New buttons to help the site

Can we have a couple of new buttons to support Like and Dislike?

How about one that says, you have typed way too much and I can’t be arsed to read all that

and a second one that says you have quoted so many previous posts in one go that it looks both complicated and as dull as fuck.

This might help lazy people - the ones that didn’t bother to read down this far - until they saw something colourful. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :lou_sunglasses: :laughing:

11 Likes

Originally posted by @Rallyboy

Can we have a couple of new buttons to support Like and Dislike?

How about one that says, you have typed way too much and I can’t be arsed to read all that

and a second one that says you have quoted so many previous posts in one go that it looks both complicated and as dull as fuck.

This might help lazy people - the ones that didn’t bother to read down this far - until they saw something colourful. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :lou_sunglasses: :laughing:

Don’t think Pap would go for that one, could have a significant knock on effect to his upvote score :lou_wink: :wink:

1 Like

Have already been shot down in flames for suggesting something similar about the buttons RB

Well, when I say shot down in flames, I got a 10 page rebuttal of my argument from Pap

:lou_wink:

Not really…it was 5 pages…

Must admit I tend to skip posts quoting a lot of previous comments. Life’s too short when trying to read them on a shit mobey.

2 Likes

Haha … pot kettle

1 Like

Originally posted by @steveintheforest

Originally posted by @cobham-saint

Have already been shot down in flames for suggesting something similar about the buttons RB

Well, when I say shot down in flames, I got a 10 page rebuttal of my argument from Pap

Not really…it was 5 pages…

Must admit I tend to skip posts quoting a lot of previous comments. Life’s too short when trying to read them on a shit mobey.

Haha … pot kettle

Yeah Steve, but mine are really interesting and thought provoking,…not like the rest of the filler on this site.

That’s why everyone’s should read them… It’s an old law, or charter or something

1 Like

fable ? … or fallacy mebbe ?

1 Like

Phallus -y more like…

:lou_lol:

2 Likes

I wish that i could go to the end of a thread, i.e. the latest post, each time I pick a thread. Often it takes to me to page 1 of a total of 25 pages. Just asking :lou_lol:

3 Likes

Bucks, I 'm with you on that point.

Optimus Trousers’ thread is the worst culprit…(Bletch!)

2 Likes

And ffs make a better button so mobile users can get back to latest page.

Current one is only usable for posters with tiny penises oops sorry spell check meant fingers.

Having to press back button 5 or 6 times reload each page then wait to refresh. We don’t all have 4G everywhere we go ffs

2 Likes

Tapping on the SOTONIANS.COM logo at the top of the page, should link you straight back to the home/latest page on a mobile Phil.

A spellchekker would be nice tho’

1 Like

And a button at the bottom so you can get back to the top of the page - particularly useful on the political threads (again, for mobey users) - so that I can tap the logo to go back to the Home page…

3 Likes

You obviously have a small digit if you can press that badge button…

Not particularly mate, it’s one of the biggest links on page and bigger than a keyboard letter.

Anyway just trying to be helpful