Right, I’ve installed a new theme component that makes direct messages look more like a ‘chat’ than the main forum topics.
Here’s an example.
I’m looking for some feedback, and whilst I know that whenever I ask you lot to help with technology it usually turns into something as palatable as another ‘cock-op’, but if two or three of you could let me know what you think I’d be grateful.
How to test
These instructions are meant to be self-selecting - if you don’t understand them, then they weren’t meant for you.
- Go into your theme settings. (User settings, Preferences, Interface, Theme)
- Remember the theme you are currently using
- Change your theme to “Sam’s Simple Theme” then hit Save Changes
- Reload your browser page or stop your browser app and re-start it
- Go into Personal Messages and look at the new chat-bubble approach
- Come back to this thread and tell me what you think
- I hate it. Things are always better how they are and modern life is shit
- I love it. It’s transformed the way I feel about life and I feel like a weight has been lifted from my shoulders
- Go back in to your theme settings (instructions in 1. above)
- Change your theme back to the previous one (that you remembered from 2. above) and hit Save Changes.