🗓 On this date in history

Feck me, you’ve been driving (legally) longer than I’ve been alive

1 Like

That 57 Austin looks great. I want one.

1 Like

Very small…I struggled to get in and out at 6’2" but the driving examiner was about 6’5"…he had the clipboard on his knees, just under his chin.

If i’m being honest, it’s the fact that it’s small and almost toy town looking that i like. I’m a short arse anyway so no problems for me, although my daughter would ridicule me if i drove one(almost a good enough reason to buy one).

3 Likes

SoS - upvoted for your reasoning for buying one…(man after my own heart) - not for being a shortarse

:lou_lol:

1 Like

Embarrassing the children should be a highlight of any self-respecting parents day.

I’ve had a look and to my delight they even made the Wallace and Gromit van. I could see myself in this, with my fishing rods tied to the roof rack.

http://m.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C790713

It almost makes me want to join Nigel Fararge back in the 1950’s

2 Likes

I like to think I’d struggle to embarass anyone in my classic…even with the site software sqashing it up.

3 Likes

LITSL when you link a photo change the dimensions of the photo, I always make sure that the first dimension is 600 or less, the other number will magically be calculated when you move out of that field. And ensure constrain proportions is checked

4 Likes

A Karmann? Probably cost more than a new car now. Very eye-catching car.

SoS: “Embarrassing the children should be a highlight of any self-respecting parents day…”

Not a highlight, a duty

5 Likes

Yep a '58 VW Karmann Ghia Coupe. A decent pre 1960 Karmann Ghia is now very hard to find for less than £20k

Thanks Bob…so “600” is the magic number. :lou_lol:

1 Like

13th November 1982.

Good to see this now as I was at the game, but was so pissed by mid-afternoon that I had retreated to my seat in the stands. I then slept for an hour and missed the 50 last wicket partnership. The pitch invasion and the ensuing puch-ups.

When I woke up, I asked my mates what had I missed and couldnt work out why everyone was laughing. Had to wait to see it on TV in the evening. The atmosphere for the rest of the game and in the town night life was pretty toxic.

Footy 40 Years Ago@ Footy40YearsAgo 20h20 hours ago

# AFC and # SaintsFC agree a £60,000 fee for ex-England captain Alan Ball, who will sign for the FA Cup holders tomorrow

2 Likes

£60 grand, that’s mental. I assume that wasn’t per week :lou_lol:

btw Bob, not sure about the new avatar. I’ve always associated you with the happy little chappie with the Saints shirt and xxxl baseball cap. The new you seems kinda glum !!

I hope your not getting all stressy because Puel’s turned out to a completely useless fucktard and we’ve gone all shit and we’ll probably get relegated now.

3 Likes

morale is high, Steve. MORALE IS HIGH.

2 Likes

Tuesday 3rd January 1967…50 years ago today I started a career in Cartography.

Tom Jones was at No 1 with “The Green Green Grass of Home” and Jack Ruby…the man who shot, the man who shot JFK…died of natural causes.

1 Like

Pretty strange but 33 years ago, we had a stoppage time moment!

I was only 9 so do not remember it!

3 Likes

Fucking brilliant

Some dodgy haircuts going on there though.

Feck me, CMFG was playing for the Saints back then too…

Originally posted by @Optimus-trousers

Sourced from A tweet by SouthamptonFC tweet

@SouthamptonFC - Southampton FC

#OnThisDay in 2005, Matt Oakley’s stunning strike helped #SaintsFC to an FA Cup victory over #Pompey!

Retweets: 6

Favourites: 8

…wretchedly sired by Optimus trousers…beta v1.9 - now with EXTRA pictures!