Official statement from Lou (formerly Coxford Lou)

That’s a decent idea which I’ll probably look to implement quite quickly.

Originally posted by @Bucks

I had the pleasure of a few beers last night with Lou, fondly remembered by many as once being a regular and top poster on here. Given the circumstances behind her putting down her keyboard, there is likely to be considerable interest in what she had to say but for now, it is limited to a heartfelt “Hi!” to the following fellow Sotonians, which I am happy to pass on:

Fatso

SO5

Fowllyd

Goatboy

Rallyboy

Bletch

BTripz

Bearsy

Chertsey (begrudgingly)

Furball (!)

Edit: also Redslo

That is all, Lou will not be taking any questions at this time :lou_lol:

Well, fuck her!

1 Like

Originally posted by @TheMightyOstrich

Pap, quick question: how is it that you got all defensive and worried about Jack Schitt’s feelings of alienation and bullying when people were sceptical of his ITK status but you think it’s OK to have a go at Lou in her absence? Is that cool even if she had a little joke at your expense?

I’m one dude sticking my neck out and being critical of a popular poster.

The JS situation was a lot of dudes, many brought here by Jack, having a go at him. I still don’t know why they did that, but I can see why he got upset.

Ultimately, my patience with JS only went so far. Loved him as a poster. Tried getting him back after the transfer window closed. I didn’t give a fuck about the ITK status thing myself. Just thought he was an interesting poster. You can say whatever you like about him, but he didn’t try to destroy this place on his way out, despite having quite a bit of personal justification with certain people.

The point is he tried. He came to us first. bletch and I really tried to sort it, but it just wasn’t a decent fit. Things had gone too far.

At the risk of attracting even more downvotes, I’ve infinitely more respect for the way he conducted himself than louder leavers.

It’s getting a bit weird on here recently, maybe I should put my keyboard down for a bit…

DON’T BAN ME!

No-one’s banned. Lou’s feelings on posting here have been articulated on more than one occasion. If those feelings change, she’s welcome back.

But yeah, it is all a bit weird. The “is it a good idea” filter really wasn’t applied.

This is all a bit embarrassing.

3 Likes

Originally posted by @TheCholulaKid

Why what’s going on…have I missed something?

_ “How could it possibly go wrong?”_

The van is running.

i only come here for the Drama.

why does pap’s avatar show a penguin pecking worzel gummidge eye out?

1 Like

:astonished:

TBF I thought that my pet name for Lou might have put her off too. I stopped using it when someone mentioned that it might have.

I’m not sure. I can’t work out if Pap’s actually having a meltdown or just pretending to.

We’re living in a post-truth world. I’ve no fucking idea what to believe anymore.

3 Likes

I’m having one of my “terrible and aloof” moments. I’d much rather be doing other things. Needs must.

Does that explain yesterday as well?

Just back from doing various projects :cool:

Have I missed much? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It was this post , Coronation Street, Eastenders or Emmerdale. :astonished:

The TV remains off until we get to the bottom of this saga. :slight_frown:

Hopefully this can all be sorted and all my fellow posters will play together like good little urchins. :innocent:

COYS :smile: :smile: :smile:

9 Likes

No, but I’m glad to see you straightening up and flying right. Some of your replies on that Tories thread were actually non-trolly :lou_sunglasses:

Never liked her anyway!

OK, I’ve spent the afternoon sat in front of the Sotonians’ Ouija board trying to channel Cocks for Lou from beyond the grave.

All I got was Ohio Saint mentioning t-i-t-s and h-o-m-e-b-r-e-w.

So, having given up on ever hearing from Fold Our Cocks again, she suddenly popped up in my PM inbox like a begloved forefinger in a prostate exam.

She wishes it to be known that the main reason she is not posting anymore is that Big Woman-Hating Bob has upset her by calling her stupid names*.

Other than that, she’s still in love with us but right now she hasn’t got the time and energy for us.

It’s her, you see, and not us.

As the great big nosed bard from Barking said “In the end, it took me a dictionary to find out the meaning of unrequited. While she was giving herself for free at a party to which I was never invited.”

It was a classy, humble and humorous PM to me _ AND _ pap that explained (to my satisfaction) why we aren’t seeing much of her and the rationale behind asking Lou’s Lapdog (sorry, that should have read Bucks) to start this thread.

I won’t go into detail, but she did acknowledge that pap’s spider-sense that he was being a target of mirth wasn’t far from the truth.

She also confirmed that she is seeking help for her Pringles addiction but not her peppermint matchstick dependency.

RIP Lou. I’m going to miss you

So, in true nighttime DJ style, “This one goes out to Lou from Coxford”.

*This may or may not have been the very opposite of what she said.

9 Likes

I’ve had that PM from Lou too. Frankly, I’m a little sad to have given bTripz his urban moniker. If I changed his name to BigBannedBob now, it would only be the old timers that got it*.

To all the fuckers that downvoted me for my (once again) successful spider sense, hang your heads in shame! T’was a wind-up, not an instance of my hair trigger paranoia having a BAP relapse.

Anyway, I sent Lou a PM back, which I will not divulge here without permission, and a PM back from Lou, asking for surrender terms. Essentially, we agreed that:-

1. I will re-enable Lou’s posting rights. Relations have normalised to the point where even if she doesn’t post, she can.
  2. Lou will get a Corbyn tattoo, to be displayed in a prominent position at all future Sotonians events.
  3. If/when Lou re-emerges, she and I will be friendly, partially because of an underlying fondness not diminished by surface level spats.
  4. I’d fabricate terms of surrender without her knowledge, not all of which would be entirely true.
7 Likes

I’ll stick your RIP up your frigging arse Bletch!!!

8 Likes