Pap as he really is… not as a god, but as a monster!

1 Like

Appreciate the sympathetic rendering GA, but it’s in vain. The full horror is already out there on social media.

Call me a cynical old cunt… but all these new members and not one of them is being twat? Law of averages suggests that at least 97% of Football forum members should have some Bletch like traits… smell a rat? Are we being infiltrated by ‘dark forces’. Time to dispatch special agent Bearjax to seek out nefarious goings on?,Or am I being paranoid and do I need to go sit in a darkend room listening to Chris de Burgh records in my damp Pyjamas?

Is this site equipped to handle potential outbreak of Alpine?

Behind the scenes, pap and I have been working feverishly to improve the grumpy filters and to build a toys-out-of-the-pram shield.

So we are prepared.

Plus we learned a lot from embracing a certain Barry Sanchez - a poster that had been hounded out of every other forum he’s been on.

When Barry gets too much, people down-vote him and something quite beautiful happens. He stops being (as much of a) chwat.

At the moment, we have a community that generally wants to maintain the inclusive nature of Sotonians. This means that posters like Barry (and hopefully) Alpine are not as viciously attacked, but, by example, subliminally urged to change the way they communicate

That may change over time, and it may not always work, but pap and I will intervene if we see lots of down votes and, finally, if all of this fails we can just call them cunts…

2 Likes

Tis a badge of honour. I try to live up to this code at all times, sometimes falling short and being only a fanny. But its the effort that counts

2 Likes

Originally posted by @saintbletch

Originally posted by @M8D7C

Is this site equipped to handle potential outbreak of Alpine?

Behind the scenes, pap and I have been working feverishly to improve the grumpy filters and to build a toys-out-of-the-pram shield.

So we are prepared.

Plus we learned a lot from embracing a certain Barry Sanchez - a poster that had been hounded out of every other forum he’s been on.

When Barry gets too much, people down-vote him and something quite beautiful happens. He stops being (as much of a) chwat.

At the moment, we have a community that generally wants to maintain the inclusive nature of Sotonians. This means that posters like Barry (and hopefully) Alpine are not as viciously attacked, but, by example, subliminally urged to change the way they communicate

That may change over time, and it may not always work, but pap and I will intervene if we see lots of down votes and, finally, if all of this fails we can just call them cunts…

I think we can all live with dishing out the ‘cunt card’.

1 Like

Sigh.