Pest control : to kill or not to kill

Agreed. Difficult one though I tend to automatically go for the opposite view of that Packham fella.

1 Like

Cant argue with that train of thought for a picture taker though he has done well for himself, but knows fuck all about proper country life and wildlife preservation.

1 Like

Was the bloke defending profit(that was his real argument) from the NRA?
This bit made me laugh.
“Species whose only real protection comes from the shooting community.”
On that logic, these species could only have appeared after the gun was in widespread use and proves they are perverting natural order.
I don’t know the ins and outs, but his argument was piss weak.

1 Like

I went to Italy a few years ago, stayed with my sister who lives there, in a rural area, very beautiful. After growing up in the Kent countryside, going for walks the absence of birdsong was noticeable. There are no birds there, apparently the ‘sport’ is shooting the migrating birds as they pass over, they kill thousands of them. That’s how they get their jollies. Songbirds, raptors, you name it they shoot them. Portugal too apparently. Fucking disgusting. They should have a shotgun held to their head and made to eat them. Feathers and all. Chris Packham is being portrayed as the enemy of these bastards, to me he is a hero, just this week he had dead crows hung on his gate, his locks super glued, dead lambs thrown in his garden. And don’t get me started on badger baiters.

2 Likes

And the reason he had crows on his gate was?

I know what I want to say here but written down it looks stupid.

Packam is all about stopping shooting and hunting.

He doesnt appear to understand that this regulates the predators of the smaller weaker animals which also feature in the food chain of everything else.

Because these are not being hunted the lesser animals are being killed off.

Is basiically it. I think.

1 Like

Always fancied Ortolan

1 Like

Shooting pests / animals to regulate numbers - yes

Shooting stuff for the fun of it - not so much

If we were to ban shooting of animals completely, then the forest would be overrun with deer, because there are no predators. Unless Packham et al would welcome the reintroduction of wolves outside his front door

I am a country girl, farmers daughter, and I am against hunting. I am not however against regulating numbers but it should be done humanely with a gun by a licensed hunter. I would also love the reintroduction of wolves

4 Likes

You sadistic bastard :+1:

Who was that French president, on his deathbed he asked for Ortolan as his final meal?