Pellegrino: Surely it is time for a change?

Yeah, and how many did you lose before you got lucky against a poor Crystal Palace?

I keep seeing talk of not having replaced Mane. How many players are there out there like him in our price and wage bracket would come to Southampton? He wasnt a one off but he was damn near close for a club like ours. And who did he replace? We didnt have a Mane before he came. Austin was clearly brought in to replace Pelle. Phil has hit the nail on the head. The fear factor kicked in a while back and is hard to shake off. If you have ever played football you will know that you might not intend to sit deep, but lack of confidence can make a team drop back. Pellegrino has been accused of telling his team to defend a lead yet can be seen trying to get the team higher up the pitch. He has got a really tough job on his hands, but as has been said, so will any replacement. We can also forget Tuchel, he has made it clear he wants a top job or nothing. The recruitment process is always important but in this particular window it is crucial. At the very least we need a goalscorer and a CH who can command in the air - which excludes both Yoshi and Stephens. In an ideal world we would rejuvinate Gabbi but there doesnt seem to be much chance of that.

As for Pelligrino, we were told that he would never drop Forster and he has. He would never drop Redmond and he has. I dont believe that he is a bad manager. I dont believe that Puel is a bad manager. Sometimes your squad needs some heavy pruning and freshening up and we havent done that well enough in the last couple of seasons. Still, no one has died and we will still have a club to support/slag off next season come what may.

2 Likes

I accept the Mane point but my point was that we came to rely on him and his pace.

Austin plays nothing like Pelle. He is a finisher and poacher but not a target man. Pelle and Lambert before him offered more with their backs to goal and held up the ball to bring others in to play. Given they were also 6ā€™ 3ā€ they also gave us a route one option at times.

That is what I meant above about their attributes not being replaced. Attributes that we built success upon and gave us different ways to tactically set ourselves up at various points during a game.

Given that we are struggling to defend and spend long periods under the kosh, having someone upfield to hold it up would provide respite for the team.

2 Likes

Guido Carrillo or Mario Balotelli?

1 Like

In all honesty Iā€™ve never seen nor heard of Carrillo. Couldnā€™t tell you if he was an Andy Carroll or a Defoe.

Weā€™d be mental to go for Balotelli. Massive risk. He is undoubtedly talented but often looks disinterested and strolls about. Not sure he has the temperament nor stomach for a relegation scrap. His hold up play is pretty good but still not a target man in my opinion.

Pellegrino wonā€™t go as I believe its a contract thing and only the fans can get him out, if we go down a release clause means we can sack him without compensation, oherwise why the fuck havenā€™t we done it? Its worked for Palace and West Ham, possibly West Brom, always on the cheap, at the least the owners will lose millions, fuck them.

#wemarchsomewherewedontfuckingknow

1 Like

Its such a cop out to say who could replace him?. There must be loads of good managers around if we wanted and would pay for them. Anyone with some air miles and half a brain could find one better than what we have

Even in times of adversity you can usually find something to smile about. Previously it was hypocondriac trying to mobilze the troops over on Fiverweb to rise up and kick out the Board. Today it is former ITKer Guan.2ā€™s turn. He is currently behaving like a lover scorned towards the club. I wonder if he used to work there and was kicked out for having loose lips? He has really got it in for Ralph and Les. The thread Protest Against The Clown Manager is worth its weight in gold. If ever there was a bunch of people that you didnt want in the trenches with you, it is this lot. Fair play to the odd one or two calling for people to get behind the club, but most have already thrown in the towel and want to lob their scapegoats onto a funeral pyre before we even know if we are going down or not. We do have some shit fans.

And before our own Fiverwebbers rail up against me, I remember well the rumblings of discontent when we finshed 6th and when Ronald had his winter blip (yet, there were calls for his head). Pochettino used to get slated for having no Plan B. Not doing so badly now though is he?

6 Likes

Protesting Against The Manager is embarrassing imo. I mean, alright if heā€™s a convicted sex offender or racist or something, but otherwise they should be a bit more honest and protest for what they actually want, i.e. More Wins.

6 Likes

Spot on Bear.

4 wins is codshit and worth a good protest, boo and shout.

I wasnā€™t aware he wanted to stay? Regardless of whether people saying Puel is now the messiah the fact is the baord employed a person vastly out of his depth and they and he and also the players must carry the can for this shit fest.

Fans who pay their money to go to a game can do what the fuck they like.

Personally I donā€™t think booing does any good and makes you look like a cunt.

Protests? What? Waving a season ticket of unfurling a misspelled bedsheet? Sad.

Still, not as sad as drumming up a protest on a forum.

6 Likes

If they fall behind the entertainment and project package/comfor blanket then we have every right to boo the team, board and manager, not the players individually but the team.

Did you go to the Dell in the early 90ā€™s?

It was like a farmers coliseum.

Apparently the plan is for the fans to dress up as clowns.

It seems highly appropriate.

How exactly will you do that? You would have to go to a game. Do you stand in front of the TV shouting?

Did you go to the Dell in the early 90ā€™s?

Thatā€™s when all the plastics turned up.

It was like a farmers coliseum.

Smell of the crowd, or the old heffers on the ploughed field?

1 Like
  1. I stand in the fornt of the tv and shout loudly.

2)Really when we weā€™re shite? Better fans then defo.

3)Both.

So just out of curiosity cos it canā€™t happenā€¦

Would you accept Koeman back as manager?

Yes.