One Direction to disband

Sadly One Direction have announced that they are going to disband…only for one year :slight_frown:

Don’t you have to be a band to disband?

No harm to the lads, and fair play to them for enjoying what must have been an excellent few years. Really not my cup of tea. Don’t think it’s theirs either.

They’ve got the money to do music properly now, should they so wish.

:cry:

It irks me when they use the word ‘band’, they’re not a band they’re a group. Drums, bass, guitar and a singer, that’s a band. I heard on the news they were referred to as musicians, that’s stretching it even further.

2 Likes

Have heard the name but couldn’t name any of them nor any of their songs.

I’m rather proud of that although I’m not sure why…are the big or something :laughing:

is there a help line?

Objectively speaking, clearly some of the greatest music ever made! You only have to listen to it to see how in tune it is, which compares v.favourably with i.e. The Beatles, to pick a random band from the past. When i.e. Zayn Malik sings a middle C note, he sings exactly a middle C note, or if he doesn’t the band’s computers v.quickly ensure that he does, whereas i.e. John Lennon could be wobbling all over the place, in an unprofessional + not give a fuck manner. Ditto with the rythym section, Ringo Starr’s stickwork is v.all over the place! If you listen closely, one snare hit could 121db, whereas the next could be only 120.8db. One Direction’s rythym section, Drumbot-2000 v4.5, when he makes a snare noise it is always spot on the Decibels and timed to the millisecond! It is this kind of attention to detail that seperates the truly great bands of today, from the hack wannabes of our fore-fathers.

A sad day for music, and lovers of music. The only bright side is that we can anticipate 5 bestselling solo albums in the next 3 months, and a triumphant comeback tour in 2017. RIP

2 Likes

And the decibel is a logarithmic scale.

Originally posted by @Nobby-Plumbs

It irks me when they use the word ‘band’, they’re not a band they’re a group. Drums, bass, guitar and a singer, that’s a band. I heard on the news they were referred to as musicians, that’s stretching it even further.

Well, me too (and I am so ashamed I know this), but even taking the X-Factor’s rather generous definition of “band” into account, they weren’t a band when they auditioned. They were put together on the show after failing to all impress individually.