:home_shirt_2020:💰 New Shirt Sponsor

Confirmed as Sportsbet.io who look dodgy as shit due to the little bitcoin logo.

Fundamentally I think advertising betting should be banned but I guess there wasn’t much time to secure anything more palatable to replace LD

3 Likes

Yep it doesn’t sit happily with me either but it’s only a 1 year deal…time to look for a more permanent one methinks.

To be honest I have no worries, it’s like cigarette advertising, I don’t understand the argument that it encourages people to smoke, if people smoke already it’s not going to make them smoke more.

Same for betting advertising, having a betting sponsor isn’t going to make someone bet if they don’t already, if they bet it might make them use the company…

2 Likes

I just find the all pervasive betting adverts on Sports Channels annoying and conversely like your comment that smokers won’t be encouraged to smoke more nor will compulsive gamblers bet less because they are told to bet responsibly. Both have the ability to destroy lives.

1 Like

I agree with this in principle BTripz, but I don’t understand why if cigs and booze are deemed immoral to advertise on football shirts in most countries betting is somehow allowed?

It’s not the current customers it’s marketing to that’s the main issue - it’s the kiddies watching their favourite players with “BET YOU LITTLE SHIT YOU’LL ONLY FEEL ALIVE IF YOU DO” plastered all over their chest…

1 Like

I am totally not going to moan about it being a betting company.
We needed to fill that hole & have enough funds for Ralph.
It was not our first choice, we are mature enough to understand that.
Congratulations to Semmens again for making the best of the cluster fvck of LDSports.
Now we have a year to find a moral solution or for UK Gov to change the law.
Imho? Football is going to need every bit of cash it can get

The other big factor is landing any sort of sponsor in lockdown, in the Premier League.

Not only no fans at games, but no blanket TV coverage, no free-to-air games at all and no streaming by individual clubs allowed (unlike the EFL). So massively reduced exposure.

This is some result, at zero notice, to get us through the year.

1 Like

Here’s their tweet announcing it with images of the shirts…

From a female point of view I have never understood why anyone buys a new shirt every year anyway. I mean I totally get it is a way for the club to raise funds I just wouldn’t get one every year, and quite frankly I really don’t bother reading the logo so it could be anything

1 Like

When I was in the sandpit, where every single game is on TV, it was good to go down a pub with about 600 people chilling and wear our kit.
But we kept losing when we wore colours so it added away when we were shit with Puel & the idiot.
I’d love to have the new one to wear to Krakow if work overs returns…

I must say I thought we had resisted this more seedy side of things, I thought we had more class… this vexes me

2 Likes

Was hoping it would be Marlboro :confused:

2 Likes

My best mate has an opinion which is fairly unpopular amongst Saints fans.

The only people who wear replica shirts to home games are kids. Or nonces.

1 Like

I’ve been watching that for 47 minutes - when does she uncross her legs and use her right?

5 Likes

She did briefly when you turned away to type your post

3 Likes