Nivarna's "Nevermind" was released 25 years ago

25 years ago … I feel old :slight_frown:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7518725/nirvana-nevermind-anniversary-track-by-track

1 Like

A classic Ted. Stands the test of time.

Seems like yesterday though

Jeez, some of us are old farts…

1 Like

Along with the Manchester scene, it helped guitar music into the mainstream.

I was onto these boys before they hit the big time. Rock mates were suitably impressed. Never expected to see them on The Word weeks later.

They hit mainstream gold because they had an excellent album, and didn’t come with any of the baggage of the rock or metal of the day. The guitar revival of the 1990s may have happened without them, but they really helped push it along.

1 Like

Bleach was a great Album. “About a Girl” could be a Beatles song.

2 Likes

25 years? That’s hit me quite hard. I’m not just old, i’m a fucking pensioner(without being able to claim it for at least 20 years). Shit, Shit and fucking Shit.

How the fuck did we end up where we are?

2 Likes

That’s life mate (cue song of same name)

Think we’re all a bit short-changed in the years bit.

Bloody good group - and the little drummer boy has done good!

:smiley:

1 Like

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

Bloody good group - and the little drummer boy has done good!

:smiley:

If done good means released a succession of MOR albums then, yeah - he’s done good.

Nevermind is a great album though (despite the ubiquitous Smells Like…)

Originally posted by @TedMaul

25 years ago … I feel old :slight_frown:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/7518725/nirvana-nevermind-anniversary-track-by-track

Don’t worry Ted, you’ll get over it…I remember sitting in my car listening to tracks from Sgt. Pepper’s the day it was released 49 years ago.

3 Likes

Agreed

Good band, good album. But their success inadvertently killed guitar music as a progressive or dynamic art form. It’s been looking backwards ever since.

These things tend to go round in cycles rather than a linear progression, it’ll come back round again for the better don’t worry.