New Guardian exposé of tax avoidance

1 Like

Thread title edited to reflect traditional spelling.

Thank you @modboy is was getting so bad that everytime I looked at the thread title I had to take my anger out on someone.

Mrs BTripz will be out of hospital in a couple of weeks.

thought the typo was a private eye joke about guardian tbh

3 Likes

The defence of the ones who support this say it’s legal, it’s morally redundant but legal, class.

repugnant?

No redundant.

Spare us your virtual signalling Baz.

Everybody pays as little tax as they can.

1 Like

That doesn’t make the system right though does it? Saying we’d all do that doesn’t excuse it, the laws need to be changed but the City and people who make legislation won’t change it, why would they? I really hope the cunts lost billions on us leaving the EU, I hope it fucked them up good and proper.

Losing money is the ultimate tax avoidance scheme, I wouldn’t wish on that.

1 Like

Why don’t we just lower our tax rates so people pay tax in the uk

What the spanner doesn’t realise is that those losses can be carried back against the profits of last year crystalising an immediate tax refund to them. Cunts 1 Bazza 0

4 Likes

I’d suggest comparing the lists of people hiding money off shore and those that funded various Leave campaigns. I’d be not the slightest bit surprised if there was more than a casual correlation between the two.

As has already been hinted at, it’s the direction the country is headed now, which is what many backing it wanted all along.

Training courses being the classic example of tax avoidance, training days are tax right offs , salary sacrifice as well.

But they don’t pay tax in Jersey so do you want to give them money? Simply pay tax on what is earnt in the Country, no funnelling, my wife has worked for a few companies that are based in Geneva and Dublin yet strangely their core business is in the UK, why? Why can’t the EU sort out Irelands tax affairs from within the EU? Thats how weak both the EU and the UK are on this, this is a class/greed issue not a political one as such.

@lord-duckhunter Sotonians.com very own Toby Young.

I worry that you will be proud of that(but not surprised).

Enjoy the stupidity :lou_facepalm_2:

1 Like

Virtual signalling!!

Oh dear, Lord Duckhunter using expressions he doesn’t understand in an attempt to appear ‘with it’.

He probably thinks erudite is a glue!

1 Like

Or possibly something vegetarian like what very rich people eat in expensive restaurants

Really?

I’d always wondered how they managed to spend their cash having hidden it offshore. Usually when you repatriate cash, that is when you pay tax. The answer - you don’t own anything. You car, yacht, house, everything is owned by a Mauritian company that you just so happen to be the investment advisor to.