👴 ⬇ Passing it down

One of the few things that Sotonians can boast about is our high median age. This of course, is no good thing if you’re looking for Premier League footballers, the cast of the next Bugsy Malone or someone that can have a piss without worrying about an after-dribble, but it does mean that we’ve seen some shit.

What advice would you, or do you, give to the younger generations?

1 Like

Never trust a man who looks like a tortoise.

7 Likes

Everybody Lies

1 Like

Ageist!

Don’t trust a woman who won’t suck your dick.

4 Likes

Or spits

1 Like

This is a personal fave & the music is great

1 Like

Dont pay before the job is done

Sunblock, always wear sunblock

3 Likes

Always put your tongue before your cock

1 Like

That was the mantra I taught the kids from day 1 in the sandpit

1 Like

Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you’re dead.

1 Like

One bit of advice I actually give out is to never bitch about a problem without a solution in mind.

If you got the solution, you’re a problem solver. If you don’t you’re just batching.

3 Likes

What ever problem you are dealing with, and sometimes that problem will seem insurmountable and without end, you can and will get through it.

Take it step by step, keep going and don’t lose faith in your ability to overcome it

4 Likes

We dont have problems we have solutions.

1 Like

Never trust a Tory.

2 Likes

…and that includes Starmer.

3 Likes

I dish out similar. Every big thing is actually loads of little things. Get those little things done and the enormity of anything soon shrinks.

1 Like

Not so much about passing on a particular piece of advice, but over the years we’ve imbued YoungAdult#1 & #2 with a sense of honesty, tolerance, doing the right thing and a sense of wanting to see social justice.

Despite that they’ve turned out to be genuinely likeable YoungAdults…. I would say that of course :wink:

1 Like