OptiNews - Friday 22 to Thursday 28 September 2017

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Saints announce Brickhill Capital partnership

Show/hide article…

The global foreign exchange provider has agreed a two-year deal with the club, with Saints players Mario Lemina, Manolo Gabbiadini, Matt Targett and Pierre-Emile Højbjerg joining Brickhill Capital CEO Guoxian Chen at Staplewood Campus for the launch of the partnership.

Brickhill Capital brings extensive knowledge and expertise on foreign exchange dealings in Asia, and will support the club as it expands its footprint in the region, while the partnership will also provide the company with significant international exposure.

Southampton Football Club’s Commercial Director David Thomas said: “We are extremely pleased to have entered into this partnership with Brickhill Capital.

“Like ourselves, they have a strong reputation for innovation and for developing talent, and they share our ambition of achieving success on a global level.

“We look forward to developing this partnership over the next two years and working with Brickhill Capital as we continue to expand our fanbase in Asia and explore new commercial opportunities across the region.”

Brickhill Capital Limited’s CEO, Guoxian Chen, commented: “We are exceptionally proud to partner with such a well-respected and world-renowned club with a significant and growing fan base in Asia.

“Our partnership with Southampton Football Club is our first-ever sporting partnership and it demonstrates our commitment to expanding our footprint globally. The club has a great reputation for having solid and stable structure, and this is what we value and focus on at Brickhill Capital.

“We are dedicated to helping clients succeed by establishing a strong foundation with our unparalleled support and services as we work towards achieving success together.”

Go to the original article…

...priggishly churned out by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

Hear from the boss ahead of #MUFC! :sunglasses: #saintsfc

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 8

...palely modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 22/09/2017 11:29:25

| | SPORTREVIEWCOM |
| | Southampton vs Manchester United - Match preview, likely line-ups and score predictionTHEBOOTROOM |

...concisely brought into being by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Quiz: Saints vs Man United

Show/hide article…

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are consenting to their use. View cookie policy.

...aloofly contrived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Premier League team news, odds and stats from every match this weekend

Show/hide article…

Ahead of this weekend’s matches in the Premier League, Sportsmail brings you the latest squad news, odds and stats on every top flight fixture as it breaks.

Simply click on your team in the fixture list below to find out who is ruled out and who is making a return.

You can also check out the key statistics surrounding your club’s fixture.

...incomprehensibly cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Can you complete our ultimate #SaintsFC vs #MUFC quiz? :thinking:

Test your knowledge and tell us how you fared: http://sfcne.ws/QuizPreMUFC

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 2

...hopingly designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 22/09/2017 12:29:39

| | Premier League scores Sept 23: Southampton v Manchester United, Stoke v Chelsea, Man City v Crystal Palace, …BELFASTTELE |
| | Premier League scores Sept 23: Southampton v Manchester United, Stoke v Chelsea, Man City v Crystal Palace, …BELFASTTELE |
| | Southampton Home Troubles Underline Manchester United StrengthsTHESTRETTYRANT |
| | Preview: Southampton v Manchester United - Official Manchester United WebsiteOFFMANUTD |
|

| Southampton’s academy sides set to be hosted by the NerazzurriINTERNAZIONALECALCIO |
| | The UK’s Tightest Derby Clashes - 2017VITALFOOTBALL |

...handsomely produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Time To Repeat The Win Of 2003 Over United ! | Saints take on Manchester United at St Mary’s looking for their first win at home against the Red Devils since 2003 … 22-09-2017 |

Older content…

| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Manchester United Predicted XI12 hours ago |
| Are United As Potent As Goals For Column Suggests ?12 hours ago |
| Saints Have Virtually Full Squad To Pick From For United Visit2 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Opposition View With United Peoples TV2 days ago |
| Pellegrino Says Van Dijk Could Start Against United2 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Manchester United Preview2 days ago |
| Southampton ! Southampton ! A Song For The City2 days ago |
| Ticket Information Released For Brighton Away Game2 days ago |
| Van Dijk Pledges To Give His All For Saints !2 days ago |
| Ex Saints Managers Are In Demand2 days ago |

...unsatisfiedly spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SkyBet tweet

@SkyBet - Sky Bet

:tada: It’s Free Bet Friday! T&Cs > https://goo.gl/LKrp7f

:soccer: Who scored #MUFC’s winner v #saintsfc in the EFL Cup fin… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/911198408848719872

Retweets: 7

Favourites: 10

...drearily instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from BBC article

Southampton v Manchester United

Show/hide article…

Virgil van Dijk could make his first start for Southampton since January, having returned to competitive action as a substitute last weekend.

He will be assessed after playing for the U23 side on Monday but Matt Targett is a doubt due to an ankle injury.

Manchester United have no fresh injury worries with Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial pushing their claims for a starting role by scoring in the League Cup win over Burton.

Jonathan Pearce: "Every time I climb up to the St Mary’s gantry a Saints fan asks me: ‘Will we be okay this season?’. I’ve always reassured him. In all honesty I can’t do so right now.

"Any side that has scored just one home goal from free play in 725 minutes, with eight home scoring blanks in nine matches, is bound to find trouble. They have to get Charlie Austin fully fit and firing.

"Manchester United look far too strong for them. They average three goals a game. Romelu Lukaku alone has more than the whole Southampton side. Jose Mourinho looks like the cat that got the cream.

“It’s 14 years since a Saints home win in this fixture. I can’t see that hoodoo being broken.”

Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino: "When we play against the biggest team in the world, it allows us to draw some conclusions about how we are.

"This is for me the nice challenge and we have to strive for this.

“Playing against Manchester United is one of the most beautiful things. I will live this opportunity, I will live this game, and now we have to try to enjoy this game.”

Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho: "Southampton is the kind of club that are very stable in the way they play and in the way they see football, the qualities of their players…

“I see the match tomorrow as a very difficult match.”

I am expecting United to dominate this game and create lots of chances. Eventually they will find a way through.

SAM (Sports Analytics Machine) is a super-computer created by @ProfIanMcHale at the University of Liverpool that is used to predict the outcome of football matches.

...despondently created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 22/09/2017 13:29:52

|

| Southampton vs. Manchester United: Preview and predictionsFANSIDEDSAINTSMARCHING |
| | TV ! Saints V Manchester United Predicted XI - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Southampton striker could get a chance against Manchester UnitedFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Are United As Potent As Goals For Column Suggests ? - Southampton NewsTHEUGLYINSIDE |
| | Vital Preview - Premier League - 23rd-25th September 2017VITALFOOTBALL |

...capriciously created by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Get game ready for the visit of #MUFC to St.Mary’s with our in-depth match preview:

http://sfcne.ws/SaintsMUFCpreview

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 1

...viciously dreamed-up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Video: Pellegrino previews United

Show/hide article…

Get game ready with all the key facts, name and figures before Saints take on Man Utd at St.Mary’s

...gluttonously manufactured by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| Saints V Manchester United The Preview | Saints go looking for their first win at St Mary’s over the spawn of the devil since August 2003, I think they might … 22-09-2017 |

Older content…

| Time To Repeat The Win Of 2003 Over United !14 hours ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Manchester United Predicted XI14 hours ago |
| Are United As Potent As Goals For Column Suggests ?14 hours ago |
| Saints Have Virtually Full Squad To Pick From For United Visit2 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Opposition View With United Peoples TV2 days ago |
| Pellegrino Says Van Dijk Could Start Against United2 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Manchester United Preview2 days ago |
| Southampton ! Southampton ! A Song For The City2 days ago |
| Ticket Information Released For Brighton Away Game2 days ago |
| Van Dijk Pledges To Give His All For Saints !2 days ago |

...hesitantly cobbled together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 22/09/2017 14:30:06

| | Surprise Saints return on Pellegrino’s mindCLUBCALL |
| | Pellegrino will not change formationCLUBCALL |
| | Premier League Preview: Southampton out to trip leaders Manchester UnitedTHESTATESMAN |
| | Newcastle legend believes Liverpool would have won the league if they did this | FutnSoccerFUTNSOCCER |
| | Southampton to be given fresh January signing chance: On a plateSPORTWITNESS |

...inhospitably devised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SimonPeach tweet

@SimonPeach - Simon Peach

Asked Jose Mourinho today about #SaintsFC & Mauricio Pellegrino, who he worked with during their time at Barcelona https://www.facebook.com/notes/simon-peach/jose-mourinho-on-southampton-mauricio-pellegrino/2015293432039798/

Retweets: 4

Favourites: 9

...opinionatedly generated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by OriolRomeu tweet

@OriolRomeu - Oriol Romeu

Tomorrow :innocent: vs :japanese_ogre:!
Let’s go!!! :running_man:t2::dash: #SaintsFC

Retweets: 11

Favourites: 91

...featherly whittled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

Manchester United press conference live with Jose Mourinho

Show/hide article…

Jose Mourinho has cemented United’s excellent start to the season by sweeping past Burton Albion in the Carabao Cup midweek.

The Red Devils are level at the top of the Premier League with rivals City and will be aiming to stay their despite Paul Pogba’s absence through injury.

Saints pose a threat though, particularly away from home, and could take advantage if United are overlooking them.

Mourinho will be aware of the tricky trip to Moscow next week in the Champions League against CSKA.

After opening with a victory over Basel, three points in Russia will set them up nicely to secure their qualification.

The other story at Old Trafford this week has been the offensive Romelu Lukaku song, with the Belgian striker now urging fans to stop singing it.

“Great backing since I joined #MUFC,” said Lukaku. “Fans have meant well with their songs but let’s move on together #RespectEachOther”.

...stridently invented by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Southampton vs Manchester United: Team news, probable line-ups

Show/hide article…

Ahead of this weekend’s action, Sportsmail will be providing you with all you need to know about every fixture, with team news, provisional squads, betting odds and Opta stats. Here is all the information you need for Southampton’s home clash with Manchester United on Sunday.

Defender Virgil van Dijk could make his first start in eight months when Southampton host Manchester United in the Premier League.

The Holland international, who had been unavailable after suffering a serious foot injury in January and then handing in a transfer request during the summer, made his first-team return as a substitute against Crystal Palace last weekend,

Defender Matt Targett is a doubt with an ankle problem but Denmark midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, who missed the game against Palace due to the birth of his daughter, is back in contention.

Jose Mourinho does not have any fresh injury concerns to deal with as Manchester United travel to Southampton.

Marcos Rojo, Zlatan Ibrahimovic (both knee), Paul Pogba (hamstring) and Axel Tuanzebe (back) remain absent for the trip to St Mary’s.

Luke Shaw is hoping to be involved against his former club having returned from injury as a substitute in the Carabao Cup win against Burton. David de Gea, Antonio Valencia, Eric Bailly and Nemanja Matic are set to be involved after being rested for Wednesday’s match.

Southampton have lost 24 Premier League games against Manchester United (W7 D5); four more defeats than they have suffered against any other opponent.

Manchester United have won 14 of a possible 18 points in their last six Premier League visits to St Mary’s Stadium (W4 D2 L0).

Southampton have failed to score in eight of their last 10 Premier League matches at St Mary’s Stadium.

Southampton have lost 10 Premier League games in 2017 so far - if they lose this match, they’ll have already equalled their tally of Premier League losses in 2016 (11) with 15 more games scheduled to play following this fixture this calendar year.

Manchester United have scored more Premier League goals in the 80th minute or later in games (9) than 17 of the 19 other clubs have scored overall in the competition this season.

Eight different players have found the net in the Premier League for Manchester United in their opening five games this season; more than any other side. At this stage last season, they only had four different goalscorers.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Romelu Lukaku have combined for three goals in the Premier League this season (providing assists for goals) – no other partnership has been as profitable in 2017-18 so far.

Romelu Lukaku has scored five goals in his first five Premier League games for Manchester United. The player with the most goals after six PL apps for the Red Devils is Louis Saha (six).

12 of Romelu Lukaku’s last 22 Premier League goals have been scored in the 80th minute or later (55%).

Lukaku has scored more Premier League goals this season (5) than opponents Southampton (4), despite attempting 47 shots fewer (24 v 71).

...cognisantly synergised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Pellegrino: Liverpool connection no bearing on wanting to beat Man Utd

Show/hide article…

Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino insists his Liverpool connections do not serve as an added incentive to beat their bitter rivals Manchester United.

The 45-year-old former central defender made 13 appearances for the Anfield club under Rafael Benitez in 2005 before returning to Merseyside as first-team coach in the summer of 2008.

His Saints side take on Jose Mourinho’s United in the Premier League on Saturday but Pellegrino is focused on gaining a positive result for his current employers, rather than settling any old scores.

‘This is part of my history as a player and as a first coach with Rafa Benitez in Liverpool,’ he said. 'For me they (Liverpool and United) are two of the biggest teams in England, in the world.

‘But for me my challenge is to try to prepare my team as best as possible to try to win the game. I don’t have any relationship with Liverpool.’

Pellegrino, appointed Saints boss in June, was in the twilight of his playing career during his short spell in English football.

He became the first Argentinian to represent Liverpool after arriving on a free transfer from LaLiga side Valencia at the age of 33 in January 2005.

His debut in England’s top-flight came against United and, despite losing at home to a solitary goal from Wayne Rooney, Pellegrino remembers the occasion fondly.

‘It was a nice moment in my life, it was my first Premier League game,’ added Pellegrino, who was ineligible for the Reds’ successful Champions League campaign that season.

‘We lost 1-0 but obviously I remember this game. I did my best for this club in this moment but this is part of my past, the present is different. Now I am outside the pitch but I will try to improve my squad to try to have possibilities on Saturday.’

Free-scoring United arrive at St Mary’s second in the table following a strong start to the season which has seen them register 13 points and 16 goals from their opening five league games.

Pellegrino admits the match with Mourinho’s men will provide the toughest test of his short tenure on the south coast and believes United have the quality to end their five-season wait for a league title.

‘Sure, because they work as a team, they’ve got players with quality, in one second they can change the game,’ Pellegrino said.

'They are really strong and they showed last season, winning two titles (the League Cup and Europa League).

‘Obviously after five games it’s too early to draw some conclusions, but they are showing this quality.’

...stuffily designed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!