đŸ˜± ☁ No ambition, no goals, where do we go from here?

No I am free to tell you to fuck off from my thread, you come on here to bitch at a thread being ruined yet its the one I started.

Not inconsistent, consistent.

So, back in those earlier days, we didn’t ever have any statements from the club about what our ambitions were?

1 Like

Not really not that I recall, different times though, no internet, twitter etc etc

Times change, not too sure what you’re trying to say, our communication with the fans was shite then so its ok to be shite now?

No, I’m just trying to establish what it is that you’re unhappy about. It seems that, a quarter of a century or so ago, you were quite happy to support a club with no apparent ambition beyond staying in the top flight, and a team that, under Branfoot, played shockingly bad football, that was horrible to watch.

So, what’s your problem now? You didn’t want or need constant announcements from the club then, so why are they necessary now? It’s got nothing to do with the internet or twitter; the club could easily have made its ambitions and aims known at any time had it chosen to do so. It didn’t, at least not as far as I remember.

And, back then, you at least could complain about parting with your hard-earned cash to watch a shit team, playing shit football, struggling to survive in the top division. Can’t see that’s an issue for you now.

4 Likes

Consistently inconsistent- there corrected it for you.

I’ll leave you to ply your silly games

Muted for now :wave:

BTW As an experienced moderator of similar style forums I’d like to put you straight on one point.

Just because you start a forum topic doesn’t give you property rights. It belongs to whoever cares to contribute and as long as the replies stay “on topic” all is well.

The starter of the topic is not the arbiter of content, that will always remain under scrutiny of site Admin and Moderators.

Carry on.

1 Like

We just need a goal, what is Chairman’s Gao aspiration for the club?

He’s been silent for 3 years.

Again - how much did previous chairmen say? Who was our chairman in the 1990s, prior to the Lowe era? Did he state our goals and ambitions? Did you want or need him to do so?

Or did you just go to matches and support the team, get pissed with your mates, have a laugh, etc.?

2 Likes

Wasn’t Lowe said to plan for finishing 17th every year and anything above that was a bonus?

I was always jealous of fans of those other clubs in the past where the chairman / owner would be in the media all the time about what they thought, how they were doing, what sort of players they were after, how they felt about fixtures, their current form and fitness and so on. You know, those people who were not ex footballers or managers or coaches but thought the world needed to hear from them, as the owner.

I don’t really understand why that sort of thing stopped happening tbh.

1 Like

Same reason you rarely get decent interviews from players these days. Media training and rule #1 is that it’s less hassle to say nothing than something.

Thanks. I was not really struggling to understand :wink:

This, I want a bit more in my middle age, are you happy supporting the Marie Celeste?

I want a two’s up with Kylie and Dannii Minogue, but in my middle age, I know my limitations.

1 Like

Bit retro but fair play.

Are you happy being this unhappy over a football result?

Personal trait, no more no less but no I am not happy at being unhappy with a football result, now if you’re saying do I like to moan?

Most people do concerning sport and their team you dippy whopper.

You’ve been writing the entire enterprise off for as long as I’ve seen you posting, to the extent where people legit thought you were a fucking Pompey fan in the early days.

You thought I didn’t live in Liverpool, people are allowed to be wrong, I even allow myself to be wrong once every other year on the first Friday at 2000.

And yet, Skates whine less about our team than you do.