:pl: Other Games - Game Week 35+

Bournemouth v Leicester (19:00 BST)

I know Bournemouth kept a clean sheet against Spurs on Thursday but I don’t see that as a turning point for them. Leicester have got their mojo back in attack, so the Foxes have to be big favourites here.

Having Jamie Vardy back in the goals is huge for Brendan Rodgers in terms of making the top four - and Vardy is also going for the Golden Boot as the Premier League’s top scorer, so he has plenty to play for.

Lawro’s prediction: 0-2

Scotty’s prediction: I don’t see Bournemouth staying up now. They have overachieved for the past few seasons and what is happening to them now is almost a correction. 0-3

I like this Scotty guy :slight_smile:

This week he is up against The Manor’s Scotty Stacks, whose latest track ‘All Goes Cold’ is out now.

Stacks is a Crystal Palace fan who was dreaming of Europe when he was part of the MOTDx Watchalong for the win at Bournemouth on 20 June, in what was their first game back as the Premier League restarted following the coronavirus shutdown.

That win sent the Eagles ninth, and at that stage they were just four points behind fifth-placed Manchester United, but Roy Hodgson’s side have lost all four of their games since, and it is safe to say Stacks is no longer looking up the table and thinking about midweek trips to Azerbaijan.

“What’s gone wrong? How long have you got!?!” Stacks told BBC Sport. "We’ve got the job done this season when we’ve needed to, but our league position has never really told the full story.

"I think the Premier League been a pretty poor standard on the whole this year. There have been a few success stories - teams such as Wolves, Sheffield United and Burnley who have over-achieved and are pushing for Europe, but Liverpool have won it at a canter.

"There are a lot of teams with decent squads who haven’t played as well as expected. So while it has been a pretty decent year for us to have an off-season, because we have never been in danger of going down, as a Palace fan it does feel like a missed opportunity for a European tour, when teams such as Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton have been in upper mid-table most of the time.

"It feels as if a couple more goals at different times and we could have been right in the mixer for the Europa League.

"At the same time, I don’t think we’d have the squad to cope with that anyway. But would you risk a rainy Thursday night in Azerbaijan for a relegation dog-fight? I probably would, to be honest!

“It is frustrating because we are capable of it, but being a typical, cynical and pessimistic Palace fan, we’re probably just as capable of getting relegated as we are getting into Europe.”

2 Likes

Latest

Norwich 0-1 West Ham
Watfor 0-1 Newcastle

I havr money on the complete opposite scores fore both of them

You’re going to be upset then

Half Times

Norwich 0-2 West Ham
Watford 0-1 Newcastle

Norwich have got to turn it around otherwise they are down…

its got worse they are three down now.

…and 4.

You think that’s bad…they’re four DOWN…Antonio has bagged all four.

Watford now ahead against toon. Pressure racked up on Bompey now.

1 Like

Liverpool 1-1 Burnley FT

Jay Rod on the score sheet again…

1 Like

Bugger there goes my Superbru again

1 Like

Sheff Utd. Wtf?
I may struggle to get null pwoint this week

1 Like

Me too. :frowning:

1 Like

Chuffed about that. :+1::+1:

2 Likes

City 4-0 up against Brighton, 34 minutes left

This could be a cricket score

Can’t believe that’s the same team we stuffed 1-0 last week.

2 Likes

“stuffed 1-0” :joy::joy::joy::+1:

Goal of the season for Sterling there :laughing:

2 Likes

Wolves 3-0 against Everton, 4 minutes of added on time to go…

And a draw in the north London derby will earn me 485 name changing beer tokens.