OptiNews - Friday 01 to Thursday 07 December 2017

Sourced from Optimus trousers summary article summary

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 01/12/2017 12:00:15

| | Price Of Football 2017 - Part 1 (Prem/Champ)VITALFOOTBALL |
| | Officials - Bournemouth v Southampton (3/12/17)VITALFOOTBALL |
| | Olomola not thinking about his future at Yeovil TownSOMERSETLIVE |
|

| Nathan Redmond explains what Pep Guardiola said to himIRELANDCOM |

...uncharacteristically sired by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

The Ugly Inside News for Southampton

New content from (- The Ugly Inside News for Southampton)

| A Rough Guide To Bournemouth | It’s South Coast Derby time again, but not as we know and like it, as we head West to take on the Cherries and as … 01-12-2017 |

Older content…

| Saints At Manchester City The Verdicta day ago |
| Manchester City 2 - 1 Southampton - Player Ratings and Reports2 days ago |
| Saints At Manchester City The Preview2 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV ! Saints V Man City Preview3 days ago |
| Donate To The Ugly Inside’s Movember Campaign !3 days ago |
| The Ugly Inside TV Saints V Manchester City ! Opposition Preview3 days ago |
| Will Saints Have A New Third Kit For The Trip To Bournemouth ?3 days ago |
| A Rough Guide To Manchester City3 days ago |
| Saints Squad Had A Clear The Air Meeting !4 days ago |
| Saints V Everton The Verdict4 days ago |

...direly begot by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

As #SaintsFC prepare for Sunday, we got the lowdown on #AFCB from journalist @nedpayne_echo: http://sfcne.ws/ITCherriesA1718

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 3

...short-temperedly developed by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

When does the transfer window open? When is Deadline Day?

Show/hide article…

When does the transfer window open? When is Deadline Day?

Clubs will get the chance to buy, sell and loan players again in January - here are all the details about the window…

As the bongs ring out to bring in the New Year, clubs will be allowed to start signing players again as the window reopens at one minute past midnight on January 1, 2018.

Teams will have their fax machines running until January 31 at 11pm, which is when the window slams shut on Deadline Day.

The major European leagues also end their transfer window on the final day of January, meaning clubs in La Liga, Ligue 1, Serie A and the Bundesliga will be working to the same timescales as Premier League clubs. Portugal’s window closes on January 2.

In recent windows, we’ve seen what the financial might of Chinese clubs can do in the transfer market, with the likes of Oscar and Ramires swapping England for the Chinese Super League. However, despite the Chinese window being open until February 28, it’s unlikely that we will see similar levels of spending from CSL clubs after a change in rules.

Now, if a transfer fee below £5.3m is paid for a player then the same amount needs to be invested in the club’s youth set-up. If the fee is higher than £5.3m then the club must give the same figure to the state’s football development fund, meaning all foreign transfer fees are now double.

This summer’s window resulted in Premier League teams spending £1.4bn on new acquisitions. As with all winter windows, it is highly unlikely that clubs will get anywhere near that figure, as January is a time for tweaking rather than major overhauls of playing staff. Last January £215m was spent by Premier League clubs.

Sky Sports News will bring you updates throughout January on the latest news and deals on channel 409.

If you’re on the move, you can keep up to date with our dedicated Transfer Centre across our digital platforms, featuring the latest news, views and analysis.

You can also stay up to speed through social media - our Twitter accounts @SkySportsNews and @SkySportsPL will bring you the latest developments, while the Sky Sports Facebook page will host the best news, views and reaction.

Go to the original article…

...ringingly concocted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Looking for an ideal Christmas gift? :gift:

Get 15 per cent off everything in our #SaintsFC flash sale:… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/936573093769859072

Retweets: 1

Favourites: 1

...fearfully produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from BBC article

Nathan Redmond: Pep Guardiola was complimenting me, says Southampton forward

Show/hide article…

Southampton forward Nathan Redmond has defended Pep Guardiola after the Manchester City manager was seen having an animated discussion with him at the end of Wednesday’s Premier League game.

Guardiola said he was telling 23-year-old Redmond “how good a player he is” on the pitch following at full-time.

“When one of the world’s best managers compliments you or gives advice in any way, you listen,” said Redmond.

In a post on social media, Redmond added: "Yes, he was very passionate, intense and aggressive - but he was only very complimentary and positive to me.

"He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season.

"I told him I was doing what my manager had asked me to do in the game. That’s it.

“Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that’s what makes him one of the best managers in world football.”

Redmond scored the opener when Southampton held City to a 1-1 draw at Etihad Stadium last season.

“Last season he destroyed us here,” said Guardiola. "I didn’t know him last season, I realised how good he is.

“[On Wednesday] he could not attack because they defend all the time, but that is what it is.”

...victoriously thrown together by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 01/12/2017 13:00:29

| | Price Of Football 2017 - Part 2 (L1/L2)VITALFOOTBALL |
| | INTERVIEW | The FA Cup is special - OlomolaYEOVILTOWNFCOFFICIAL |
| | Tim Sherwood suggests what Southampton star Nathan Redmond really meant with response to Man City boss Pep GuardiolaHEREISTHECITY |
| | Bournemouth vs Southampton predictions: Match preview & betting tips101GREATGOALS |

...typically given rise to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Sky Sports article

WATCH & VOTE: November Premier League goals of the month

Show/hide article…

There were some superb strikes from around the Premier League in November, but which was the best?

We’ve picked some of the most stunning goals from the last month for you to choose from and Rajiv van La Parra kicked things off on November 4 with his strike for Huddersfield against West Brom.

November 18 was a special day for good goals with both Kevin de Bruyne and Mo Salah scoring brilliant strikes, against Leicester and Southampton, respectively.

Xherdan Shaqiri also makes the list for his goal against Crystal Palace on November 25 with Gylfi Sigurdsson’s powerful drive for Everton against Southampton on November 26 also included.

Finally, there are two Leicester inclusions after their 2-1 win against Spurs on Tuesday - with both Jamie Vardy and Riyad Mahrez making the cut - and the shortlist can only be rounded off with Wayne Rooney’s audacious effort to complete his hat-trick for Everton against West Ham on Wednesday.

Hit play on the video above to see the goals and then vote for your favourite below…

...endearingly coined by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Mail article

Premier League team news, odds and stats for matchday 15

Show/hide article…

Ahead of the Premier League matchday 15 fixtures, Sportsmail brings you the latest squad news, odds and stats on every top flight fixture as it breaks.

Simply click on your team in the fixture list below to find out who is ruled out and who is making a return as well as all the key statistics surrounding your club’s fixture.

In or out? Keep up-to-date with all the latest team news and stats ahead of the weekend

...ungainly modelled by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Optimus trousers’ RSS Feed rss feed

Read Southampton

New content from (- Read Southampton)

| FA ask Guardiola to explain Redmond incident | The FA have asked Man City manager Pep Guardiola to explain the incident between himself and Southampton’s Nathan … 01-12-2017 |

Older content…

| Pep Guardiola explains his furious outburst at Nathan Redmond2 days ago |
| Three Standout Saints: Manchester City (A)2 days ago |
| Manchester City 2-1 Southampton: Match Report2 days ago |
| Southampton player ratings: Manchester City (A)2 days ago |
| Our man of the match: Manchester City (A)2 days ago |
| Austin questioned whether his future was with Southampton2 days ago |
| Southampton, Arsenal, Brighton, Swansea target Alessio Da Cruz3 days ago |
| Manchester City (A) - Four Key Saints3 days ago |
| Southampton and Brighton linked with La Liga striker3 days ago |

...shiveringly invented by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Watch live as #SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino speaks to the media ahead of Sunday’s #PL meeting with #AFCB: https://www.pscp.tv/w/bPAFMjMxOTB8MVJER2xuWXdYWkR4THR1Ila9Ly7tBrWyxPAfEnqlMTCvSUTFAj6kLReu6HjY

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 4

...complaisantly instituted by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino reveals @OficialCedric will not be ready for Sunday’s clash with #AFCB: https://www.pscp.tv/w/bPAFMjMxOTB8MVJER2xuWXdYWkR4THR1Ila9Ly7tBrWyxPAfEnqlMTCvSUTFAj6kLReu6HjY

Retweets: 4

Favourites: 9

...irreligiously fashioned by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from A tweet by BBCSport tweet

@BBCSport - BBC Sport

Pep Guardiola has been asked by the FA to explain his animated post-match discussion with Southampton’s Nathan Redm… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/936591871220076544

Retweets: 16

Favourites: 45

...ferociously erected by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Summary of non-mainstream articles: 01/12/2017 14:00:39

|

| Howe to make late call on Stanislas ahead of Southampton clashTHISISBOURNEMOUTH |
| | Saints star Redmond reveals contents of Guardiola’s intense rantTEAMTALK |
| | We held talks but it was wrong - 35-yr-old opens up on rejecting Rangers jobTHISISFUTBOLCOM |
| | AFC Bournemouth v Southampton: Struggling attacks unlikely to entertain fans | Goal.comGOALDOTCOM |
| | Southampton 2017-18 Third Kit RevealedTHEKITMAN |
| | Liverpool’s top target wanted by European giants | FutnSoccerFUTNSOCCER |
| | Nathan Redmond Refutes Report That Pep Guardiola Called Him a 'W–ker’BLEACHERREPORT |
| | ‘He’s not supporting his own manager’ … Southampton fans unhappy with star’s commentsFOOTBALLFANCAST |

...disjointedly synergised by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

MP: "We have to be proud in the way we approached the #MCFC game but we cannot be happy about that because we alway… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/936595671947366406

Retweets: 0

Favourites: 6

...satedly given life to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Mauricio Pellegrino says his #SaintsFC side can expect a tough test at #AFCB, a team who he says have "grown togeth… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/936596215956992001

Favourites: 3

...grotesquely given breath to by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino says he could call upon @chazaustin10 again after his brace against #EFC last we… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/936596512922054656

Retweets: 2

Favourites: 9

...debasedly mustered by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Redmond defends Guardiola: ‘He was passionate, intense, aggressive’

Show/hide article…

NATHAN Redmond has dismissed suggestions that Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola insulted him during an on-field rant at the end of City’s 2-1 win over Saints on Wednesday night.

In wild scenes following Raheem Sterling’s winner - which came with virtually the last kick of the game - an animated Guardiola was seen in a heated discussion with Redmond after the final whistle.

The City boss insisted after the match he had only wanted to tell Redmond “how good a player he is”, and Redmond has backed up that account following reports on Thursday which suggested Guardiola had in fact been strongly criticising the once-capped England player.

In a statement posted on Twitter, Redmond wrote: "Yes he was very passionate, intense and aggressive but he was only very complimentary and positive to me.

"He commented on my qualities as a young English player and how he wanted me to attack his team more during the game in a similar way to last season.

"I told him I was doing what my manager had asked me to do in the game. That’s it. Nothing negative or offensive was said towards me from Pep and that’s what makes him one of the best managers in world football.

“Losing the game the way we did in the last kick of the game after working so hard for 90+ minutes I was very disappointment (sic) but when one of the worlds best managers compliments you or gives advice in any way, you listen.”

Speaking after the match, Guardiola had admitted his frustration that Southampton “didn’t want to play” and “were time wasting from the ninth minute”, but insisted he was praising Redmond despite his rather aggressive-looking manner.

“(I told him) how good a player he is,” Guardiola said.

"Last season he destroyed us here. I didn’t know him last season, I realised how good he is.

"Today he could not attack because they defend all the time, but that is what it is.

“I spoke with Oriol Romeu as well, with (Virgil) van Dijk and with my players as well.”

...schemingly moulded by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

Sourced from Daily Echo article

Saints sweat on Soares ahead of Cherries clash

Show/hide article…

Saints are sweating on the fitness of ever-present Cedric Soares ahead of Sunday’s clash at AFC Bournemouth.

The Portugese is one of only three Saints players to have played all 14 Premier League games this season, alongside Fraser Forster and Ryan Bertrand.

But he limped off during the latter stages of the 2-1 defeat at Manchester City with a hamstring injury, with Saints looking set for a point before Raheem Sterling’s dramatic winner.

Saints boss Mauricio Pellegrino said: “We have to wait for Cedric now, he felt something in his hamstring.

“If we have to change player we change player because we need to be 100 per cent for what will be a difficult derby.”

Soares, who has made 75 Saints appearances in all competitions since signing in 2015, has only missed one Premier League game throughout 2017, the 2-1 win at Middlesbrough in May.

On that occasion, Jeremy Pied deputised and he may come back in for what would be only his second appearance of the season.

The Frenchman has only played for the U23s since the 2-0 EFL Cup defeat at home to Wolves in August.

And the knee injury that ruled him out for most of last season means he has only played 126 minutes of Premier League football since signing from Nice 16 months ago.

Pied was reunited with Claude Puel, his manager at Nice and Lyon, when he first arrived at St Mary’s, but the shock defeat at home to Wolves is his only appearance under Pellegrino.

Saints played with three centre-halves that night, a tactic Pellegrino deployed to better effect against City.

But the likelihood is that Saints will return to a back four against Bournemouth and Pied is not Pellegrino’s only option to replace Soares.

Centre-back Jack Stephens was not in the 16 at The Etihad but can play at right-back, as he did when he made his Premier League debut as a replacement for Soares in January.

...unthinkingly produced by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!

#SaintsFC boss Mauricio Pellegrino confirms that @OficialCedric has been ruled out of the #AFCB clash, while a late… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/936604583526387719

Favourites: 0

...sloppily made by Optimus trousers...beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!