🚴 Personal Cycling

Need to get myself a GPS Mio Cyclo 505 for my bike. You can put in your home post code and a destination post code and the mileage you want to do and it sets a circular route for you. It also tries to make it as much cycle ways or quiet roads as possible.

Think this would be a fantastic addition to my bike.

1 Like

I had one but went back to Garmin. The mounts and 1/4 locks are shite. I had mine snap off 3 times in 3 months. Each time it had to be sent off to be repaired, for free, but after the 3rd time I just went out at got a 810. The 1000 has the same route gadget as the 505. Handtec have them in a good deal at the moment.

1 Like

Have had one for just over a year after two Garmin 810s both buggered themselves after a couple of months…really good and full EU maps as well so was perfect for the annua trip to France :wink:

1 Like

Did my 1st race on Zwift tonight which was surprisingly hard and surprisingly intense. Had to bang out 340w ave power for the race itself, my FTP is 337w!

In the top 3 across the line. We had broken away on lap 3 and had a 16sec gap. Results are based on Strava times from crossing the start/finish line so final result won’t be known until tomorrow but a deffo podium.

Was good fun, I’ll be back at it next week I think.

Back on the road for oldies chaingang tomorrow evening.

The forecast is stunning. Century again tomorrow, flat(ish) this week though. Same again Sunday I reckon.

1 Like

-5 on this mornings run… fuck was it cold with the wind chil on top, but being so soooper manly we battled on for a reasonable (given the temp) 65km… then hit the cafe for warmers - I was good and had lentil soup… the ‘crew’ wentfor blackpudding rolls… :lou_surprised:

3 Likes

We didn;t get out. Black ice everywhere so 2hrs on Zwift. 60mins doing tempo and 60mins doing HIIT via over/under.

Out on the road tomorrow.

Just signed up to do this. Should prove a good day out. http://chasethesun.wix.com/chasethesun#!concept/c1yhj

Looks good. There is a nice overnighter we do form Carlisle to Edi (approx 110miles) to meet the sunrise on the summer soltice - usually rains up here though :lou_surprised:

1 Like

I’ve looked at that as well. Finishes on a beach on the Firth of Forth IIRC.

1 Like

Isn’t Carlisle to Edinburgh all up hill, Flahute’s root is pretty flat…

You go down A7 way - hillybut not stupidly so

Someone please explain…

Some of my mates are doing this. Coast 2 Coast but I wasn’t prepared to pay £70. Plus it has Wrynose and Hardknott back to back and I’m having a flat fast year in 2016!

1 Like

Originally posted by @BTripz

Originally posted by @areloa-grandee

You go down A7 way - hillybut not stupidly so

Someone please explain…

Route goes up cross country, more in a straight line … will try an ddig it out, but its not hiddious and fish and chips at end :wink:

1 Like

No, it was a joke, it’s South to North on the map, all uphill :lou_facepalm_2: :lou_facepalm_2:

2 Likes

:lou_eyes_to_sky: :lou_is_a_flirt: :lou_lol:

http://www.ridetothesun.co.uk/thestart.html

Link to Carisle - Edi overnighter - This is a informal ride, but many take part and its a great atmosphere etc.

Would be good if a Papsweb Posse took part

1 Like

Good tempo century around north and east Staffordshire today.

1 Like

http://www.ridetothesun.co.uk/thestart.html