Pellegrino: Surely it is time for a change?

Excuse spelling of players’ names - I don’t appear to be able to edit the post.

I didn’t read that as it was too long, but spelling player’s names wrong is totally…

1 Like

I didn’t read it either, it was too long and we all know you know nothing about football. :lou_is_a_flirt:

1 Like

Good, well argued post. I was saying on here over a month ago that he’d lost the fans, they never come back from that. Same thing happened with Koeman at Everton, he’d lost the fans at least a month before he finally got his P45. Once this happens it is never a matter of if, but when.

5 Likes

OK, I’m onboard with the wait until the summer, whether we’re in the Championship or not. However do we change the manager again?

What if the next manager fails to fulfill expectations again? Do we become a club that consistently dumps a manager like you would a girlfriend who is crap at BJs?

Do we support the manager by getting someone in to help him?

I’m very undecided and don’t know what the solution is TBH

I’m sure that Mr Gao will do something unexpected in the summer though.

1 Like

Would he win the fans back if the team suddenly started winning and we got the FA Cup semi/final? Fans are a fickle lot after all.

8 Likes

Phew, Thank you for such eloquent prose Bletch. I would add… no one faults our business strategy when we were bringing in youth and new unknowns players for relativey small amounts and then selling them on at a large profit and replacing with thsoie equally as good. Our record in doing so has been pretty darn good and for a club of saints revenue generating size, a smart and clever business model. BUt…

It goes without saying (but I will anyway) that there are associated risks - the talent can be in and out very quickly as soon as they get a sniff of riches and have confirmed they can cut it in the self obsessed overhyped and wage infalted world that is the Prem, meaning even great managers would stuggle to get any continuity (why we were trying to have the same style played at all levels for ready made relplacements) and as we have seen, managers are not immune to being poached either

Secondly, it only takes 1 season (as we are seing now) of a wrong choice or players not turning out as expected, when it can be a serious struggle. That is the nature of a startegy that is high risk, but can be rewarding when it works as dhown by our top 6 finish… which given or budget and player turnover is pretty remarkable.

I have no issue with the fact we may have got it wrong, it was inevitable the day we went with this stragey that one season it might not work, does that make it all wrong? I dont know, but I do know this. The football fan charicature represented by the ST throwing ‘everyone-at-the-club-is-a-cunt calling’ rhetoric is as pointless as it is ridiculous. The SAME strategy got us to 6th one season, so its suddenley all shit? Sure we may have gotten a bit complacent and madeacoupleof rash and wrong decsions, but dome folk act as if that was calculated - as Les turned up one day and thought ’ I know, how can I fuck up the club, get us relegated and take 150mil off our value?’ nonsense

Its why, I have addopted the …

Philosophy, because worrying about which Millionnaire is screwing us over this week is just futile. Enjoy being a fan by just supporting, cheer when we win, groan when we lose and put it into the correct perspective - The passion is not lost (despite what some think) its just redirected to the support. Being REALLY ANGRY at Les or MoPe is not being passionate about the club, its shouting at a fucking cloud. It does not mean you care less about the club just because you dont give a fuck about the boardroom shit and the impact it has - it means that you care MORE about supporting whatever the results, league, performance, shit or good, than you do about the silly millionnaires pissing about upstairs. To me that makes a fan.

7 Likes

I would love us to go on a winning streak and climb the table, but, looking at the fixtures i shan’t be holding my breath. I agree, fans are a fickle lot, but even the best scenario in which we finish a few places above the bottom three, which, let’s be realistic, is probably the best we can hope for given our current position, it won’t make any difference IMO. Too many poor results, too many poor and baffling team selections and substitutions, too many instances of throwing away leads due to negative tactics once we go in front. And, of course, the general all round awful, boring standard of football being served up, week in, week out, especially at home, starting countless games without a proper goalscoring striker, leaving both of them on the bench, and then appearing baffled as to why we can’t score. It has been blindingly obvious for weeks now that the fans have had a gut full, short of us starting to bang in 3 or 4 goals a game he won’t win them back, even if that happened the damage has been done regarding Pellegrino. In some ways a shame, because he does come across as a decent, dignified man, it’s just that he seems to be out of his depth, he hasn’t got that extra something that’s needed at this level. IMO.

3 Likes

Thanks Bletch.

Agree with all of that.

1 Like

It’s strange isn’t it, Burnley v Citeh on the box. Commentator remarks that Burnley have score 8 goals at home this season and they’ve not won in the last 8!

I don’t hear the Burnley fans getting on Dyche’s back, in fact I hear our fans saying we should go for Dyche! Pragmatic football and all…

Is the football Burnley play really any better than the way Puel/Pellegrino play?

4 Likes

What I would add to that opus is the fear factor.

Organisation and responsibiliy are crucial in all teams. But I think that is the only thing wrong with us at the moment.

We are worried about shape and covering rather than playing with expression and freedom. Freedom comes with trusting others to cover or to keep momentum going.

Fear or maybe being careful makes Steve Davis hesitate at Watford and not make the pass.

That is such a small piece but so hard to change now the fans are on their backs.

It’ also why I am still not sure changing manager now is the right thing to do.

We saw the team get worse in the Lowe years we’e seen SOME improvements of late.

We won’ win today. He will go.

Hughes may keep us up but we may sell our souls

2 Likes

If we’re told its a results business, its a business and its entertainment not sport then selling our soul is part and parcel of that, they can not have their cake and eat it, sport or entertainment? Profit over people? They can choose but they can’t have both and thats what gets me, they pick and choose those words according to the situation.

Kruegar’s small club anyone?

They’re full of shit and nowhere near as intelligent as they think they are, how Kruegar’s NHL managerial career? Reed’s? They’re not leaders, they’re chancers, like the Lander group, we’re proper fucked as the whole club now is run by chancers.

But what do the Chinese say?

1 Like

NHL? Reed has never managed in the NHL, has he? You surely know that, so you must be talking about managing in general, which then makes me ask why you mentioned the NHL? Is it because its the least successful time in team management(46.3% win rate) you could find for Krueger, conveniently ignoring the 5 national championships on the trot or the European success?

It’s this disregard for and deliberate manipulation of the facts that makes anything you say hard to take seriously. How’s your claim as fact that Carrillo has a release clause if we go down getting on. Any proof, or just say what suits your point of view?

Has he gone yet? His win/loss % (lets not forget its a results business etc etc) is the worst known over this length of time, how is he still here?

First loss in 7 games isn’t it(against a team that has spent more on 2 players than our entire squad), with players that you consider hairdressers with no backbone.

That surely makes him the messiah :lou_lol:

1 Like

How many have we won? How many have we won this season? At home?

He’s probably happy with a 0-2 the twat, sending on Davis with 10 minutes to go and 0-2 leaving a striker on the bench says all you need to know about this dildo.

How many pointless questions have you asked and how many more by the end of the season?

Ummm, we had Caribou and Schlong on at that point, 3 recognised strkers would have been a tad over kill do you not think? Especially as 'pool were still dangerous on the break…

1 Like

Liverpool played with 3 strikers all game, overkill when you’re losing 0-2 at home?