OptiNews - Friday 15 to Thursday 21 December 2017

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Timing could be good for Chelsea trip

Show/hide article…

Mauricio Pellegrino is hoping that facing Chelsea will be the perfect tonic for his side.

Saints were left reeling after an awful performance and a 4-1 defeat at home to Leicester and former manager Claude Puel in midweek.

It seemingly came from nowhere after some steadily improving displays, including bagging a 1-1 draw with Arsenal just days earlier.

Saints need to bounce back quickly, and while a trip to Chelsea might seem like the last thing they need at this moment in time, Pellegrino thinks it might be a good game for his team.

Saints have put in good performances in most of their fixtures against the division’s bigger sides this season, including against both Manchester clubs and Arsenal.

And with Chelsea not quite the force they were when they won the title last time out, Saints are trying to remain upbeat about their chances, and optimistic playing the Blues away from home might suit them.

“Chelsea are a team that don’t need to dominate you too much to be dangerous because in counter attack they have players who create, they can run 30 or 40 meters with the ball like Willian, Pedro, even the full backs, Morata,” said Pellegrino.

“It’s a side that are comfortable sometimes when they are deep in different situations but it’s a good opportunity for us.

“Also I think maybe we have more space than normal.”

Chelsea do have some big individual talents to worry about, not least Eden Hazard, as well as Alvaro Morata, who may or may not be fit for the game.

“We don’t used to do something special when we play against important players, we try to defend him in zone,” said Pellegrino of Hazard.

“If you do man to man marking this type of player can move in different places and will be difficult for us and we have to be really focussed and don’t have him receive too much where he is very dangerous.

“I think now the most important is we have to think about us first of all.

“This is the base to prepare well for this game.

“Obviously Morata has got some qualities that are different to the other strikers.

“Sometimes they change 5-3-2 or 5-2-2-1. It depends the possibilities they have.

“With or without Morata they are really strong.”

Key to Saints’ chances will be the reaction of the players to their humbling against Leicester.

While Pellegrino accepts that sometimes you just have a bad day, he clearly won’t accept anything less than total effort.

“I hope so and hopefully we can change.

“I think my players know exactly what we need to be a better team on the pitch.”

He added: “This is like if I ask you, every single day connected 100 per cent with your job. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, because you’re a human, you’re not a machine.

“I accept this as a manager and part of this club – sometimes you can play bad, sometimes more or less, sometimes for different reasons.

“Obviously the main thing to build a good team you need players with character and that’s something you can’t buy from the sky – you need to train it and be responsible and demanding at the same level as the Premier League. Now the level is really high and this is our challenge.”

Go to the original article…

...flirtingly carved by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

READER LETTER: Saints manager Pellegrino looks scared and I fear Saints will be relegated

Show/hide article…

From such promise under Pochettino and Koeman, a memorable Wembley trip and an eighth place finish under Puel, who was ironically in charge of last night’s opponents, to the leaderless, rudderless shambles of last evening.

Pellegrino is like a startled, frightened cat in the car headlights, uninspiring and clearly out of his depth, even bemoaning the attitude of his team, half of whom appear disinterested, confused and disorganised.

I wonder what our new owner thinks of the situation, I wonder what Ralph Krueger and Les Reed think of the situation, unfortunately we will never know, as the silence coming out of St Mary’s is deafening, with absolutely no sign of the promised transparency.

Saints are my club, and always will be, I’m not going to throw my toys out of the pram and pledge not to renew my season ticket, I will always support them, I just fear that next season I will be supporting them back in the Championship.

...breathlessly originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Hoedt absence not due to disciplinary reasons

Show/hide article…

Mauricio Pellegrino has denied that there has been a fall-out with centre back Wesley Hoedt and insists he was left out of the team to face Leicester due to tactical reasons.

The £17m summer signing was not even on the bench to face the Foxes at St Mary’s.

However, Pellegrino was adamant that Hoedt was out for footballing rather than disciplinary reason.

He said: “Just tactical reasons because I feel now I have a lot of players can do it well but I can’t control a social media story.

“I made my decision thinking about the team and to try to find the best way for every single game.”

Hoedt could even be in line for a recall to the team to face Chelsea tomorrow.

Pellegrino is considering his options, which could either be straight change, or reverting to three centre halves, a tactic which proved successful when Saints travelled to another of the Premier League’s big guns in Manchester City.

“Yes, we’re thinking about it,” said Pellegrino of the possible formation change.

“We didn’t change too much – only change in the past like the other day, Arsenal also play with five defenders and I think we did well and I’m thinking of something we can do quickly because we don’t have a lot of time

“ But we have some habits and can do well in this game.”

...vigorously introduced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

:two::four: hours until kick-off…

Check out our match preview ahead of #SaintsFC’s trip to #CFC:
http://sfcne.ws/MPChelseaSaints

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 2

...ineffectively built by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from talkSPORT article

Alternative Premier League: All 20 teams ranked by pounds spent per point won in 2017/18 season

Show/hide article…

Burnley have been enjoying the best season in the 2017-18 Premier League.

It might be Manchester City who are running away with the title, playing the kind of football never before seen on these shores, but Burnley are the real heroes.

Sean Dyche’s side sit sixth after 17 matches and are only out of the Champions League qualification places on goal difference.

And whereas City have spent millions upon millions in the transfer market, Burnley are flying high despite spending less than £40m over the summer.

The Clarets have claimed 31 points at this stage of the campaign, meaning they have spent only £1.3m per point throughout 2017-18 - the best money-per-point return in the division.

But where do all the other teams rank in this table? Click the right arrow, above, to find out…

*All data provided by The Sun. Correct as of 15/12/2017

...monstrously spawned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Potential Chelsea line-up against Southampton | Southampton face Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday as they look to return to winning ways after their defeat to … 15-12-2017 |

Older content…

| Chelsea v Southampton: Combined XI15 hours ago |
| Southampton predicted XI: Chelsea (A)15 hours ago |
| Pellegrino is in no position to bemoan Saints’ lack of connection2 days ago |
| Manchester City make signing Southampton star their priority2 days ago |
| Our man of the match: Leicester (H)2 days ago |
| Southampton 1-4 Leicester: Match Report2 days ago |
| Southampton, West Brom, Swansea scout Norwich youngster Godfrey2 days ago |
| Southampton leading race for Dani Garcia2 days ago |
| Southampton player ratings: Leicester (H)2 days ago |

...oxymoronically cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 15/12/2017 15:49:24

|

| Riyad Mahrez Could Ease Liverpool Pain Of Losing Philippe CoutinhoTHESPORTSMAN |
| | Southampton youngster Michael Afolabi hits FA Youth Cup hat-trickHEREISTHECITY |
| | FANTASYLEAGUE |

...frostily instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from ESPN FC article

Transfer Rater: Virgil van Dijk to Liverpool, Willian to Manchester United

Show/hide article…

Things change in the blink of an eye in football. The Football Whispers Index takes the latest transfer rumours and gives them a score out of five; the higher the score, the more realistic and reliable the whisper.

Here are today’s top five emerging whispers. And keep an eye on Transfer Talk for all the latest gossip.

Newcastle manager Rafael Benitez is looking to bring in reinforcements during the January transfer window in an attempt to stave off the threat of a relegation battle. They’re 16th in the Premier League but just the three points off the bottom of the table. The team are finding goals hard to come by, averaging 0.94 per game so far this term, and have been linked with a number of forwards. The Newcastle Chronicle claim Benitez wants to raid his former club Liverpool to sign Sturridge and believe first-team football would be enough to tempt him to swap red for black and white.

Liverpool are prepared to battle it out with league leaders Manchester City to secure the signing of long-term target Van Dijk. The Dutch centre-back topped Jurgen Klopp’s wishlist during the summer but claims of illegal approaches shelved any possibility of the former Celtic defender moving to Anfield. However, the Liverpool Echo believe Klopp want the recruitment team to do everything in their power to sign Van Dijk during the January transfer window ahead of rivals City.

The Daily Mail have revealed Willian is once again a target for Manchester United. Jose Mourinho wanted to bring the Brazilian to Old Trafford during the summer along with Nemanja Matic. However, a move never materialised and Willian has scored some vital goals for Antonio Conte’s team this season. But recent reports suggest Chelsea have targeted Thomas Lemar and Leon Bailey, meaning Willian would be surplus to requirements and free to move on.

Alan Pardew is set to meet with West Brom technical director Nick Hammond to discuss the club’s strategy for the January transfer window. The Telegraph claim Ings is their top transfer target, with the new West Brom boss looking to boost the firepower he has at his disposal. It is believed Liverpool would be open to loaning Ings out in an attempt to expose him regular first-team football after injuries have plagued him for the past two years.

Barcelona are in the market for defenders this January, with Samuel Umtiti injured and Javier Mascherano agitating for a move away from the Camp Nou. Marca claim the La Liga leaders have targeted Blind and believe they can get the Manchester United left-back in a cut-price deal due to the fact his contract expires in the summer of 2018.

...witheringly thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Mirror.co.uk article

20 weird, wacky and wonderful Christmas gifts for every Premier League club

Show/hide article…

’Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la…

Yes, that’s right, it’s that time of year again (Bah Humbug to all those who are still not humming along).

So, what better way to celebrate Christmas than to pick 20 weird, wacky and downright wonderful Premier League gifts?

OK, there probably is a better way. But that’s not going to stop us. Oh no ho ho ho…

Feast your eyes on our selection of inspiring gifts that you can treat your loved ones with this Christmas.

The Gunners have done everything to try and please Alexis Sanchez. In fact, they’ve even produced an official Christmas jumper for his dogs! Barking mad? Now Arsenal fans can treat their beloved pooch to the £15 item this Christmas.

Mirror Football verdict: Downright wonderful (20% of sales are donated to Save the Children)

Yes, one of those pesky Elf on the Shelf toys. You know the ones that cause all kinds of chaos overnight and your kids wake up in hysterics… Anyway, Bournemouth have got their own one. It even has “has velcro fasteners on his arms and legs to enable him to be placed in a variety of fun situations for children to discover over the festive period.” Nice.

There’s no better way for gym junkie fans of showing how much you really love your club by drinking protein whey from a club-branded shaker. Right?

The fine folk of Proudsville will need plenty of these when Sean Dyche’s men secure their place in next season’s Champions League.

Mirror Football verdict: Downright wonderful ( if they reach the Champions League)

So, here’s an interesting discovery. When you click on the Chelsea online club shop, not redirects you to Nike’s website. Anyway, we scrolled through and found this flashing nose. You’re welcome.

Palace *were * out of the drop zone earlier this week. They’re back in it again now. But it’s Christmas, so any excuse to have a tipple or 12. All together now, ‘Red, red, red wine…’

Jordan Pickford should probably stick to his Nike goalkeeper gloves. But perhaps these might suit Sam Allardyce on the touchline?

The Terriers play Southampton, Stoke, Burnley and Leicester over the festive period. If they fail to pick up any points, Huddersfield fans would be of the right mind to request a refund on this t-shirt.

Picture the scene, Foxes fans: Christmas morning, living room, blue wrapping paper with golden bows. Rip it open and woah, what is that? Danny Drinkwater? The Danny Drinkwater who is now at Chelsea?! “Er, thanks…”

If there was ever a rubber duck that resembled Jurgen Klopp, this is probably it. Or his sidekick on the bench who looks like him. Either way, this rubber duck has glasses and a Lovebird tattoo. Great for the bath!

In case you missed it, City broke a Premier League record for 15 consecutive wins when they thrashed Swansea on Wednesday. Most reckon they have now won the title. So, instead of waiting till May, City are already celebrating (sort of) with this commemorative tee.

“To Forename Surname, Best wishes for you and your friends in Location…” signed by Paul Pogba dabs

Don’t worry, you can personalise the message. Although the first one is rather catchy.

“The Team Pumpkin Gnome is a perfect Halloween gift for any fan of the club, featuring a pumpkin headed garden know holding a football and wearing a tie with the club colours and crest.” Oh, Halloween… sorry, our bad.

Mirror Football verdict: Weird and definitely not at all Christmassy.

Fan 1: “Is that one of those Sammy Saint backpacks?”

Fan 2 (smug smile): “Yes. Yes, it is.”

In honour of Stoke City’s finest, Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor, this is an essential stocking filler for all Potters fans (well, those who actually own a darts board). You require £6.40 to checkout.

A ‘musical’ egg timer. What is it? Les Miserables? Sorry, that’s a poor yolk…

This makes the cut purely because Mirror Football’s social media editor got one for his ‘Secret Santa’ gift. All, it was a Hugo Lloris bobblehead but Kane’s better right?

This ‘Executive Gift’ impressive. Very impressive. That is all.

What was his name? You know thingy… oh, what was it? The manager who loved a baseball cap? Don’t worry, it will come to us eventually.

‘Born to be a Hammer’. West Ham disposable nappies. If this was an idea pitched on The Apprentice it would probably be branded as… Never mind.

...especially introduced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Evening Standard journalist @sjstandardsport gave us the inside scoop on this weekend’s #PL opponents, #CFC: http://sfcne.ws/InsideTrackCFC

Favourites: 1

...smilingly originated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Southampton FC - Official Site article

Pellegrino: We have to react

Show/hide article…

Saints fell to a 4-1 defeat to Leicester City in a disappointing display at St Mary’s on Wednesday.

And while a trip to Stamford Bridge poses a difficult challenge, Pellegrino feels his side can pick up a result.

“It’s really important for us because this is our main job and we want to show we are well prepared and be consistent,” he said.

“We want to show our best version. Chelsea is a really difficult side but maybe we can find more space.

“We have to do a really good game to have a possibility of winning, but hopefully after a difficult moment we can bounce back.

“In this club, we want to show we are committed to trying to be competitive, our energy and commitment to the club.

“I will try to analyse which player is ready in all different aspects to compete. The Premier League is really demanding and with a game every single three days is difficult to keep the level, which is why we have a squad. I am sure we can compete well.”

...subconsciously cast by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Match Preview: Chelsea vs Saints

Show/hide article…

Everything you need to know ahead of Saints’ trip to Stamford Bridge to face Chelsea on Saturday afternoon.

THE MATCH

Chelsea vs Southampton

Saturday 16th December, 3:00pm GMT

Stamford Bridge

Premier League

WHAT’S AT STAKE?

Southampton will be looking for a performance similar to the ones shown at Manchester City and at home to Arsenal when they travel to Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon.

Speaking before the game, coach Mauricio Pellegrino commented that this weekend’s fixture will represent a chance for his team to immediately show “a different face” from Wednesday night at a ground at which they have recent memory of winning in February 2016.

Four points now separate Saints in 11th, from Everton and the top half of the Premier League.

Since registering consecutive defeats to Crystal Palace and Manchester City, Antonio Conte’s side meanwhile have won seven of their last nine league matches.

A comfortable 3-1 win at Huddersfield on Tuesday night saw the Blues provide an immediate response to a disappointing showing at West Ham the previous weekend, Tiémoué Bakayoko, Willian and Pedro the goalscorers.

The reigning champions sit third in the table, three points behind Manchester United and four ahead of Liverpool.

TEAM NEWS

With Cédric Soares completing a full 90 minutes against Leicester in midweek, the return of Josh Sims to full training is the only change to Pellegrino’s squad going into the trip to West London.

Top-scorer Àlvaro Morata sat out Chelsea’s win in Yorkshire on Tuesday with a back injury and remains a doubt for the visit of the Saints.

David Luiz (knee) remains sidelined while Danny Drinkwater appeared from the substitutes’ bench at the John Smiths Stadium following an illness.

FORM GUIDE

Chelsea’s previous five:

Huddersfield Town (a) W 3-1

West Ham United (a) L 1-0

Atletico Madrid (h) D 1-1 (UEFA Champions League)

Newcastle United (h) W 3-1

Swansea City (h) W 1-0

Southampton’s previous five:

Leicester City (h) L 1-4

Arsenal (h) D 1-1

AFC Bournemouth (a) D 1-1

Manchester City (a) L 2-1

Everton (h) W 4-1

TOP PERFORMERS

The absence of Morata in recent weeks has turned the spotlight back onto Eden Hazard. The Belgian was instrumental and seemingly back to his best at the John Smith Stadium during the week, laying on his team’s opening goal for Willian.

Hazard has played in the “false nine” role in place of Morata on four occasions under Conte this term – with four wins and an aggregate score of 13-1 the result.

The Blues’ number 10 tops the Premier League charts for completed dribbles (60) by a fair distance.

Joined by Pedro in attack, the movement of the trio can be very difficult to pin down and all three pose a genuine goal threat. The aforementioned Willian has been directly involved in six goals in his last four starts in all competitions.

In Marcos Alonso, Chelsea have the most productive wing-back in the league; the Spaniard has either scored or assisted 13 times since his debut, more than any other defender in that time.

Top scorers: Àlvaro Morata (10), Eden Hazard (8), Willian (5)

Most assists: César Azpilicueta (5), Àlvaro Morata (4), Cesc Fàbregas (3)

Saints have been perhaps unfortunate to collect just one point from matches against Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal this season.

The latter two meetings saw the adoption of a three-man defence with two combative midfielders in front. Pellegrino’s men defended willingly and counter-attacked with menace in those games and a repeat showing is a must at Chelsea.

Pierre-Emile Højbjerg has caught the eye in such a system, completing more passes (58), interceptions (3) and clearances (8) than any other player against the Gunners at St Mary’s.

Charlie Austin’s burst of form means he remains top of the Saints scoring charts ahead of Steven Davis and Manolo Gabbiadini. Something special from one of the three in the final third will be key to the chances of a positive result once more at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Top scorers: Charlie Austin (5), Steven Davis (3), Manolo Gabbiadini (3)

Most assists: Nathan Redmond (3), Ryan Bertrand (3), Dušan Tadić (2)

PREVIOUS MEETINGS

Played: 99

Southampton: 30

Draws: 28

Chelsea: 41

Previous four meetings:

April 2017: Chelsea 4-2 Southampton

Oct 2016: Southampton 0-2 Chelsea

Feb 2016: Southampton 1-2 Chelsea

Oct 2015: Chelsea 1-3 Southampton

DID YOU KNOW?

• Antonio Conte has the best win percentage of any permanent Chelsea manager in league history (74.6%)

• Charlie Austin has scored eight goals in his last 12 Premier League starts for Southampton, including four in his last four games.

NOT AT THE GAME?

For in-depth coverage of Saturday’s match, head to our match centre at southamptonfc.com for all the build-up, in-game updates and free live audio commentary.

Additionally, be sure to follow us on our various social channels for behind-the-scenes access and further updates:

• Twitter

• Facebook

• Instagram

• Snapchat

...mordaciously brought to pass by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 15/12/2017 16:49:38

| | Manchester City to go head-to-head with Liverpool to sign £70m-rated starREADLIVERPOOL |
|

| AFTER A LONG WAIT, HOOPS POISED FOR CASH BONANZACELTICQUICKNEWS |
| | Wenger “Considering” World-Record Move For Virgil Van DijkALLARSENALRUMOURS |
| | Chelsea vs Southampton: TV channel, stream, kick-off times, odds & match preview | Goal.comGOALDOTCOM |
| | Liverpool set to be joined in race for top PL starLIVE4LIVERPOOL |
| | Chelsea vs Southampton: TV channel, stream, kick-off times, odds & match preview | Goal.comGOALDOTCOM |

...beneficently dreamed up by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| Match Preview: Chelsea vs Southampton | Southampton make the trip to London this weekend as they face third-placed Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the Premier … 15-12-2017 |

Older content…

| Potential Chelsea line-up against Southampton17 hours ago |
| Chelsea v Southampton: Combined XI17 hours ago |
| Southampton predicted XI: Chelsea (A)17 hours ago |
| Pellegrino is in no position to bemoan Saints’ lack of connection2 days ago |
| Manchester City make signing Southampton star their priority2 days ago |
| Our man of the match: Leicester (H)2 days ago |
| Southampton 1-4 Leicester: Match Report2 days ago |
| Southampton, West Brom, Swansea scout Norwich youngster Godfrey2 days ago |
| Southampton leading race for Dani Garcia2 days ago |

...jocosely put together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 15/12/2017 17:49:53

|

| Morata set to return for ChelseaWESTLONDONSPORT |
| | Claude Puel: The Saint who got awayITSROUNDANDITSWHITE |
| | Chelsea Team News: Conte Confirms Injury Boost But Defender To Miss Southampton | Football Talk | Premier League NewsFOOTBALLTALK |

...refreshedly put together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

:thinking:

Can you identify all the players to have played for #SaintsFC and #CFC in our photo quiz? http://sfcne.ws/QuizPreChelseaA

Favourites: 1

...jadedly shaped by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from talkSPORT article

Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata fit to face Southampton

Show/hide article…

Alvaro Morata will be back in the Chelsea squad for their Premier League clash with Southampton.

The Spain striker missed the midweek match against Huddersfield after suffering from a combination of a back injury and tiredness.

That selection decision by Blues boss Antonio Conte followed a shock defeat by struggling West Ham.

But the summer signing from Real Madrid, who has scored ten times so far in his debut season, will now be recalled to action.

Conte revealed: "He’s better. He trained with us two days ago and also on today.

“He has this pain in his back, but he’s in contention for tomorrow’s game.”

Chelsea need a win, but Conte played down any talk of the club retaining their Premier League title and catching leaders Manchester City.

He added: "You are asking this question all the time. But time is moving on and they continue to win. We must be realistic.

“In the last nine games we won seven games, drew one and lost one, but the gap at the top improved for Manchester City.”

...rejectedly fabricated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

On the Road: Chelsea

Show/hide article…

Travelling to London on Saturday to watch Southampton take on Chelsea? Read our supporters guide to Stamford Bridge.

Visiting supporters will be housed in blocks SU1, SU2, SL1 and SL2 between the East Stand and Shed End which opens 2 hours before kick-off.

Supporters are advised to be in their seats no later than 30 minutes ahead of the game commencing.

Our allocation of just over 3000 tickets has been sold out.

Getting There By Car

Fans are advised not to drive to Stamford Bridge due to parking restrictions in the area, particularly on matchdays.

Driving from The South

Cross the river at Wandsworth Bridge and head up Wandsworth Bridge Road. At the junction with New King’s Road, turn right and then immediately left. This will take you up to Fulham Broadway. Turn right onto Fulham Road and the ground is 400 yards on the left. Parking is very limited close to the ground.

Getting There By Tube or Train

The nearest tube station is Fulham Broadway on the District Line. If changing at Earls Court Station take a Wimbledon-bound tube. There are two Overground stations near to Stamford Bridge, West Brompton and Imperial Wharf, which are approximately a 15-minute walk from the stadium. These are both on a direct line between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction.

By Bus

There are two bus stops outside Stamford Bridge on the Fulham Road. Fans can get to the stadium using the number 14, 211 and 414 buses.

Coach Travel

Coach Travel provided by Princess Coaches can be purchased for this game, priced at £20 per person. Coaches will depart St Mary’s Stadium at 10.30am, Eastleigh at 10.45am, Winchester at 11am. There will be no collection point at Fleet Services.

...captivatingly caused to be by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

Chelsea v Southampton preview: Alvaro Morata available for champions

Show/hide article…

Alvaro Morata is available again when Chelsea play Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday.

The Spain international returns after missing Tuesday’s win at Huddersfield through fatigue and with a back problem.

Chelsea can move joint-second in the Premier League with victory over struggling Southampton at Stamford Bridge.

The Saints have won just four games under Mauricio Pellegrino and head to the home of the champions on the back of Wednesday’s demoralising 4-1 home defeat to Leicester.

Chelsea defender David Luiz is continuing his rehabilitation from inflammation on his knee and will not feature against the Saints.

Mauricio Pellegrino has a fully fit squad to choose from. Cedric Soares came through unscathed against Leicester on Wednesday after returning from a hamstring injury and is likely to keep his place.

But Pellegrino has suggested he will make changes at Stamford Bridge as Saints look to bounce back from their humiliating 4-1 defeat to the Foxes.

Chelsea have won each of their last three Premier League games against Southampton since losing 3-1 at Stamford Bridge in October 2015 under Jose Mourinho.

Southampton have kept one clean sheet in their last 24 Premier League games against Chelsea, a goalless draw on Boxing Day 2002 with Antti Niemi in goal.

After losing consecutive matches against Man City and Crystal Palace, Chelsea have since won seven of their last nine in the Premier League (D1 L1), including each of the last four at Stamford Bridge.

Antonio Conte has the best win percentage of any permanent Chelsea manager in league history (74.6%).

Southampton’s 18-point tally after 17 games is their lowest at this stage of a season in five years and six points less than Claude Puel led them to after 17 games last season (24) - they last won fewer at this stage in 2012-13 (15 points).

Charlie Austin has scored eight goals in his last 12 Premier League starts for Southampton, including four in his last four games.

Willian has been directly involved in six goals in his last four starts in all comps for Chelsea (four goals, two assists).

I thought Chelsea were brilliant at Huddersfield. I know Tottenham won easily there but Manchester United got beaten there and Manchester City didn’t win until late on. Chelsea embarrassed Huddersfield and I can’t see anything but another win here.

Chelsea have been inconsistent at times this season but if they show the form they have in certain games they can beat Barcelona in the Champions League. If they play like they did against Roma they will be out of the tie before you know it. Chelsea just need consistency and they will be a threat to anybody.

...self-consciously contrived by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 15/12/2017 18:50:09

| | Conte full transcipt: Every word from Chelsea boss on SouthamptonFOOTBALLLONDON |
| | Southampton must hijack Tottenham’s bid to sign 21-year-old attacking midfielderFOOTBALLFANCAST |
| | Report: Man City could duel Liverpool for Van DijkCNNSI |
| | Conte confirms Alvaro Morata returnSPORTSMOLE |
| | Chelsea v Southampton - Early Team NewsVITALFOOTBALL |
| | Good news for Chelsea, Conte receives major injury boost for SouthamptonCAUGHTOFFSIDE |
|

| Injury Update: Antonio Cote confirms only one player missing from Southampton clashCHELSEANEWS |

...dirtily instantiated by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!