into the direction of women make false accusations.

How very dare you.

Tigger mentioned that aspect, but I don’t think there’s been much input beyond her brief comment? I mentioned the #MeToo movement because I wondered whether she’d had the Weinstein episode in mind, considering the numbers involved.

Is that better? If not you can change it as well, you have the power!!

thanks a bit better.

1 Like

Like the new title and if he is convicted I hope he is castrated

2 Likes

Castration is probably unlikely, but I think you’ll find he might be very popular on B-Wing :heart_eyes:

But he will, even if he is actually jailed, get out. I stand by castration. Any man that rapes a woman should be castrated and I do not care how unpopular that opinion is. Rape is pretty much the worst thing that can happen to a female and the punishment should fit the crime. ‘gets off soap box’

Would you go for surgical castration that is pretty painless and leaves no scarring or would you prefer the use of a blunt, rusty knife and the dangers thereof?

BTW I absolutely agree with you…

1 Like
2 Likes

Blunt rusty knife every time

1 Like

Corrected for you.

1 Like

But my lord, why a spoon?

Because it’s blunt and it hurts you fool…

1 Like