Oscars 2016

Best Actor - Di Caprio has to win.

Actress - Hopefully Brie Larson, I’m pretty sure she will do.

Film (best motion pic) will go to The Revenant.

1 Like

Roger Deakins will lose out yet again (14 nominations). The academy voters consist of old agents, actors, writers etc.

Sicario was genius

Hehehe

THERE were red faces all round at tonight’s Academy Awards ceremony in Los Angeles, after almost every single man in attendance showed up wearing the same outfit.

From George Clooney to Sylvester Stallone, all of the male attendees landed at the glitzy event wearing a black suit, white shirt, and a tie or dicky-bow.

Heated arguments were heard breaking out as the actors, directors and producers debated among themselves as to who should be allowed to keep wearing their clothes and who should be forced to go home and change, with Leonardo Di Caprio heard exclaiming that he should keep wearing his tuxedo as he “wears it best”.

Fashion journalists and paparazzi wasted no time in tearing into the men, posting scathing criticisms on Instagram and Twitter where they were lapped up by a worldwide audience of actor-shamers.

“The fucking state of some of these lads, seriously,” said one tabloid journalist in a 15 page spread titled ‘Actors In Red Carpet Mortification’.

“Honestly, what were they thinking. Some of them have made a little bit of effort to change the colour of their dinner jackets, but that’s about it. It’s like they thought they weren’t going to suffer the scrutiny that their female counterparts go through on every red carpet event they attend. Absolute spanners”.

The massive fashion faux pas was compounded by rumours that some of the actors were wearing the same outfits they had worn to the Golden Globes ceremony nearly two months ago.

4 Likes

Why does DiCaprio “have” to win. HIs role in the Revenant didn’t exactly involve a lot of acting!

Eddie Redmayne playing a transgender in the Danish Girl is more deserving of an Oscar, even bloody Matt Damon in the Martian showed more acting skills than DiCaprio.

Just goes to show that the Oscars are a political thing not based on any reality whatsoever.

Just about to put on my

Someone just told me that Sam Smith won with the worst Bond theme in history.

Really?

It sounded like two foxes raping a cat while trying to harmonise to different songs.

2 Likes

I thought Di Caprio was excellent in The Revenant and worthy of the award.

He was v.convincing. I’ve seen a lot of bear rapes, and his reaction, and the way he walked afterwards was v.realistic. Little details really, but if you know what ur looking for, you could see a lot of craft went into that performance. Wouldn’t surprise me if he’d been raped by a bear before, or at least seen it happen.

I raised Eyebrow at Spotlight winning Best Screenplay. A worthy film, but it was basically a documentary. I don’t think it was v.clever screenplay.

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Someone just told me that Sam Smith won with the worst Bond theme in history.

Really?

It sounded like two foxes raping a cat while trying to harmonise to different songs.

He should probably do some fact checking before he talks as well.

:lou_facepalm_2:

S’alright. We’ll probably find out it really belongs to Tom Petty anyways.

Really!! I must admit I was bored by the whole film so probably didn’t pay as much attention as I should but whole swathes of the film were panoramic shots.

His roles in Shutter Island and Catch Me If You Can were probably more testing of his acting range than this one!!